For the love of god NERF BASTION ALREADY

I am sick and tired of every game the same thing. Dudes just bunker around bastion, orisa, baptise bs where they try their very hardest to keep bastion alive and he shreds through our team. There is no freaking counterplay. We had both a roadhog and sombra on our team and it doesnt make a difference. We make it past shields here comes the immortality field its cancer. I dont wanna hear “He IsNt EvEn ThAt Op” i swear to god i want you to play my games. Its so hard to get to this guy. Shields might as well not exist cuz he blows through them. If you wanna make him a shield buster FINE make him do additional damage to shields not every single person in his line of sight.

Why is this guy STILL TO THIS DAY able to single handely kill everyone. How do we go from stopping them at checkpoint 2 on defense to overtime all game long on attack. We werent staggered, we had shield, we had his “counters” we got the hacks we got the emp we got the hooks i shouldnt have to play this hard for a single game we were kicking butt on until he switched.

4 Likes

Bastion needs a minor rework not a nerf. I’m Biased in this idea, But I firmly believe that his transformation speeds to be cut in half (aka he transforms WAY faster) and in exchange there’s a fuel gauge on his Sentry Form (like Dva’s DM gauge) that allows him Up To 6 seconds of that form before being fully depleted and he is forced back into Recon form.

Like i said I’m biased in this idea but id just as soon settle for a nerf too tbh.

2 Likes

The problem isn’t Bastion itself, but rather Bastion makes it easy for the team to work around something, so you easily have at least 3 players playing as a team (typically Bastion, a tank and a healer. For that you need to also have teamwork instead of expecting 6 people going 1v3+ to work.

He’s not. Without his team defending him Bastion can do little.

Some ideas: Get a Sombra to hack him, the team attack as soon as the hack is on. Get a bunch of shield breakers. Get Moira and/or Hanzo to ult him and force him out (remember to bait the Immortality Field in case of Baptiste). Get a lot of shield breakers. Get a Mei to put a wall under him so he gets out of the shield.
All these strategies have the same “flaw”: If your team doesn’t work together to fight a team that’s fighting together, it won’t work.

2 Likes

I really dont think this fixes anything tbh, think about it. 6 seconds is a long time in a fight. And they cant do it to where he can get pulled and pinned or whatever cuz then he just becomes useless and no one will play him. He needs a nerf, not just a tone down in damage he needs an adaptive nerf where shields take as much damage as he does now. And heros take less damage like maybe a 25%-75% cut of what he deals now. He doesnt need to do that much damage, for what? Like tell me other heroes who do that much have risks. They have to be up close, or their fire rate isnt that fast. His “risk” is being stationary. Thats not even a big deal as most of the time he can just transform and walk away.

Bastion is fine, if a little boring to play. there are only a handful of maps where he really has a lock down on thing potentially. its the players in your sr to be honest.

I do smurf to play with friends occasionally and generally at your rank people just throw themselves at bastion. I think it’s mostly people sit and wait for something to happen and after like 5 secs of waiting they panic about feeling like they are getting no value in the game and try and do it solo. it takes about the same coordination to kill a bastion bunker as it does to run the bunker in all honesty, people just don’t know how to take space passively so they all can attack at once in plat and below.

boops are the nemisis of bunker displace bastions team and he’s not very strong.

I have never ever said this to any idea about bastion before as i think hes quite balanced just boring, but this is a very interesting idea at least.

3 Likes

No i KNOW what you are talking about. This isnt just some throwing ourselves at him. Like i said we had a roadhog and sombra. The sombra was getting hacks off but between orisa shield and baptise immortality he could essentially wait it out. If he did manage to die mercy would just rez him. The dude was almost immortal. This was all on hollywood. Their set up was bastion by the door that opens when you get objective A orisa shield and their team huddled in a corner. Then tank up on the ledge with a soldier so we couldnt flank around or anything as we would take fire no matter where we went. If that wasnt bad enough yes he played bastion the whole game and yes we almost won but getting to that last point he just sat again same thing as before. He got his ult like about 5 times in that one round

P.s about the hog hook, orias would fortify and body block. This was some really good coordinated play for real, but dude bastion is way too powerful. I cant be bothered to listen to these so called “high elo” players when owl they play bastion too. If he was honestly that weak you wouldnt see play on him.

right cuz your fighting head on. what a lot of high ranked teams would do is rotate right somehow. what sucks about your rank is generally people move to slow when trying to rotate to other positions and die as a result. the list of heros who can move around the map in interesting ways that the enemy rarely sees or is able to react to is like half the cast.

nerfing bastion would make sure good bastion mains could never support their gameplay in even masters, so I wouldn’t recommend it

The problem is it takes a ton more coordination to beat a bastion comp then it does to play a bastion comp

1 Like

Yeah exactly, not to mention if you tuck a bastion away in a really good spot. Like on paris? Jesus christ you have to spend an ult sometimes just to kill this dude.

