First, research matchmaking THEN form your opinions

It’s a logical assumption. This system could have been designed and tested with a minimum of X people and pass with their satisfaction. Currently there is Y people playing.

The simple notion that we don’t know X nor Y means you can assume but never conclude. And why you need to stick to your field and stay out of engineering.

No. My suggestion and your poor work around are fundamentally different. I think my suggestions would “help inform” people whose alive “faster” than the kill feed or pressing a button of tab. I’ll look into health bar but I think I put it on by default when I support I like to see peoples hp (but I notice some people don’t even do that or even have the critical indication).

Some ideas are hit and misses. That why I try to keep them simple and easy to implement. Even if you think an idea is bad, changing a shadow underneath a health bar can’t be that hard.

And in two sentences you already contradict yourself. Notice you had you said fight “around” you but then had to use “die in front”.

I think I know YOUR problem. You take the idea and see if it applies to you (obviously we all do that) and then say nope not for me. The problem is… you can’t put yourself in other people’s shoes or at least pretend to and see if it will help them. If you honestly think this won’t help a front lining Rein (like they had to give him that free look when holding up the shield) then maybe I don’t want your help or your responses from such an individual, it shows you have difficulty thinking outside what you know, and you think your assumptions are absolute conclusive without a hint of fallacy.

1 Like

Smol correction:
stop arguing with people on the forums about any topic. Few will be well-meaning in their explanations, and most are petty and argumentative

2 Likes

I would only argue here that smol might be spelled like “small”. But there’s that open mindedness again. I’m thinking maybe in other languages smol might be correct.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That urban dictionary hittin Diff.

2 Likes

Gaslighting won’t change the facts. Others also observed the regular harassment that I was subject to on that server.

See Bright, even the (retired?) admins of the server happily join in with that kind of behaviour. One set of standards for them and another for me.

I exclude “niccolo” from this. I’ve never experienced any kind of harassment or antagonization whatsoever from him.

No I’m not going to get over it - harassment is harassment and should be called out wherever it occurs. If you claim your server is a community server then it will be held to community standards.

2 Likes

It’s not a logical assumption. I’ll once again refer you to my example above.

We don’t need to know x or y to conclude that a higher player pool results in more balanced games, and, conversely, a lower player pool in less balanced matches. I and bright have both given you an example for why that is the case.

I will not continue to try convincing you of this since you clearly lack the knowledge to follow what I am saying and you seem to have no desire to educate yourself.

It’s not my work around.

It makes no difference. The information is there, if you are unable to process it now, you will be unable to process it in any other way it is provided by the game.

How is that a contradiction? A fight doesn’t only have one front at which it’s being fought. This game is all about knowing where your enemies and your team mates are. If you lack this fundamental skill (awareness), you will have to improve it. A health bar of your team mates is literally not gonna help with this.

Nope, I apply it to players like you. I watched you play when you live streamed on discord. Your Bap lamped you and you walked out of it and died. When I told you that you had just walked out of your lamp, you told me you didn’t see a lamp. You are unable to process information right in front of your eyes.

Healthbars of your team mates on top of your screen will not change anything for the vast majority of players who lack awareness like you, and those players who could make use of it don’t need it because they already have well developed awareness.

You have a color coded real time kill feed at the top of the screen. Look at that if you so desperately refuse to work on your awareness.

That’s funny coming from you of all people.

2 Likes

You cannot see your allies health bars threw walls.

Looking around will not guarantee you the information my suggestion will provide.

Ignorance is palpable.

Right now, not sure why your so out to prove me wrong on a hypothetical feature, its getting to a cringe levels. The feature should be experimented to really prove if its valuable, how someone can sit in a chair and deem something valuable or not on “vast majority of players” - the ego…

By all means you can stop, and let me post my ideas.

and blocked.

3 Likes

this is part of having game sense, the right dpi and in game sensitivity, and having the mechanical skill to flick around quick enough to see and then flick back.

if you need to be spoon fed all your information, whats the point? it detracts from actually playing the game.

if you are rein, YOU are the front of the team. knowing where you are positioned in relation to your team is part of game sense. tank then dps, then support, same reason pro sports have different positions in their respective arena of play. lets take hockey, they have a goalie, defensemen, then forwards. their positioning on the ice is reflective of their role on the team. a goalie will almost never cross the centre line (unless fighting the other goalie, in which get me some popcorn) just like a support should almost never be in front of their tank (abduhlla will disagree with his lucio, and thats fine, specific times and motives will differentiate between opportunities.

3 Likes

Apparently yes, since many people on this forum will constantly bring it up.

They got a point, though - you never know, how many of your teammates are still alive at the moment, if you are front of the team and do not have eyes on the back of your head.

But it’s just how this game is, as things have tendency to hit the fan out of nowhere.

1 Like

We should equip every hockey/rugby/football player with a little watch that displays the field from above with real life tracking of all their team mates. This would lead to better game quality guys!!

