First Post for me: What I desire as features for Overwatch 2

An in the game Intelligence Database linked to our game Profiles - providing an ideal framework to develop knowledge or information on what weaponry, arsenals, rites or manuals, and tactics these factions are making use of; how they operate field intelligence and reports pervading in these factions of Overwatch 2 when their whereabouts are still clandestine, wide open in the eyes of the masses, or the so on that are not touched in this capacity or size; Perhaps the players are also provided eyewitness accounts or newswires on how the rest of the communities are reacting, or are talking about arcane topics that exist in the Overwatch world no doubt; And perhaps maybe this Intelligence Database would also accommodate Backgrounds on the legitimate characters established to be utilize for the Overwatch 2 Story. Rewarding to unlock these files are debatable - The attention to presenting this idea would become boring, trite, or skillfully wasted if this idea gets popular and get off ground, but maybe my sanity has hiccups or burn outs when discussing about this topic for now on. Now this sentence may have characteristics of an tangent or this sentence is dwelling excessive on the present discussion, but if were to may utilize Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars and Kane’s Wrath’s Intelligence Databases as an inspiration for this discussion:
( *I’m sorry I don’t have the rank to muster up screenshot samples for this discussion so enjoy this wonky walls of text that pushes into the discussion)
From Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium War’s Database - under the folder section named “Kane’s Arsenal”

• Flame Weapons -
    "From “Rites of War”

Flamethrowers are powerful anti-infantry weapons. They have a staggering psychological effect that goes beyond their superlative combat effectiveness. Now that our labs have created a form of concentrated fuel that permits extended combat operations, a new generation of flame weapons has been deployed with infantry and on vehicles. Black Hand heavy infantry units carry portable flamethrowers that can wreak havoc on enemy infantry. The next generation Flame tank is even more powerful, capable of incinerating enemy infantry by the hundreds and clearing enemy garrisoned buildings in a matter of seconds well and render GDI infantry useless on the battlefield. "

From Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium War’s Database - under the folder section named "GDI Weapons, Tactics, and Systems "

• Rifleman Squad
    "Field Manual - Basic Infantry

Equipped with the GD2 rifle, GDI Rifleman are the mainstay of GDI military forces. They are deployed to all combat zones, and trained in anti-infantry combat techniques. Riflemen are most effective when garrisoned in fortified structures, and are equipped to dig foxholes when the need arises to defend a fixed position. Riflemen should never be deployed against heavy armor, especially falem weapons, without significant heavy-weapon support.

GDI - Units and Weapons"

From Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium War’s Database - under the folder section named "Warp Link "
*Retaliation by Hostile Indigenous Population
"… Offensives in multiple target zones are stalled

… Indigenous populations has re-organized, re-grouped, and counter-attacked

… Indigenous population exploiting vulnerabilities and weaknesses discovered initial combat

… Initial advantage lost

… Combat is becoming symmetric rather asymmetric - tactical and strategic superiority now paramount"

*A Campaign of Distraction
"… Disrupt, disorganize, and destroy indigenous population to divert them from Relay Nodes and Threshold construction

… Priority One targets: Large First Tier indigenous population centers

… Priority Two targets: Organized indigenous military forces and weapon concentrations

… Priority Three targets: Any indigenous prescence near mature Ichor deposits

Priority Four targets: Second Tier indigenous population centers

… Note that the intensity of initial operation cannot be sustained - if desired result of disorganization and diversion away from Relay Nodes and construction activity is achieved quickly, mission will be in danger"

From Commander and Conquer 3 Kane’s Wrath Database - under the named folder section “Nod Weaponry”

• Shard Walker -
    "Details on the heavily mutated Scrin Gun Walker

Believing the Scrin Gun Walker to be a antiquated relic, barely useful against anything but the most primitive of cultures, the Cult of Reaper took upon themselves the task of returning this once storied combatant to relevance. After a prolonged period of ritualistic, Tiberium fuelled experimentation, the Cult of revealed their new Shard Walker. A being of equal parts machinery, flesh and pure Tiberium, the Shard Walker is everything that the Gun Walker was not fast, tough, and capable of projecting chunks of pure Tiberium at a rapid, devastating pace.

[Source Redacted]"

I would also wish for the teams behind Overwatch 2
to interject an Cutscene/Movie Theater for these Player versus Environment story missions since the Theater probably will permit players to preview, watch, and/or review these cutscene/movie in discussions or right after completing these operations - one mission at a time.

Feel Free to say something in the comments about this, or call me a disgrace to being apart of this community - I will go back into my being passive and receptive, till i come back to this discussion because I sense attention coming from a person that claims my trite post relates to something.

Source Cited:
*Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars & Kane’s Wrath is owned by Electronic Arts

I just want to know how old 76 is

1 Like

Gabriel Reyes is 58 years old.
Ana Amari is 60 years old.
Since Jack Morrison is from their generation, the best guess is he’s 59 years old.

He’s younger than Reyes

Then show me the source of it.

He’s probably 57 - Reyes is 58 and at SDCC 2016 Chu listed Jack as being a year younger than Reyes.

5 Likes

Reyes was already a senior officer when they met, so it’s very likely he has a few years on 76. And yeah, Chu mentioned him being a year younger, but I’m not sure if they’re going to keep this as canon. In any case, it kinda shows that the writers, like a lot of fans, imagine Jack being slightly younger than everyone in the OG OW. Most people place him at 55 or so.

Any recording of the source is non-existent, but at SDCC 2016, they said that Reyes was older than Jack.

3 Likes

Thank you very much.