Footsteps are still silent

i can only hear the ladies who wear high heels, such as Widow and Mercy lol
and maybe Rein because his armor jig.gles loudly when he walks

4 Likes

Simple fix. Make all the loud footsteps run on the wraith sound line. That SFX is always heard from behind.

Enemy roadhog is walking up behind the team
Audio engine: “YOU NEED TO BE LISTENING TO YOUR FRIENDLY MERCY’S HEELS CLACKING”

it’s wack :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

you can turn up sound effects to increase the foot step volume

The game has a ton of sound issues other than footsteps. It’d be nice to have them fixed but Blizzard usually takes the “It’s good enough, we’re moving on” approach to everything. It might be different with Overwatch 2 looming on the horizon, but I’m not holding my breath.

They need to fix Sombras’ ultimate voiceline. Half the time she won’t say it, other times she wont say her line when coming out of invis. No real reaction time allowed.

Ontop of changing Ashes’ dynamite cooldown, they need to tone down the r34 noises everyone makes when on fire. We get it, it burns but we don’t need screaming every 3 seconds lasting for 5.

Mccree, Reaper and Reinhardt have weird footstep issues. They’re relatively hard to hear even when walking normally.

4 Likes

Mostly plus-one’ing this.

I almost never hear enemy footsteps anymore (first noticed it about a year ago). Reaper can also teleport right on top of me and I hear nothing. A few other things I often have zero audio cue for:

• Tracer blinks, but, those do work sometimes (probably only hear these due to the frequency with which Tracers blink)
  • Pharah hovering/boosting

It is really frustrating, but, at least I can hear the friendly Mercy’s footsteps from across the map.

Yeah, I don’t get footsteps from the enemy a lot. The one that really ticks me off though is when Doomfist’s rocket punch sounds are cut off and don’t play.

2 Likes

Bump.

Game is broken and you can’t hear footsteps beyond all the audio clutter.

2 Likes

Characters have footsteps in this game?

Only the most threathening heroes have footsteps, like mercy. :’)

2 Likes

And that ability is literally balanced around sound queue too…ugh

Sudden silent dragons coming out of walls or even swimming on the ground right into you is also very fun.

4 Likes

Yeah, Widow is very loud.

1 Like

yall need to get a new headset, mccree’s footsteps are super loud

I assume the game has a certain amount of sound effects it can play at maximum, and footstep sounds are low priority, sucks a lot

They are, but it’s a long-standing issue that the SFX for them (and various other things) literally don’t play at all. Can’t hear it if the sound never gets played.

3 Likes

I dont notice this? i hear them just fine.

It seems like the number of sound channels was decreased at some point. This started about 8 months into OW, where ult queues wouldn’t play etc. and eventually footsteps.

1 Like

My Mercy’s and Widowmaker’s high heels are loud af. Much louder than enemy footsteps.

9 Likes

Enemy footsteps should be the highest priority barring perhaps ultimate voice lines.
if there is such a thing as too many sound effects, then get rid of the silly friendly footsteps first, or just entirely.
it serves no purpose, while enemy footsteps are crucial information.

4 Likes

There have been MANY threads in there about it, and none get much attention, if at all unless they’re crossposted here. People are only doing what they have to do to raise attention to the problem that’s existed in the game (and been ignored by blizz) for nearly FOUR YEARS.

1 Like