Fix the wait times

Earlier today, i joined comp que with 1 tank, 1 support, 1 damage players. It took 9 minutes…Fix your wait times. It makes 0 sense that your game cant find 1 of each role to pair up. Please, fix this nonsense. 1/3 of my time playing overwatch is waiting for a game…getting old quick.

2 Likes

9 mins is fine. Perfect time to make a coffee, go for a piss and chill out before the match.

You obviously don’t understand how matchmaking works. They can’t just “fix” it. They need less people to play damage ALL THE TIME. And they also would need to start pairing you with players higher or lower than your Sr. And if that happens you’d just cry about having bronze players and golds on your team as well as silvers. So neither of those things are gonna happen

1 Like

They’re not broken so nothing to fix.

Sure they can fix it because they broke it in the first place. We had practicaly instant games before role q. With implementation of role q queue times sky rocketed.

I have my own suggestion how to fix this issue, you can read about it here :slight_smile:
My suggestions for development team - role q issue

I am not saying its blizzard’s fault, its people who dont want to play tanks and suppprt too, but they obviously caused this by changing the system.

1 Like

It’s not broken, so nothing to fix.

Because too many players are queuing as damage only, hence long queue times for damage.

If you were in Gold you had pretty instant queues before Role Lock. Every other tier didn’t. Waiting has always been a thing even before they implemented 2-2-2, especially when stacking.

And they can’t fix something that isn’t broken. Too many people want to play DPS. The only way to fix that issue is for people to learn other roles to even it out. And as a disclaimer before there’s a million replies saying ‘WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO?’, I’m just literally stating a solution.

The queue times won’t drop until we have a balance between the tanks, dps, and supports, which can only be solved by the DPS’.

So are you saying everything is just fine and there is nothing to fix? Its fine to have 10 minutes on dps or 6 minutes on support long waiting time? And is it ok to select all roles and be placed as tank every single time 30x in row?

If you play DPS then you have to wait your turn like every other DPS, there’s nothing simpler to say to that.

And you don’t get the same every time by selecting all three roles, I’ve been doing this and it is surprising how many times you are given the DPS or healer role rather than tank.

I get that, but its honestly bad design of how role q works .

Yeah? Prove it? I did 22 games where i picked all 3 roles and was placed as tank every single time.

That’s not bad design, there are just more DPS than tanks and supports. This is why we used to have 4-5 auto locks with 1 support in matches pre 2-2-2 and those matches used to be garbage.

Like I said the queues won’t go down until people in DPS start learning how to play support and tank and it becomes a little more balanced, which is their choice if they want to or not, but if they don’t then waiting is necessary.

It does happen you’ve just gotten unlucky.

So you cant prove it ok. Even if you would get other role once per idk 10 games and i was extremely unlucky ,it is extremely low number. I know others who picked all roles and were never placed on support or dps in games. Tank all the time.

And yes it is clearly bad design, because a lot less games is created now in overall. Because so many people is waiting in queue. 222 was good decision but it wasnt really designed very well.

They implemented something without preparing other changes which are needed.

Tbh, not much changed for me when it comes to dps.
Diamond ques were ~4 minutes anyway. I also had to wait around the same time before que to not get matched with same bots again. More time for OSU, or some other stuff. Man, I got so much stuff done lately.

Anyway, You need 4 tanks for comp lobby.
If there’s only 4 Tank players ,8 support players and 16 DPs players,.
4 supports and 12 DPS players will have to wait. It’s not rocket science so it was easy to predict.

Forcing people to play tank won’t help (“Hey I picked Hog/Hamtaro, I’m doing my job”). Rewarding it too much is a “no go” too.
What else can you do ? Return to the regular RNG que? No thanks.
We could get an option to decide about ratios, like you can decide if you wanna que for 2/2/2 or mb 1/3/2 or 1/4/1, but most tank players will stick to the 2/2/2 format anyway, not fixing anything.

Queue times can be fixed easily. The only question is which method Blizzard prefers to go. This one is simple which is just an enhancement of the current system for example. But there are many more ways to shorten queue times for everybody.

Nothing in the post you linked would ‘fix’ wait times because the whole reason the queues are long is because DPS want to play only that role. Even with this stuff on offer they still wouldn’t switch so it’s basically redundant.

They want to play that role because nobody cares about 25 credits. Incentivization only works if you are offering something people want. This is the least aggressive method of fixing which is essentially positive reinforcement. The next step is combining positive with negative reinforcement.

Blizzard has the power to fix queue times. It is up to them what method they want to go with.

The que times were much better before. Now with this garbage role lock system I as a flex player bring a lot less to my team. Because i cant just change roles and help win the game, which because winning or losing determines all my sr i get screwed by. The new system is total trash in every way.

role times are long because of 2-2-2 Not an overflow of Dps. This 2-2-2 change destroyed looking for group, because it doesn’t even allow for flexible roles.

Overwatch took 3 steps backwards with this. If you can’t see that the issue here is much larger than just damage players you have literally 0 understanding about the entire function of the game.

If they allowed for unique comps with limitations that would fix the issue. For example have a series of team comps you’re okay with playing alongside.

For example: 4 dps 2 healers, 4 healers-1 tank-1 dps, 3 healers-3 dps and so on. If they allowed for us to approve what kind of teams we wouldn’t care about being put on, all of the sudden damage players could all play their role and be fine.

Someone just wants a 1 min que time. Okay check every box, will that mean that sometimes you get put on team with 6 damage players fine, everyone who would be there agreed to 6 damage dealers before they joined que. This is not complex there are 100s of options to choose from here, they chose the literal worst possible one.

Dependent on rank. Not honestly if you were in any other tier than Gold, there were always waits.

Not if you play the role you pick properly.

Changing roles wasn’t usually something that I saw really ‘help’ games back before role lock. It was instead usually the main tank or healer swapping to yet another DPS which would then just make the loss come quicker.

The same as it’s always been. If you don’t win you don’t get SR, that’s not you being screwed that’s just how comp works.

No. I’m pretty sure it’s too many DPS.

I think people aren’t giving the system enough time to iron out the kinks tbh.

The solution of: ‘comp but more DPS’ literally contradicts what you said above about the problem not being too many DPS. Also these compositions sound horrible btw.

Again, horrible. And contradictory.

It is complex and also not at the same time. The system is huge and will take time before it’s working perfectly and the game becomes more balanced, more PTR patches are on the way. But, at the same time, the sheer difference in the number of DPS to tanks and supports is causing the long queues, you can’t argue that.

Then force everyone to play all roles, matchmaker will decide which role you will get, trying to balance it so you play all roles equaly. If you chose prefered roles, you can get that role more often, but it will not be guaranteed. This will bring back shorter queue times for everyone.