For Zarya's campaign, will we get to hear URAAAA~?

Controversial, I know, but I just can’t help but think of moments of Russian/Soviet patriotism like the following (even if it was completely suicidal):

Same with this one from CoD2 ("LET’S GO GET THE BASTARDS!!!):

Man, I miss the days of gaming where the above was what you aimed for, not action hero FPS characters (“Ramirez, no-scope that guy and stop WW3!”). Those were very brave men who ran headlong to their doom to secure a better future.

Just imagine it: the Omnics are dug into a heavily-fortified position, and the Russians decide to meet it with brute force (tends to be the Slavic battle plan throughout history). Their infantry let out a loud “URAAAAAA~!” as they charge the Omnics in what anyone else would see as suicidal fervor. Predictably, the Russians are slaughtered by Bastions and Omnic artillery, with only our heroes and a scant few others surviving. The attack eventually succeeds, but only after the Russians sustain heavy casualties.

Afterwards, the rest of Overwatch remarks at how the Russians should have avoided such a massacre by being smarter about their attack. Zarya both agrees and disagrees, claiming those men died for the Motherland, even if their sacrifice could be seen as meaningless by some.

I doubt Blizzard will do this, but it’s a thought.

You mean like this?

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/allstars_gamepedia/images/9/99/ZaryaBase_Celebrate00.ogg

I don’t think it’s out of the question.

(It’s from HotS)

Bold of you to assume Zarya will get a campaign

1 Like

She’ll get at least a segment. It’s clear she’s not a fan of Overwatch based on certain voicelines she has, and Russia has never been a fan of accepting help from other nations.

It’s clear from released footage from BlizzCon that Zarya and Sojourn have PVE mission together in metro, getting civilians to safety.