How, still to this day, not notice where he is?

What are you talking about? Lol we knew where he was we just couldnt get to him. What are you trying to say here?

Sure.

That’s not what you said in the post, but sure.

Bastion is not the problem. Shields are the problem. To play bastion your entire team needs to cater to you. Everything and everyone is a counter to bastion. Sigma rock, road hogs hook, Anas sleep dart, Hanzo can easily Destiny a bastion, reaper can two shot bastion on a flank. Junk rat can easily two shot bastion on a flank. Sombra is a huge counter, genji as well, there’s literally so much stuff that counters him, and he’s a sitting duck, if your shields go down a mercy can easily spam fire and widdle him down if he’s occupied. You literally don’t need to aim to kill the dude.

So no, bastion is not the problem. He needs a rework and buff if anything. Probably the hardest character to climb if you main him. Because of all his counters. He doesn’t work on control maps. At all. I find that in this meta he shines on Attack more then DEFENCE, because on defense he’s a sitting duck usually in one spot easy to target

You don’t realize that if he’s being focused by the time he transforms to get out of line of site he’s dead. He’s honestly the most non viable hero’s around.m unless your entire team caters to him. Play bastion and see how hard he is to play.

You want to kill him so bad, junk rat. Flank, tire, dead. Lol it’s not that hard to kill him😂

There is counter play. Its called team work.

Just play mei, lift him up and kill him, done. Or flank behind him and headshot him. Its not that hard in your elo.

Bastion sucks because Sig/Orisa double shield to protect him along with Baptist’s invincibility field in case that fails.

I also didnt say we didnt know where he was, i did however say in a post replying to someone i knew where he was. We just couldnt do anything about it.[quote=“McFiddler-11633, post:14, topic:417398, full:true”]
Bastion is not the problem. Shields are the problem. To play bastion your entire team needs to cater to you. Everything and everyone is a counter to bastion. Sigma rock, road hogs hook, Anas sleep dart, Hanzo can easily Destiny a bastion, reaper can two shot bastion on a flank. Junk rat can easily two shot bastion on a flank. Sombra is a huge counter, genji as well, there’s literally so much stuff that counters him, and he’s a sitting duck, if your shields go down a mercy can easily spam fire and widdle him down if he’s occupied. You literally don’t need to aim to kill the dude.

So no, bastion is not the problem. He needs a rework and buff if anything. Probably the hardest character to climb if you main him. Because of all his counters. He doesn’t work on control maps. At all. I find that in this meta he shines on Attack more then DEFENCE, because on defense he’s a sitting duck usually in one spot easy to target
[/quote]

The same can be said for anyone, sombra is useless if team doesnt work with her and focus down targets, yet she still sees play. Honestly everyone can be useless if team doesnt work with them. The issue isnt solo bastion its bastion with his team playing around him. If left alone bastion can easily 100-0 someone. Thats also implying you CAN flank him alot of the times bastion players sit in a corner and only need a 90° field of vision essentially able to spot out anyone coming their way.[quote=“McFiddler-11633, post:15, topic:417398, full:true”]
You don’t realize that if he’s being focused by the time he transforms to get out of line of site he’s dead. He’s honestly the most non viable hero’s around.m unless your entire team caters to him. Play bastion and see how hard he is to play.

You want to kill him so bad, junk rat. Flank, tire, dead. Lol it’s not that hard to kill him😂
[/quote]

I did play bastion though, ik what im saying. I played bastion when i first started playing this game and he was one of the heroes i found the most easy to pick up and play. But at the time i was low elo and people didnt really do that catering playstyle plus it was really boring. Maybe higher up people dont care about their bastion players but in my elo they do this.

Well that would be great, if i was playing DPS when this happens. Which is an issue with 2-2-2 unless someone switches to do this then im pretty much screwed. Tanks and supports are at the mercy of the DPS. I play ana and sleep dart him. But thats all i can do if my tram doesnt focus.

Bastion is legit fine.

1 Like

Sorry but this is nonsense. Evry role can affect outcome of match, its not just dps. I Often have more kills and dmg as tank. If your team mates are worse than you, you have to compensate for them in your role and carry.

the enemy bastion need to nerf