Fixing the dps queue is ez

I know how to fix dps queue

i have an idea on how to reduce the dps queue , what if the new arcade comp was also on regular comp , not just arcade

So we would have two different ladder, one with role q and one without

So the people who love role queue and don’t mind longer queue would be happy and the people who want to be able to flex and have faster queue would be happy too

Btw splitting the queue would also probably reduce the queue for the rq ladder cuz less dps would play that mode and the queue would be faster

3 Likes

But by doing so you would create even longer queues.

There isnt anything “broken” about queues.

If we wanna “fix” queues let’s get more people to play the game, get more people to play something other than dps.

1 Like

Honestly I would like to see all of the competitive modes (ones that are played anyway) on the competitive tab. Let players have their options. I think it would go along way in fixing the comp experience. Ideally they would put them all in and do an mmr reset and let everyone settle again in the rank they need to be at for the comp modes they choose to play.

1 Like

But by doing so you would create even longer queues.

The queue in the rq ladder is long because for the dps because there is far more dps player than tank and healer

If you create another rank mode that would split the dps playerbase some of them would play in the rq ladder and some of them on the limitless ladder so the queue would be faster

Only way to fix DPS queue is by making Tank/Support just as appealing which they arent.

Tanks are trying to get a team of randos/babies to work together while supports are constantly trying to escape all the things that are straight out to get them. Compare that to the perceived independence of DPS classes :confused:

Bro this forum needs to not only stop cherry picking, but stop cherry picking and making weird replies thinking it counters the argument they’re trying to counter.

Like quit it

Only way to fix DPS queue is by making Tank/Support just as appealing which they arent.

No, people will always be more attracted by the dps role, keeping the rq will never fix the queue
Adding a new mode would fix it

Never ever gonna happen. And also yes there is something wrong with queues, they are hurting this game badly.

2 Likes

An mmr rest would cause chaos for months. As explained by Jeff.

And we cant have two different competivte modes, the game is built around competitive play. So what do they balance around, what do the OWL teams play? It would cause too much confusion and overall be pretty bad for both modes.

2 comp modes… I am talking more. All the comps that show up through the year is what I am saying make perm and put in comp tab. With so many comp modes being placed in the comp tab and people shifting to play the modes they want an mmr reset will have to be done as the competitive ladder would need to be rebuilt across all modes.

So it is clear it wouldn’t just be competitive and competitive open. It would be comp/comp open/comp dm/comp 3v3/and comp ctf (again modes would only be there if played) Yes it will divide the player pools, but players will play more competitively in a mode that they want to be competitive in.

Not really. As queues are bottlenecked by too many DPS, and not enough Tanks.

And OpenQueue can easily soak up 6-10 players who intended to play DPS when they jumped into OpenQueue.
Versus 4 with RoleQueue.

I would like this to be a thing.

1 Like

Yeah in a perfect world where only dps players are going to go to open queue matches but still have to wait lol

Even if it’s only 6 players per game who queued OpenQueue intending to play DPS (even if they end up filling on Tank or Healer)

That’s still a 50% improvement over 2-2-2.

1 Like