Fine, Mercy is balanced

People just like to judge ( expecially if you complain for a reason )

I agree Mercy can still be played, but she is no longer as fun to play as she was,
using Rez in a teamfight can get you killed, healing takes longer…

If it reaches a point where you find so many of the heroes on the roster unfun or boring to play, maybe it’s that you think OW is boring and it’s time to move on.

I played WoW for 10 years as a healer but no matter what class I played things got stagnant all-around but instead of clogging the forums with complaints about it I realized I outgrew it and moved on. One thing I learned from WoW about games, and Blizzard specifically, is that changes like this are going to happen and aren’t going to please everyone. Maybe that’s why I have a better time coping with changes in OW with some people. Or maybe it’s just because I’m older.

Yeah, that’s why you can play as 27 other characters. You personally do not find Mercy fun anymore, but other people do. If your enjoyment was taken out of a single character, try the others. You can still contribute, and use much more skill in the process of playing any other hero except Mercy.

Take me for example:

-Rein was a fun main
-Rein isn’t fun anymore with the overwhelming cc
-I went back to my old main Junkrat
-Had fun again

Your level of fun in a character is not the deciding factor on their stance

I play other ones? I used to play Junkrat. Totally ruined by the grenade size nerf. So I started playing Hanzo instead.

Everyone’s had their hero ruined at this point, because every hero has been ruined. I mean, I played Sym 2.0, heroes don’t get more deleted than that. You just need to adapt.

It’s also possible that maybe Mercy 2.0 is fine, but no longer appeals to your specific tastes. I like her better than Mercy 1.0, although I really dislike both.

1 Like

I beg to differ, I still play D.va :wink:
I was Mercy main at first, but when nerfs came, I started maining D.va

Medic in TF2, which Mercy is heavily inspired from, is 1 000 000 times more fun to play than Mercy, and the best part is he has even less things in his kit. It’s just that he matters more with, say, his ubercharge.

The style isn’t inherently boring, it’s just Mercy’s kit that is. I’ve played several games with medic designs like healing beam and even one man rez because I like supporting in general. Reworked Mercy simply is boring compared to any other support in any other game I’ve played. It wasn’t quite like that before the rework. She can be way better.

1 Like

Everyone seems to have 1000 excuses ready to tell me that it’s okay that Mercy is boring to play, and she should stay that way.

What the everliving heck, guys?

Video games are literally made to have fun. Why are you okay with a video game character not being fun to play.

People have different opinions, imagine that! /s

well, I have complained about Mercy before but seeing that every effort brings me nothing but dissapointment, I quit caring so much

Because the last time they messed with her, it broke the game for 9 months?

Also, there’s like 28 others? Maybe Mercy just isn’t for you anymore.

well to be quite honest, she was in good stage when she could get insta rez via Valkyrie, but now she is just no fun to play

I mean you cannot do her unique thing which is rezzing without watching your area, and if someone do comes, well its not like you can cancel it

Because reverting her, with some small changes, is gonna break the game?

hehe about that, didn´t Blizz said that:

" We revert Mercy if she is carpage to play as"

or something like that

I doubt that they revert her in this or even next year though -_-

also how they revert her, I really doubt that we ever see mass rez again

Yes. That is exactly what I’m worried about. Everyone hated mass rez. It could only come back if they severely nerfed it and redistributed the power, and that’s a major rework that has the potential to break characters and make them OP.

mercy was not balanced before her rework

Yeah, but they still need to fix the weak heros first. Mercy doesn’t get special priority.

you know the funny part is that everyone hated mass rez.

but no one hates these “team wipe” abilities

also it was not like you can rez 5 people everytime anyway

1 Like

It’s not gonna break the game though is it?

That’s why most suggestions for a revert include changes to Mass rez like LoS checks and cast times.

I don’t see why you’d have to severely nerf it.

It’s not that major though. The thing that would risk being OP, would be a new ability, not Mass rez itself.

1 Like

The problem wasn’t the power of it, it offered absolutely no counterplay.

I agree. She herself is balanced but compared to the other supports shes underpowered and lacks the ability to do her sole job well.