Fix the sound already

Literally watched a Rein in replay sneak up on me as Widow, no sound… seen this crap with McCree repeatedly and even Doom… FIX IT… yes gaming headphones, 7,1 sound, good system .etc. Sound is BROKEN.

4 Likes

Hold in mind that replays are not completely accurate, well that’s at least what i think. Audio isn’t optimized for replays.

Secondly, is your Windows up to date? If so, try updating your Audio drivers.
If the issue still persists please move to #technical-support for further troubleshooting.

I’ve had a few people sneak up behind me recently in-game too, and confirmed that they were not crouching. I’ve checked over my audio setup and ensured that surround is working in my headphones. Humans aren’t infallible and so I could just be missing the sounds myself, but I seem to be missing footsteps in-game more than usual lately. It makes me wonder if something has changed.

Not replays, just in general too…

Can confirm happens to me all the time these days on win10 (up to date). Didnt have this problem on my old win7 PC. I’ve been play this game since day 1. Enemy footsteps used to be so obvious. Now I dont hear them at all, or if I do they aren’t really differentiated from my allies.

1 Like

From what I’ve read this isn’t a new issue. It’s just not being addressed I guess.

seen this crap with McCree repeatedly

The stranger speaks the truth, friends! If you see a lost-looking McCree from afar he may look harmless enough, but don’t approach him lightly – he flashbangs you and shoots you if you examine him too closely. Keep your distance and his bad influence falls short. But be gravely warned and don’t turn your back to blind corners! For he is dangerous despite his sorry visage, he is everywhere, and no-one can hear his ghostly approach.

Hold onto your precious life! He may be right behind you as you read these very words. Methinks he left his footsteps somewhere in the last patch and now he’s cursed, eternally wandering and looking for them on the wretched plains of FFA.

1 Like

I highly recommend switching to stereo and using the in-game Dolby Atmos setting instead of the headphones’ virtualized 7.1 surround. The Atmos spatial audio is much clearer in general, and I haven’t had the issues you’re describing in months (I did, back in the day). It’s a little annoying to have to switch surround off whenever you run Overwatch, but it’s worth it.

I use in game dolby btw, I should not have said 7.1, my mistake.

That was not purposely?
Oh my god the directional sound in the game is horrible if it’s not on purpose.
And for the record, I don’t have 7.1 Haming headphones, I have audiophile ones that are around 100 times better. So it is not a problem with headphones.
All of my friends having this too. Roadhog can just run behind and no sound will be queued.

It’s not a bug, it’s the intended way the game is programmed, see my response here for why it’s absolute dog :poop:

1 Like

OMFG… this explains it a lot…