2 Likes

Let’s just gather 11 strangers and make them play hockey, it definitely will work out.

hit tab, pay attention to the kill feed top right, theres also this thing called using your voice. people who complain about lack of information will never climb because they refuse to use what they are already given.

are they tracking enemy ults? probably not. are the seeing the difference in play style of that fully charged zarya who is looking to grav? probably not. are they counting the number of enemies currently engaged in the fight? where is the 6th enemeny? oh they are behind you, because you didnt take the information GIVEN to you and use it to your advantage.

did one of the enemies use their ult that negates mine? perfect time for me to ult. do we have multiple ults we can combo to secure the team fight? what is our win condition?

all these things change rapidly during the game, if someone cannot keep up, then they will not climb. assess and dissect the information - the one who can climb will be doing this at a faster rate than those are are falling or reached their peak. and theres nothing with being at the peak of your ability in a game - especially if you arent being paid for your time.

3 Likes

It’s one of moments I am glad, that Mercy now sucks. Because I do not need to track ults - they aren’t required to make Valkyrie fail.

As for using voice, usually no one does it.

and isnt it sad? people should call what they see - “X is low, X has no Y(cool down)” that information helps swing fights more than i think people give it credit for.

2 Likes

No, it’s not. One less thing distracting from listening to enemy sounds.

I gave this method a try and it actually worked. Thank you. My SR started to climb.

For the first time it made sense. I Think what makes this game have these issues is the amount of Gas lighting and bullying that occurs during matches. Everyone is AFRAID to get report-banned for supposedly “throwing” but usually the people that cry and pout the loudest are the ones that are truly throwing the game.

My impact on damage may have seamed very LOW as sombra. But swapping to sombra, flanking and DISRUPTING the enemy team gave us the WIN. Sure, people were not happy I was playing sombra. But what it did was me keeping this one TORB and his turret from essentially locking down a point.

I’d blast the turret. Teleport clear back to a Health pack beyond the enemy spawn. get healed and go right back to destroying the Torb’s turret and doing this OVER and over again. Then focusing on healers. Eventually with Torb’s turret no longer being useable the fight was Won and we could move in.

So yes, competitive is about: " ignoring SPOILED brats and making Impact".* :smiley:

2 Likes

to each their own i suppose.

3 Likes

At my job, if we provide information and automation for small tasks, it can elevate the work because more brain power can be put to bigger things. I believe the same notion is here.

I believe in WOW and Diablo, when they allow you to stick the profiles and HP bars on the side of the screen, the same notion is there.

1 Like

Hello there BrightTitan. While I can’t exactly say who I am - you probably can guess, I’ve been in many of the same debates with them and you over the years. I’m glad you’ve come to your conclusion and I have to say it’s a really darn good one.

I stopped debating them quite a while ago as you’ve probably noticed. If I had seen ANY hint of deliberate misgivings in the data I’d have been the first to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon but… it’s just not there.

Every time someone cries about toxicity or smurfs or throwers it’s always less than 10% of games, TOTAL.

The matchmaker does what it says on the tin and Blizzard Devs are smart enough to know that if they pull anything funny they are going to be found out eventually, which is why I trust the majority of what they said in beta and early release. Believe it or not most of them came from the WoW team and Team 2 knew that trying to pull anything fishy was gonna be called out by the community.

Papa Jeff once said “We don’t hide things. The community will always find out.”

While I’ve tried talking to cuthburt’s crew, especially receipts, it’s literally like talking to a wall. Arguing does no good when people refuse to believe that their fate is in their own hands and people have natural talent barriers.

At one point I went through thousands of games worth of match data. You can say it’s biased data, sure, but as a player we use to have a LOT more access to data about every player in our games (around/before season 6), that is literally impossible to get now.

If I had found ANYTHING to suggest that I was being put in anything other than matches that were “around” my skillrating I would have yelled it to high heavens back in the day.

There is a point where you’ll start getting boosted if you win more than 4 games in a row and that’s what you’re feeling - on game 4 your MMR becomes “volatile” and adjusts quicker. It’s smurf protection but effects more than just smurfs. MMR, by its nature, does lead to bouncing in a specific ~500sr area.

Ya lose 'til you start winning again.

Companies do R&D about stuff all the time and file patents about a billion different things. If they were actively using shady tactics like that there would be abnormalities in the data that would show shady stuff like that.

It’s just not there.

That, sir, comes down to the fact that the matchmaker gets tuned and adjusted over time. Sometimes it’s been wide and other times it’s been thin.

Match quality today is better than it has been, even if it doesn’t feel like it.

btw, overall, I have looked at the matchmaker from as many perspectives I could and found it all lacking. the best I could do is put my faith in the data to see if it lined up with what the devs told us or if it came up as rigged/against what we’ve been told and… found it pretty unbiased. Humans are gonna be people at the end of the day and the vast majority of us are dumb, illogical, and angry; me included. ¯(°_o)/¯

3 Likes