Footsteps are a fundamental part of every FPS

Watching old videos of OW you can tell the difference immediately,
Reinhardt sounds like his boots are made of lead and McCree can be heard all the way from China

Them trying to pass it off as a “Windows problem” is passing the buck, but most of all, it’s disgraceful and deceitful

12 Likes

This, I only hear the voice lines for like half of friendly ults. These are very important to hear, almost as important as the enemies.

1 Like

OW audio is pretty bad…

surround is even worse…

1 Like

A separate volume slider in the sound panel would be nice.

I will say though better headphones help considerably. I honestly never have a problem hearing anyone or anything with my current headset. As Mercy, I live or die based upon who I can hear around me.

1 Like

Please add a sliding sound when people are on roofs you’re not supposed to be on

11 Likes

This problem has been around literally for years, with documented videos and testimonials from other affected players:

I wouldn’t hold my breath. If Blizzard hasn’t done anything by now then they won’t ever, I love Overwatch but at this point have no faith that they’re ever going to do anything about this.

2 Likes

Easy fix turn off in game music, wear good headphones and i mever have an issue hear footprints, i just have the issue of people not listening to me calling out whos footprints i hear and where they are coming from

1 Like

They buffed reaper teleport a while ago and made it quieter.

Ya the audio is not right. Especially the ults. I can only hear half the ults. Some are late. And an ult right in front of me sounds like its a mile away. Other ults are louder but actually further. Weird

I can not confirm this.

Audio plays nice, and with Dolby Atmos it is one of the best positional audio in any game.

Actually even too good, for example if someone walks in Kings Row behind the point you hear almost exactly where he is, which should not be possible, because there is a wall between, and any sound you possible could hear from this person should come from the direction of the door, not the actual position of the hero relative to you.

Overall sound is good, position is exceptional, audio exclusion not so much.

1 Like

I have it on Xbox, so its not a windows problem

2 Likes

Some games no. BF games usually have so much stuff going on that hearing footsteps is really hard, even with a good headset.

Go to your sound settings and under ‘enhancements’ enable ‘loudness equalization’. It amplifies weak sounds and puts a cap on your audio volume. Basically makes things louder without blowing out your ears. It’s pretty bad for listening to music, but it makes footsteps louder.

I actually reacted to Symmetra by shooting where i thought i heard her while i was fighting Moira. She was actually overhead but that’s still pretty accurate.

We can actually hear Sombra cloaking in the next room and literally heard her coming (STEALTH HERO!!!)

I can hear everyone at the start as they pass below me one by one, including the Tracer running below me at 0:24, i escaped early at the next fight because i knew Tracer was waiting for me.

As a side note, Sombra was a lot more active back before she got the infinite stealth wasn’t she :stuck_out_tongue:

This one’s pretty cool tho

It’s basically two headphone users fighting :stuck_out_tongue:

your brain is literally huge :sob: blizz please listen

2 Likes

While we’re at it, Blizz needs to make 3 dimensional audio that takes your camera angle into account, a game with this much vertical mobility needs it.

I’m tired of hearing people through the floor on Petra.

I never have a problem hearing footsteps… But then again, I mainly solo and don’t use voice unless its a premade.

Perhaps don’t have voice chat so loud?

Reaper teleport was made silent with the tele change was it not?
I swear they said that in patch notes

I mean a recent windows update legitmately made it so some people cant physcially play the game.
the issue got fixed by restarting your pc after the update happened.

What I am trying to say is window literally breaks overwatch XD

Volume problems that need to be fixed.

• Reaper teleport (used to be too loud, sometimes doesn’t play at all)
  • Sombra uncloaking (Same as Reaper, it’s NOT playing her voice line at times)
  • Ashe Dynamite is blaring to the ears.
  • Footsteps like Mccree, Roadhog, etc get drowned out by other sounds.
  • Zenyatta floats, but surely his balls drag on the ground.

Acoustic location is almost impossible. The sounds are either not there, not loud enough or simply all over the place. SUCKS SUPER HARD. Git gud Blizz