For those who still enjoy Overwatch: Why?

Trying to get decent with multiple heros drives me. Currently on my 15th golden gun. Need 4 more to satisfy my completionary needs on the heros I hope to master one day. Love Comp even though it can be frustrating. You just learn to make the most of it and have fun.

As long as I don’t play competitive and play during events I have fun.

When an event ends I don’t touch overwatch. And even during this event the max I ever give is hour to an hour and a half of playtime.

For me this is not a game you can or should put in Skyrim/Witcher amounts of play time cause the repetitive grind getz noticeable.

I’m having fun and getting great lootbox drops. Also I play other games way more than I
OW

Becauae FFA is fun

Almost everything else is garbage though.

Mercy. I was never into shooters before Overwatch but Mercy’s playstyle reminds me of healing in WoW (which I use to love for years).

The game play pulled me in and the friends I’ve made keep my coming back.

Also, it’s the steady release of heroes, maps, events and content that keep me here. I like seeing how the game evolves as the new heroes are released and the meta/players adapt. A lot of people don’t like that because they don’t like falling behind when they’re not here to play, and that’s understandable. But it’s the thing that keeps me here… it’s just fun.

Plus I’m slowly improving (just placed about 100sr shy of platinum after winning -all- of my placement matches, damn that felt good).

I’m still thoroughly enjoying this game.

I still enjoy it because of one reason

i dont play competitive

I play allot of arcade and qp when i have spare time and i happen to play other games aswell, only playing overwatch longer if there is an event for grinding lootbox.

I noticed people who created goodbye overwatch thread/post are the ones who play comp and got frustrated about the meta and SR etc.

Eating too much of the same food will make you grow sick of it!

I’ve been burnt out.

It’s a fun game to goof off on, but after getting defeat three times in a row because of a lucky Hanzo arrow or something I just get flustered.

I turn off voice and text chat then imagine everyone else playing are incredibly human-like AI.

Lots of fun if I just pretend it’s a single player game.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s really good.

The hero balance may not be perfect, but really it’s pretty good outside a couple of really broken exceptions. Most games are fun except when your team is all terrible, but that’s not that common. Really, other multiplayer games have drastically worse and more common issues.

If you play with a six stack and use LFG for organized quickplay and find chill people its actually really fun imo.

Maybe presumptuous but I think a lot of the frustrations come from people thinking this is a traditional FPS. If you treat it like a moba it feels and plays a lot better. Game is actually very balanced at the moment id say.

When playing with a five or six stack, it is fun. But when playing with mostly random people? I’d rather close my genitals in a car door.

Meh, I’ve never enjoyed it.

It’s my favourite game out-here: Its is a FPS, it requires strategy/theorycrafting/skill, there’s competitive and overall it is well designed has endearing heros and some lore with it.

It can grow frustrating when I play too muc, but it only takes 2 days playing other games to get me back to wanting to play OW even more

o_O

17 characters re

I took a huge break, but I guess I came back in the hopes the devs had got their act together and strived for some balance.
Now I have given up, I play comp like it’s QP and just do what I want these days. If they don’t care that it’s an unbalanced, un-engaging mess, i’ll play it like one.

It’s fairly bearable if you just don’t give a damn about winning or losing. Great model for a competitive FPS.

I love the characters. That’s what brought me in to begin with. Never played Blizzard games before.

This one is easy…overwatch is fun because I make sure that I play for fun…I Stopped playing competitive about a year ago and for the most part only play mystery heroes (some quick play)…

My reasoning was simple…,.whenever I played comp it was not to have fun…it was to rank/win/be competitive/etc…as a result I would get angry (as well as teammates) and generally speaking I wouldn’t enjoy the experience if things didn’t go my way

Now if I’m playing it’s because I just want to have fun…and I do…like I said mostly arcade…MH is just for fun honestly … no one is ever going to be toxic as it’s not people are doing stuff on purpose there…wins and losses are an afterthought really…it has its flaws (cough hero stacking cough) but generally speaking I’m always having fun

QP and COMP (the few times I do play them) I ensure that I only play with friends that I know aren’t going to get ticked off if we lose a few

I should also throw in that without a main…the balance changes mean next to nothing…they just become how I play the game whenever I play those characters…like there is next to nothing in this game that will actually make me mad now…

1 Like

I just love the gameplay. Longevity comes from all the different characters I wanna practice and be able to play all at a similar level.

My fav gametype is ffa, ever since that gametype came out my time on ow tripled. It never get’s old for me. Blizz seriously underestimate how much more populated this game would be with more permanent alternatives to comp/quickplay.

Why not? I just like the playstyle. Bad experiences happen in all games so it’s not like a different game would have a better community and developers. I take it for what it is. If I get tired or angry I can always just leave if I want to.

Getting better and climbing is why I still play. I mean, I wouldn’t play the game if I didn’t enjoy it.

1 Like