Force team chat

This has been a problem since comp was ever introduced into the game. I get that there are toxic people that play this game but it becomes a hundred times more difficult when there is no communication. It can easily implement how CoD used to do search and destroy by forcing people into team chat.

2 Likes

The automated ban system discourages communication…

1 Like

impossible to enforce. even if it made me join the channel i could block my entire team anyway.

I get the sentiment of your post, I really do. The community of Overwatch in mid to low ranks is ripe with awful behaviour.

Let’s pretend that tomorrow, Forced Team Chat is implemented. Community is still going to be just as negative as today. Still going to have people that click ‘Mute All’ just like other FPS games.

It’s not a mechanics issue. It’s a community issue. And communities of players never changes unless the Dev makes bad behaviour penalized, similar to the bad player pool in DotA2.

But since Blizzard is the ‘punish the innocent and protect the offenders’ kind of gaming company, Overwatch remains as it is.

2 Likes

Yep. Been saying this for a while now.

It’s quite possible for them to enforce.

As for blocking your entire team, well you still would’ve been put into team chat. If you then want to block your entire team that’s your choice.

Then again, someone that auto-blocks an entire team obviously isn’t interested in working as a team towards winning a match anyway.

Sure I am. I am quite capable of doing it without listening to your complaints and whining and telling me which hero I should be playing and other worthless opinions that are largely wrong anyway.

That’s impressive. I doubt anyone could assume so much incorrectly in one go as you have right there.

I think you need to change your forum name.

For the sake of others, players with attitudes like yours should just be blocked from playing Competitive.

What about that single guy with an annoying buzz in the mic? I can’t block him no, I have to play with that stupid noise for the whole game. You guys have the worst ideas and I’m happy blizzard is not listening. The moment blizzard does what the vocal minority in the community wants heroes get broken and meta stale and awful.

You can ask them to fix it. If they won’t or cannot, then you have the mute option at your disposal.

I haven’t seen you offer up any ideas.

You have no idea what ideas Blizzard are currently considering.

That’s got nothing to do with team chat.

1 Like