For Once it didn't go live

Lucio’s speed reduction. Beat you to it by a couple of months.

so 2 stupid things get stopped in several monthes while the game goes down the toilet for the past year. GG

Bastion? Combat mercy? They were all changed in ptr.

It isn’t all that unusual for things to get more than one balance run.

Maybe because they playtest it before releasing to PTR. They usually don’t make huge changes without considering player feedback, but sometimes players are stuck in their ways and won’t be happy with anything besides their original hero (cough cough mercy).

2 Likes

Talking about the original Mercy 2.0 long before it was finalized,. And the Hanzo buffs that made hanzo so OP that he became so prevelant he got 1 other hero nerfed and 1 with a power shift borderline nerf.
Oh or what about the BAstion meta. That was a thing that was let through.

A crap ton of awful things have made it through the PTR that shouldn’t have and so much of it without considering ANY feeedback. So I’m just voicing my approval to blizzard and teling them this is good, please continu this trend with other heroes as opposed to going back to their stubborn ways.

There you go.

Insert Robert Downey Jr. Eye-roll Gif

Do we have to bait EVERY THREAD into being about Mercy? I’m getting so burnt out on it.

3 Likes

I guess everyone really did forget that Lucio mains successfully fought for the wall ride and got several bugs patched and speed nerfs reverted before he hit live.

It’s okay though. We don’t need the glory. Being a fast boi is enough reward.

1 Like

If im not mistaken, it was around this time of year that thing with Lucio’s wallride happenend. So happy anniversary to wall ride boi.

Wasn’t that like somewhere between several monthes to a year ago, with al sorts of random crap that shoulnd’t have been allowed through betwen it? My point still stands it seems Lucio is just among the characters treated with care.

It was awhile ago, but the point is that this isn’t the first time that PTR updates were changed or reverted. Lucio mains fought hard to get that first iteration of infinite wall ride up to scratch, and indeed people seemed surprised that the Lucio community wasn’t rolling over about it since we’re stereotyped as chill.

I just figured it’d be a more memorable example of the devs listening to PTR feedback. But c’est la vie.

I want my cool robot friend back!

1 Like

Not the first, but certainly a rare ocurance compared to when non sense gets through.

don’t forget about roadhog being pushed to live even tho he would have been an unpicked hero. and bastion being pushed to live as an op unkillable monster. and dva being pushed to live and not having a purpose…they do this a lot actually

1 Like

I agree, it is a shame that the entire Mercy rework wasn’t caught and stopped like these reaper changes. We said so many times to please not rework Mercy and please not to go through with these changes.

And yet they just went through with it.

I am genuinely happy reaper players don’t need to deal with the same level of pain and disappointment as us Mercy mains :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m only loving this because for once a bad change didn’t go live.

As for Reaper buffs… he’s a one-star difficulty hero, he doesn’t belong as a viable choice at higher ranks.

Because a hero who’s effective range is half that of even the 3 star Genji and only one mobility efect on a long cooldown has absolutely no nuance to his kit that could make the difference between a gold reaper and a GM reaper very apparent. No sir.

Anas gigantic healing nerf, Nanoboosted Valk

It’s almost as if our point out that they choose to ignore what players actually want has gotten to them lately.

It ain’t a bad thing, mind you.

Well if that’s the case then Bastion should be getting looked at once the shotgun heroes have been finalized. Then, a few minor number tweaks to a few of the lower end heroes like McCree and then I can’t think of anything else after that as long as nothing breask that should be higher priority then a Mercy rework.

So let’s get these changes through without complications s