Florida Mayhem vs. Vancouver Titans - NOW LIVE

achilio is scary without glasses

Ugh, I cannot stay awake…I’ll have to finish watching this match on Tuesday when they release the VOD…for now, good night and good news!

That seemed like a C9 by Florida there at the end.

After Map 2

-
-
-
-
-
-

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

i never actually saw the tweet from the titans saying they retooled their whole roster but was it literally everyone they released? slime bumper twilight all those guys? what was the reason for doing so?

Here is the Press Release:

1 Like

I hope this doesn’t discourage the Titans too much. They seem like strong players. They just need time to really be a team.

Also multiple of their players are on 200 ping.

That was brutal last map.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/sodapop_ow/status/1259633144116006912

Feels like nobody is doing well in these times – Valorant is currently a huge dumpster fire of cheaters despite boasting top tier anti-cheating technology which is actually quite invasive to your machine.

My hot take knowing nothing about hacking – maybe not boast that you have the best anti-cheat out there, because it feels like that is just going to motivate the actual hackers even more. :thinking:

1 Like

Final Score

-
-
Victory!
-
-

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

This new Titans roster might end up being OWL greatest storyline.

yo wyoming is there gonna be a thread for the hero pool reveals?

Building it right now.

Okay here is the Hero Pool Reveal thread

Well, then, I guess I am sticking with OWL to the end…and if it goes down, moving on to ESO full time.

EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! North America and Asia standings + analysis is now out!

First, we will discuss the North America region, starting with the standings:

*^1: Florida Mayhem 2-0 (+6)
*^2: San Francisco Shock 2-0 (+5)
*^3: Los Angeles Valiant 2-0 (+4)
*4: Philadelphia Fusion 2-0 (+3)
^5: Atlanta Reign 1-1 (+2)
^6: Dallas Fuel 1-1 (+1)
^6: Paris Eternal 1-1 (+1)
8: Los Angeles Gladiators 1-1 (+0)
9: Washington Justice 1-1 (-1)
10: Toronto Defiant 0-2 (-4)
11: Vancouver Titans 0-2 (-5)
%12: Houston Outlaws 0-2 (-6)
%12: Boston Uprising 0-2 (-6)

Analysis: Seeing the Florida Mayhem at the top of the May Tournament standings is by far heartwarming to see, after their Season 1 and Season 2 difficulties. It also means they control their own destiny heading into the final week of May Tournament qualifiers. All they have to do is win with any result and they’ll lock up a Top 3 spot, which will give them at least some control over what opponent they face.

Moving further down the list, it is unsurprising to see both the Shock and the Fusion are towards the top of the standings. They still have some control over their own destiny, simply requiring a win result in order to get a bye into the Quarterfinals, but in order to get more privileges (like some or all of the control of which opponent they’ll select), they’ll likely need to win with at least a 3-1 or hope the Florida Mayhem stumble.

Continuing to the bottom of the list, it is perhaps unsurprising to see that the Qualification match (which doesn’t count for prizing) is shaping up to be another Outlaws vs. Uprising monkey crud flingfest. It should be another popcorn-worthy match (for all the wrong reasons), and the Outlaws should win it barring a miracle from the Uprising. Of course, this is dependent on the Outlaws losing against the Titans next weekend, as well as the Uprising losing next weekend against the Gladiators. Given what we know, the latter should be a cinch to happen, but we’re not so sure about the former, given the Titans are still dealing with the fallout from them jettisoning their entire Grand Finals and replacing it with players who are unproven at best, and nobodies at worst.

And now, the Asia Region:

*1: Guangzhou Charge 3-0 (+7)
^2: Shanghai Dragons 2-1 (+3)
^3: London Spitfire 1-1 (+1)
4: Hangzhou Spark 1-1 (+0)
5: New York Excelsior 1-2 (-1)
6: Seoul Dynasty 1-2 (-5)
7: Chengdu Hunters 0-2 (-5)

Analysis: The Guangzhou Charge are in control of their own destiny, simply requiring a win result of any sort to lock up a bye into the Semifinals, and with it, at least 1 bonus win as a result of the May Tournament.

Moving further down the list, the Shanghai Dragons also have control their own destiny, simply requiring them to win to lock up at least a Top 3 spot, which based on results from Sunday’s matches would either give them the aforementioned bye into the Semis + free bonus win, or give them the right to have at least some, if not all, of the control in which opponent they face in the Quarterfinals.

Moving on down to the bottom of the list, it is perhaps surprising to see the NYXL on the outside looking in, and to see the Seoul Dynasty struggling as of late. As for the Chengdu Hunters, based on how they do next weekend, they might be the favorite target for whoever selects their opponent first in the quarterfinals.