Fix matchmaking ffs

THERES SHOULD NOT BE A 400 SR DIFFERENCE

im tired of tanks saying im better then you because their dps can actually press m1 please give me a balanced game a tank shouldnt be expected to hard carry morons

6 Likes

There will be a decent sr difference at tank just because nobody plays tank. The question is are you gonna complain and give up or are you gonna do your best and learn to get better as a player. Ive won games as a silver tank against plats its possible so stop blaming team mates and do your best

3 Likes

Agreed they need to stop this nonsense of putting 3-4 different ranks in the same game. It completely defeats the purpose of playing ranked in the first place.

Because you probably also had a master and 2 diamonds on your team. It doesn’t mean you belong in that game.

2 Likes

I personally love the Diamond player grouped up with the gold player :slight_smile: . Diamond and gold shouldn’t even be in the same game together sorry but they shouldn’t wether it’s a group or a solo. It’s makes 0 sense the skill gap is way to large. It’s especially not fair to the other Diamond players to be grouped with a gold player who will possibly drag them down.

4 Likes

It’s great when your match to break back into plat on tank you get a bronze Ana on your team whilst the other team has 2 plat supports, matchmaking has always been a colossal mess from the start.

I hope they do a full reset and bin this matchmaking algo for OW2 else OW2 is going to be dead on arrival.

3 Likes

Bigger player base will help.

Game almost dead on ps4. Getting massive sr differences in games. Could be groups to be fair.

Extra hilarious when enemy silver dps is better than your team’s plat dps. Or the “gold” tank player on your team picks Rein, charges in 1v6 at start of game and you lose the point almost immediately.

Whole sr system bit of a joke tbh.

1 Like

yeah sometimes teams can be scary on ps4. i’ve had many times where i’ve had a ball feed right away on defense and absolutely get destroyed.which then proceeds to snowfall my team. it’s a tough scene to watch

i’ve ran into multiple people through different days, sometimes in the same days. idk how small the player base is but i’m sure it’s small enough where i can encounter people numerous times

1 Like

Yeah.

Hadn’t played comp for 8 weeks. Went 1-4 both placements.
It’s only the hardcore players left in general.
I was plat support a year ago. Now struggling to win in low gold.

Looking back at my plat promotion video, looks like bronze gameplay is now.

But one thing that hasn’t changed is same crappy lack of teamwork and feeding and failure to reset after fights.

Think I’ll be waiting for ow2 before trying comp again. Just too much time needed to get good enough to compete anymore.

I don’t want to break it further down, but i don’t think ow2 will suddenly teach gold/plat how to play the game… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What I’m hoping for is some kind of clan system.

Or at least enough new players to make finding 6 stacks easier.

I tend to play casual qp at weekends with a couple of bronze friends and win or lose is a lot more fun than playing with randoms.

But player base way down. I think I see 1 or 2 people on, out of 90+ I’ve friended over the years.

And maybe the ow2 tutorial won’t be utter garbage.

1 Like

It’s a sign of a dying game. There aren’t enough players anymore to make equal games, so the matchmaker grabs the closest ones - even if they are 1000 SR apart. And yes, you can group up with a friend, that is up to 1000 SR below you. I’ve seen enough plat-silver boosters in gold.

Even funnier are “Plat” players who, strangely enough, are “Masters” in the other roles and play together in a group with their “Silver” buddies, who are “Bronze” in two of their roles. That’s why the matchmaking is a joke :smiley:

Edit: An this is the most occam’s-razor-like explanation. If there were indeed enough players for a proper match-making, why are such strange teams put together anyway?

THAT, in turn, would be an indication of extreme MMR manipulation and handicapping.

Neither scenario sheds good light.

3 Likes

The clan / guild thing, iirc blizzard wants this battle.net wide, so i think it will come, just takes a lot of time.

1 Like

Right, because a 600 HP hero with heals or shield and almost the same Damage can do nothing about a squishy.

Well first off, diamond and masters have to deal with plat/diamond tanks 300-400 Sr below them on a regular basis. Secondly most tanks due to the shear lack of them have their SR boosted to fill the ranking gaps upwards. As in a lot of people get considerably higher SR than their actual skill in tank tier coz the game is trying to fill out the tier ladder.

But yes 400 Sr tanks difference is stupid regardless of role and everyone prolly rather just wait at this point.

1 Like

People have been complaining about this forever. They don’t care, or can’t fix it. Either there aren’t enough players anymore, or they don’t give a crap. One or the other.

2 Likes

Why they should fix something what is not broken ? And after reading your post seems like you are matched with equally skilled players…

1 Like

nope, the game has terrible matchmaking. All aspects of it. Quickplay, Comp, Everything.

3 Likes