For qp tryhards

Why do you tryhard there and act if qp is comp and blame people who played poorly for the mistakes they did when they are trying to learn a new hero? I am genuinly confused if u wanna tryhard play comp reason it was made trust me.

EDIT: I AM NOT A QP TROLL WHO DOEST WANNA WIN I WANT TO WIN BUT ALSO HAVE FUN IN QP ME PLAYING A CERTAIN HERO TO PRACTICE FOR EXAMPLE

31 Likes

They ironically dont want to be in a toxic environment

Also

They ironically dont want to play a certain meta themselves but complain about people choosing hanzo and widow and stuff like that

18 Likes

When did QP become the training ground? If you want to test a new hero or just run around and frag, there’s arcade for that.

Ironic that you direct people who tryhard to competitive, when the mode you should be playing for testing new heroes is arcade.

35 Likes

my favourite thing to see is when a whole team picks dps and they rage quit at start lol like i dont get it

6 Likes

Because if they perform a certain way in QP, they might perform the same way in a competitive game.

And because competitive is flaming and toxic anyway…step in comp and you might as well take a vacation from the game…

I will also echo other sentiments that Arcade or Versus AI is for learning new heroes…QP is putting your strategies to the test, and comp is for if you want a vacation from the game…

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
https://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct

5 Likes

Because a lot of people don’t play Competitive and only QP and for them, QP is their “Competitive” where they’re trying hard to win, so they get irritated when not everyone shares their sentiment about it.

I’ve always said - Competitive is where you should prioritize winning over having fun; Quick Play is where you should prioritize having fun over winning. But sadly a lot of people don’t understand this and you see both people trying hard in QP and people who just mess around having fun in Competitive.

Either way is bad because those people are in the wrong game mode.

15 Likes

But arcade isnt as close to comp as quickplay. What are we gonna pick…mayhem? Mystery heroes?

10 Likes

if i wanna play a new tank in a semi normal team mode i dont want to play in aracde

2 Likes

You can learn a new hero while also building a coherent team comp and trying to win. Just picking whatever despite what the rest of your team is doing makes the game worse for five other people. That’s why people don’t like it, not because they’re “tryhards”.

12 Likes

how is qp is for putting strategies to the test it is called QUICKPLAY as in a quick nice match where u pick whatever you want

1. there is very little difference between quick play and competitive, comp has shiny art, has SR and removes the loading screen between switching sides. Besides that there are no special rules that make it especially competitive.

2. you can play the heroes you want but if you are playing gengi into winston moira and briggette we expect you to switch much you would in comp.

3. we ask to try because complacency breeds, being lazy in qp makes you more likely to be complacent in comp you may not think it but it does and will happen.

thats just my take, whats the point in playing if arent going to try and win after all, sure practice heros but dont practice them into very clearly unfavorable situations.

people get mad because the common sense they develope in comp suddenly goes out the window and they act like gold because it qp bruh

12 Likes

Its only toxic in lower ranks because everyone blames each other for their mistakes, where the real men in higher ranks know that they need to improve and not to blame it on others :wink:

2 Likes

And you focused on one part and ignored the rest of the post…

Figures…

I might as well stop falling for these QP posts, cos they’re home to a massive amount of trolling/baiting almost every single post…

QP isn’t close to competitive though. It’s not even remotely close. Everyone run around on their own without a care about the objective of the map. It’s like practising for a football match by picking up the ball and run around with it. In the end you’re not prepared at all for a real match.

What team mode? There is no team mode in QP. Not any more.

1 Like

You cant learn a hero if said hero isnt part of a “complacent team”

What if i want to pick dps and everyone picked dps? Or a 3rd or 4th tank?

3 Likes

For all who want to learn new hero, just create a smurf who is called “I train Reinhardt cause i can’t play him in a Qp/Arcade environment”.

This. It’s not “practice” to play Genji into a team full of his counters. That’s soft throwing.

4 Likes

But the people who don’t want people to tryhard in QP ironically tell people with alt accounts to just practice heroes that they’re not good with in QP on their main account. :thinking:

1 Like

I would say it was the other way around,

Arcade is for having fun and not taking this seriously.

Quick play still has normal rules.

1 Like

So if quickplay isnt close to competitive you want people to go into an even less competitive like scenario to practice? I dont understand

3 Likes