Force people to join team chat

For the love of god can we force people into team chat for competitive, nothing cripples a team more then no one communicating or no one being able to listen to call outs. It’s a team game, and when no ones in chat you’re literally playing a solo game at that point. And if people don’t like this idea then go be a casual player in the arcade or quick play.

2 Likes

I think you should use mic in comp if anything else but to listen for stuff. But they dont force it cause people are and can be very toxic for the dumbest resasons that and a mic wont do much good for a deaf person :smiley: so…im sorry it would be a bad idea to force voicechat and wouldnt fix anything.

Yep. Been saying this for a while now.

1 Like

Reported for spam…

It’s a game. Some people don’t even have mics. Others don’t want to be yelled at. Yes, they can mute people, but why even bother when so many ppl are toxic and ruin it?

So what if they don’t use it.

Before you DEMAND that everyone use VC, DEMAND that nobody be toxic first.

They are both ridiculous demands. People WILL be toxic - a LOT. Also, people won’t always join in VC - EVER.

I for one am SO sick of loud mouth toxic trolls in chat. No team benefit is worth enduring toxic garbage.

3 Likes

Because it’s a team game?! If someone’s being rude mute them. God why is every one so sensitive. The irony though, you’re being toxic right now trying to be a smart mouth.

Unless you are GM+ there is no need for voice.

3 Likes

Force it and you will have trolls screaming at mics and loud trap music all around.

2 Likes
  1. id just turn the volume to zero
  2. u can’t force someone to make callouts
  3. it’s not really necessary bronze-gold
  4. some people concentrate better without it

if vc was foced-auto join, not only could i set the volume to zero but i could also just mute everyone to get silence. so “forcing” it is really useless.
best thing you can do is ask super nicely at the beginning thru text-chat.
Sometimes if someone ask “join vc for callouts please” i might turn it on to listen until the second someone says something that sounds even slightly salty. then back out i go. not worth having someone else tilt me by either being rude or repeating a callout over and over and over that isn’t actually important in that particular moment.

1 Like

voice chat can drastically decrease mechanics for some players.

3 Likes

No thank you. I usually use voice chat, but sometimes I just don’t feel like it, whether that be because of annoying teammates that aren’t actually saying anything useful, or if a team is toxic right out of the gate, or if I’m tilted from a loss streak and might say something I’ll regret (I probably shouldn’t be playing comp when I’m tilted, but sometimes I just requeue immediately without thinking).

2 Likes

Voice communication is absolutely not imperative to the game in random queing, and it’s more likely to be stressful. The day I am forced to have to be in voice is the day I delete Overwatch forever. Voice chat is useful if you are actually going to train with a group. Most callouts are meaningless to a random group

Forcing people to join team chat won’t change anything. People will just mute each player individually. And removing that ability would be a terrible, terrible idea. It’s one of the best ways of dealing with toxicity.

As above, if you allow players to mute each other then forcing them to join team chat achieves nothing.

That is the reason for muting. If someone is toxic, mute them. I’ve been saying this since the very beginning. There should be no reason that there is even an OPTION to be in group or team chat in Comp. It makes me seriously ticked off when we have people that join the chat at the end of the game just to complain and are speaking completely perfect English. You know, if you CAN join, and then do so just to complain when we lose, you’re probably the reason we lost. We could have had a lot more communication and maybe fixed some stuff, but you didn’t want to leave the group chat so that’s on you.

On console, we don’t have a text chat, so if someone does not join chat, then we have literally zero contact with them besides just saying “hello” through the action wheel. No one is asking you to make callouts. No one is saying you can’t mute everyone or just turn the volume to zero. But if you are in a group chat talking and making those callouts without joining team chat for the rest of us to get it, then that is messed up.

But if people are forced to be in voice they would just hit P and mute everyone so they wouldnt be in voice in that case so either way it dosnt matter. I agree everyone should be using it but sadly to many toxic people use it too. They need to remove the “leave” button from comp too.

mute them then lol
its an option for a reason

2 Likes

Honestly, at lower levels, voice chat is more often than not a hindrance to victory than aiding in it.

All having it mandatory will do will make everyone shout out their stupid ideas more, or flame the wrong person for them losing even more.

1 Like

I agree, for those toxic on voice or text chat, that is why the report function exist.
i hardly find anyone toxic on voice.