after a 4-5 month break I came back to Overwatch and noticed that my frames are lower than usual and also very unstable. I’m currently trying to bring my performance up to the standard I’m used to.
In the practice range I usually get a constant of 300 FPS and ingame it should be around 240 to 280 (depending on the map and situation ofcourse).
But lately in the practice range i barely get a stable FPS. It is fluctuating from 180 to 260 and ingame its even worse. Also my SIM value, which used to be around 3 to 4 is now going up to 14/15 and sometimes even 20.
Picture of SIM value in the practice range: i.imgur[dot]com/ vLTw1oR.jpg
Some general PC infos:
CPU: i7-6800k @ 4GHz
GPU: Asus Strix 1080Ti
RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X99 (1903 BIOS)
I already done all of the obvious troubleshooting and other stuff I’ve read:
- Updating Windows
- Deleted all Nvidia drivers via DDU and reinstalled the newest driver (430.64)
- Set all my graphic settings to low or off
- Set Nvidia energy management to maximum performance
- Set the Windows energy management to maximum performance
- Repaired Overwatch via the launcher
- Completely uninstalled Battlenet-Launcher and all Games and reinstalled everything on my main Drive
- Closed all programs that run in the backround (such as Discord, Steam, Telegram, Spotify, etc.)
- Disabled Fullscreen Optimization for the Overwatch.exe (which made it worse)
I would be very grateful if someone could help me as I have been trying to solve this problem for 5 days and havent found any solution yet.