For the "Sym is OP now" crowd

It’s funny that the characters who everyone feels are OP now have to be on top of you to be a threat. Reaper, Mei, Doomfist, and now Sym are all characters who couldn’t get in-close (DF is a bit more of special case) for god knows how long and were seen as throw picks.

Now the characters, thanks to dual shields, can do it and people hate it. Each of them still get thrashed by mid-to-far range enemies once barriers are down or have decent LoS. People need to relearn this stuff. I think players have gotten sloppy.

1 Like

People get annoyed with Sym because she is purely annoying to play against. She isn’t op and she isn’t going to ruin your games. People don’t like getting slowed every 2 seconds by turrets and being beamed down by a very easy to aim laser. It’s a matter of being annoyed to high hell and it being tiring to play against.

It’s the same common reason we always cry about a meta, because it’s just not fun, whether the meta is just purely op or not, it is most always boring or annoying.

Blizzard is nerfing Sym because she’s insanely annoying to play against no matter what rework they do to her, she’s just one of those heroes. Asking for another rework would be insane because of previous reworks and to top it off Sym mains would just be mad again, which is understandable.

I personally play some characters that people don’t typically like and or make fun of, and they don’t really get many buffs either, usually just nerfs. It’s just part of the overwatch experience, best thing to do is find ways of enjoying that hero the way they are.

Blizzard works in a way that most people don’t typically like but, they go by what’s the most cried about thing in the game at any given time and they change that thing. There’s simply more outcry from more facets of the community against Sym rather than for Sym. Personally I do realize there’s problems with the outcry and what’s basically witch-hunts against some heroes, but it’s the best they can do with what data they have coupled in.

Side note, try not to discredit people or their arguments over not liking the character. It hurts the argument a little, even if there’s a somewhat sizable group of people that don’t like the heroes themselves and choose to call for nerfs accordingly.

Well the whiners win and I eat my magician’s hat.

Delete this thread.

3 Likes

That is how the overwatch community/balancing works. Hope you don’t see me as someone just trying to trash Sym. Sorry if it came off that way

I’m sorry but how exactly is her beam easier to aim than Tracer, Sombra, Soldier, etc? Last time I checked, aim is aim.

If these nerfs go through, they should add Symmetra a passive for damaging shields. Make her ammunition go beyond the maximum capacity when charging/breaking barriers, they should also lower her reload time at level 2 and level 3 beams as well (40% / 60% faster respectively).
DPS level 3 should be adjusted to 185, level 2 the same, and level 1 should be increased to 70.

Symmetra not being fun to play against should not AFFECT her balancing decisions by any means.

She needs numbers and consistency. She needs to deal damage like everyone else does and her power shouldn’t be focused only on the turrets which are so EASILY counterable.

On a non-related note… Soldier needs buffs as well.

By that logic aiming a shotgun is the equivalent to aiming a revolver etc…

Sym’s laser literally gets far bigger with if you shoot a shield or enemy player with it, it is meant to be easier to aim than most weapons because it compensates for her lack of consistent damage over a long range. That’s why Road and Reaper have easier to aim weapons because they’re close range.

I pointed out in my post that the hero isn’t op or going to ruin any games. I feel like you’re very much nitpicking here lol

For some reason, this comment made me sad, especially :

:sob::sob::cry::cry:

I’m not trying to say that it’s the correct thing to do, but because Blizzard changes what the most cried about thing is at any given time, that’s just how things typically fall down to. Fun factor. It sucks and most everyone has been burned by it. I don’t typically agree with it either.

1 Like

I’m not saying that Sym was OP and needed a nerf, but looking at raw DPS numbers doesn’t say anything. With how much damage mitigation is in the game, you need to look at way more than just this.

Syms beam has no spread and rarely needs to reload.

They always win…just like in reality. However thankfully not every gaming company or common sense people fall for that act.

1 Like

I know, I wasn’t really replying to your statement. You’re right, I just wish that Blizzard would fix the hero already.

Just, in defense of the devs here since I have been kinda trashing them. Symmetra is kind of a nightmare to balance in a way that pleases a lot of people. It’s like that with a few other heroes as well, namely Torb and Bastion.

I see, my bad then. Just wanted to make sure I cleared up any misunderstanding just in case. It might help clear up my point a little more on the bright side lol x-x

So much for the validity of this thread dispute. PTR Nerf’s released, discussion resolved.

This does not sound right, where you getting these numbers?

How much is it including her 3 sentries?

they also kill 200hp heroes in about 1s too unlike sym who needs about 2