Footsteps bugged?

I remember somebody mentioning a problem with the sound working properly for enemy footsteps months ago but I still feel like there’s a problem. The amount of times I’ve been snuck up on by McCree/Reaper recently, who both used to have really loud footsteps, is crazy high. I use good headphones, too, and I still don’t hear them.

Is this a known issue? Anyone else having this problem?

4 Likes

I’ve had this too recently, a roadhog AND a mccree were coming behind me and there was no footsteps AT ALL. I have great headphones, my sound is extremely high for this exact reason and still I hear nothing. I was also in a game where reaper tp behind me, I saw the tp but I figured it wasn’t near me because I couldn’t hear it at all. Which is really weird, yet he was behind me. It doesn’t happen all the time though, maybe it’s a bug?

6 Likes

It’s been a major problem for years, it’s cross platform, comes and goes, not just footsteps but also voicelines, sfx, ult lines, etc. Not clear Blizzard has or ever will do anything about it. Here’s a megathread on it, you can add your experience there:

3 Likes

reaper roadhog mccree and reinhardt all have footsteps that get bugged

sombra hack animation, doomfist punch charge, and i believe pharah hover are also bugged

ironically it’s the loudest and most dangerous noises that are experiencing this. I’ve been encountering this since around role q was implemented

This type of issue is really hard to pin down as a player as well because a lack of information is much harder to discern than when you actually get feedback. You’re literally lacking feedback in this case, so you could be missing things you don’t even know about, much less the issues that are more obviously present. It sucks.

1 Like

Now you say it yeah, I’ve been getting flanked my Mccree a lot and I use to hear the jingle jangle but I don’t anymore. I watch replays and a lot of the time they’re not even crouched.

Eeeyyup. Sound has been bugged forever.

Don’t mind if you get flanked by soundless enemies though, even jjonak has had this happen to him. It’s not your fault 100%.

1 Like

Footsteps and Reduce buffering bug has been in the game for a LONG time now. They should really fix them…

It’s been happening to me for months. It’s gotten to the point where I had to use subtitles. For example, I cant hear ults going off, rein charging, people behind me. It’s just something I’ve gotten used too but it’s still annoying

1 Like

A Doomfist oneshotted me and i only heard the sound when he is flying at you.

Basically he begun charging the punch inside a building but then sidestepped out of it and i think that’s what made it “bug”

If you crouch when walking you don’t make a sound, maybe they are doing this to sneak up on you.