For the next AMA, Will there be any kind prior notification?

There’s literally a dev update announcing an announcement for a livestream and an AMA. Then the livestream also announced the AMA.

I followed their Twitter and they only have mentions of the anniversary event and things that were recently revealed on their live stream. I just looked at it again and see no mention at all of any kind of AMA.

Was this at the end as a closing statement or something?

It was literally the main topic of the dev update.

2 Likes

Wtf?!
Im subscribed to Overwatch on YouTube and this never showed up!

YouTube has issues, I don’t trust it anymore. Twitter’s better at notifying, or even dexerto for spamming literally 10 times the same thing without anything to say.

It was like everywhere with any content creators on yt also.

They were very specific about dates in the dev update…the overwatch Twitter had dates up way in advance as well…we discussed it quite frequently on here as well…the OW content creators all talked about it

Like unless your OW experience is restricted entirely to the game itself i feel like people should’ve known when they were happening

(I’m not sure but I’m going to assume the dev update was on the launcher as well)

1 Like

I went back and* triple checked* Twitter. Ctrl+f on their page, and “Reddit” “AMA” and “Ask me Anything” turned up nothing.

I follow a lot of content creators on YouTube and none of them mentioned the AMA.

I am on the forums here talking fairly regularly.

Very first time I heard about it was 3 hours after it ended. Literally, not figuratively.

I just skimmed quickly and found two posts on their Twitter about the AMA. One just as it started, the other a few days before it was set to happen. I know Twitter’s algorithm is whack, but I have notifications turned on for them and I knew about the AMA days in advance :woman_shrugging:t2:

What?
I can’t find a single thing talking about it.
Can’t you link the tweet?

I’m not sure if I can so hopefully this works.

Styolsa mentioned it, YourOverwatch mentioned it, it was on the Dev update… I don’t use twitter but I heard that it was on there in some form. They followed normal proceedure for sharing this. It’s not like they were trying to hide it.

No joke, this was better advertised than the entirety of Tier-B eSports Contenders.

1 Like

I don’t really watch stylosa but I watch “Your Overwatch”, The official YouTube account for Overwatch and their Twitter and there was nothing, at the time*

Again the very very first time I heard anyone mention it was 3 hours after it was over*.

Idk if you have discord or reddit, but even on both they were announced very visibly on as a PSA.

You only get that if you are invited to the Private AMA.

man, what can we tell you then? bad luck you didn’t get notifications? distraction on reading the time? maybe you haven’t read the time zone?

• in any case, if you cared so much, they also remembered it at the end of the live on May 20th. and with a specific time.
  • if you wanted to check on reddit, there was a featured post on the AMA and its schedules since May 20th. very visible blue posts with blizzard tags.
  • wyomingMyst (green moderator) has repeatedly written in the forum about the arrival of the live with many posts in which he was preparing to write.
  • you had many ways to go and find what you were interested in, if you had any questions ready to ask. for this reason they announced the event with a youtube video. as well as many influencers have always says that it would happen on May 24th.

if you have a doctor’s appointment, do you only check on the that day at what hour he can receives you? I suppose not. so enough, you did not check where it was (forgive me if I tell you) obvious enough where you could inform yourself properly. :grimacing:

I don’t want to sound rude at all :no_mouth:. but it’s happened by now I hope you have had the answers you wanted among the questions already asked and that you are more careful where to look if you cared a lot.

I don’t follow them on discord. I’m on the Overwatch reddit, but things get buried so quickly. I didn’t see it on there but I’ve seen 7 plays of the game from yesterday.

I’m sorry but … they’re just excuses. a very obvious post always appears as the first notification on reddit, and for almost 4 days it announced times and procedures of the AMA.

connecting directly on the 24th without knowing the hour is not the same as not having been warned, forgive me if I let you note it :man_shrugging: you were unlucky, distracted and not very foresighted: Patience.

anyway, did you at least get the answer you wanted? You can find all on this topic: May 24th Reddit AMA - All developer responses here!

They announced it multiple times, on YouTube in the quick dev update and the livestream, and multiple times on twitter, all specifying start times and dates. Unfortunate that you missed it but chances are your question wouldn’t have been answered anyway, they didn’t get to every one.