Fix toxicity and queue times in one

Make Overwatch a true team based game. Let people actually form and name teams and engage in ladder play. Add a real score board. If solo queue you would go into a free agent pot and you can apply to fill roles within existing teams Or form your own and recruit others. I cannot for the life of me understand why Blizzard does not allow people to actually organize their play experience and refine their synergy with other people. Calling a group of different strangers every game a “team” is an insult to actual TEAMS. This system actively promotes toxicity.

And if you are shy, well, talking to other people is the only way to get over it.

3 Likes

You know that you can create your own “team”? Just find 5 other people of similar skill to play with.

and how does the system actively promote toxicity?

Because a team is more than 6 random people thrown together to achieve a one off objective. If you are constantly put into groups with strangers who have no connection or common goal other than to win for their self what do you think that causes?

I’m talking about permanent teams with actual members that compete in comp. And even you group up with 5 others now, the matchmaker punishes your organization and you can’t play comp .

1 Like

Oh is it now? You’re the only one who thinks this way btw.

Are you a therapist now eh? No. You literally cant know what other players are going through.

It’s never the eAsIest or oNly way to get over it. Specially when you’re with playing with randoms on the internet. And saying that makes you sound bit of a jerk atm.

Tell me. How can you get over talking to people without actually talking to people.

And I am literally not the only one that thinks that random stranger thrown together does not a team make.

1 Like

Tell me, are you a therapist & knowitall who knows what everyone’s going through or what they’ve experienced?

Your fix to toxicity is not going to fix anything cause this is a friiking internet mate.

If you want to move forward you have to forget the past. You must not allow it to be the filter through which you view the present. It is the only way. The only way to get over something that causes you anxiety is to face that thing. There may be techniques for easing people into accepting this fact but the fact still remains.

i’m sure this wont be abused…

Negative thinking. It is just words. You choose to let them affect your perception of things and mood.

no im not talking about the toxic way, im saying people are going to name their teams, something well inappropriate, and im sure blizzard is going to like this idea of giving people the ability to name their team tre-f-it

I’m a 1 man team. My team name is “The Onesie”. I even have my own uniform.

2 Likes

They do it for their accounts already. Same system in place to prevent, and report if they get around it.

An in game guild system where you could have regular teams, a challenge system, and mini tournaments would be spectacular. Don’t think it would combat toxicity as much as you think, but it would help.

Strangely enough, Blizzard doesn’t see such systems as a priority. Whether this is due to programming challenges or bigger issues, I couldn’t say.

If I had all this QoL, I would never use the match maker again QoL for the LFG