For the people wanting VT compensations

All that needs to be said: The situation is black and white. The items were announced to be available later on. If you missed the print then it’s on you. If you still feel entitled please consider not being an -

i mean it more as, it wasn’t clear that it will take one of the limited event slots.
Which I’m glad as this means the skin will become legacy after halloween.

Its more from a i can’t attend perspective, as there’s nothing to get from week 3 if you already have it.

I’m happy that other people can now use the skin I’ve had a year’s worth of early access to while also avoiding all the stress every time there has been a thread about “will it come back? where is it?”

2 Likes

Wasn’t trying to be sarcastic.

Blizzard literally stated it on the VT website BEFORE you even bought the ticket. They also stated it would be available to everyone in 2019 ON THE STAGE.

1 Like

I mean that’s cool and all, but if we’re being fair, that doesn’t really compensate anything. We were all gonna get a spray and icon for the 3rd and 6th wins regardless. The 9th win is what people want compensation for, and that’s still nothing.

Meanwhile non-VT holders didnt have the skin for a whole year, versus you won’t have a week 3 reward that’s basically just 1 week.

We felt empty for 1 year, you for 1 week. People expected it to be in the base Halloween boxes. Guess what, it’S even better for VT-holders. That means Demon Hunter Sombra is an exclusive to only VT-2018/Week 3 HT 2019.

Next year at Anniversary and at HT 2020, nobody will ever be able to unlock it. So it’s still an exclusive, the difference being you guys had a 1-year window exclusivity and non-VT didn’t. Besides, isn’t the first 2 rewards out of the 3 not unlocked even (icon+sprays), pretty sure that was not part of VT-2018. So in theory, you still get 2 rewards.

FBI OPEN UP

gets teeth bashed in with battering ram

This whole thread boils down to “ I am upset because Jeff Kaplan did not come to my home, bonk me on the head, and read me the fine print and show menthe announcements in person.”

2 Likes

Important reminder that Wyoming is just another player like the rest of us. His MVP title doesn’t really mean a whole lot beyond the fact that he’s particularly helpful with tech support. Pretty much all info he gets is still public information, which we all have equal access to. He’s just also really good at tracking the stuff down and relaying it to the rest of us plebs, precisely for cases like this.

5 Likes

LOL People on here can barley read a few paragraphs, let alone a few sentences.

Maybe “people should learn how to read” is moreso the thing here.

Imagine thinking it’s bad communications, when they were honest about the skin since day one.

2 Likes

A fool and his money are soon parted.
-Fred Sanford

1 Like

To be fair people paying for a virtual ticket on an essentially ad convention should pay for their mistakes and activision-blizzard is doing their best to make them miserable.

Blizzard? Or did i misunderstand?

It’s just my damn luck :((

This happened to me with the Lucio’s Dance Party emote as well…

6 Likes

I’m not gonna lie - even without the fine print, I strongly question the sanity of anyone willing to pay $50 for a skin.

1 Like

People have been questioning the sanity of a lot of Blizzard customers for years. I know, I’ve been a customer for 25 years. Difference is, I don’t indiscriminately toss money at them.

Never bought a single lootbox in Overwatch. Only heroes I bought with real money in HoTS were via a Black Friday sale a couple years ago where I got them for pennies on the dollar. Other than that: in-game gold only. Haven’t bought packs in Hearthstone with money. Do the daily quest each day, have enough for around 60 free packs each expansion’s launch, plus whatever free ones they give away through activities. And nowadays, buy the associated Solo Adventure for another 15 expansion packs as you play it.

I also haven’t bought a Virtual Ticket in several years. I can get all the announcements in real time across the internet. And since I don’t give a damn about esports, there’s no reason to pay $50 to see the convention.

They do get me on the occasional WoW sub, but that’s about it.

2 Likes

It was pretty much advertised as a ‘timed exclusive’

You’d get the virtual ticket, get to see all the Blizcon stuff and get a few in game goodies earlier then everyone else.

So you didn’t not pay $50 for just 1 skin. If you did, then you neglected the other reasons to get a virtual ticket and didn’t read into what you are buying.

This year there won’t be a timed exclusive. It’ll be all Blizcon exclusive, just like Winston and Bastion’s epic skins.

That part could have been handled better imo. Instead of vaguely saying ‘2019’ even drop it’d be out in Halloween as something. Even announcing that during Anniversary so people don’t question if they’ll hold their word till the end of the year.

Even if they where unsure if it’d be purchasable or a weekly challenge, it’d be something.

1 Like