Finally uninstalling after 5 years!

Great playing with you friends! All the toxicity aside, the competitive leavers have finally got to me this past week. It’s been a great half-a-decade ride.

See ya, on the other side.

17 Likes

peace out bro, may you rest in gamer-land.

3 Likes

That’s the risk of taking this game seriously. In any match just 1 other player can utterly destroy your entire experience and make it pointless to even try. The key is to play purely for your own enjoyment and forget about wins/losses. Ranked ladder is completely meaningless in a game like this. Just have your own fun and play heroes you enjoy, mess around, etc.

5 Likes

I find it impossible to have fun in a team based game where there is virtually no team play. The game is a shambles - no balance patch is going to rectify it, when the player-base is clearly the problem. It’s wise to uninstall.

13 Likes

Yeah, imagine if there would be a way to choice who to play with, team up before Comp game, have voice chat and actually ignore all toxic players from own team… That would be great…

3 Likes

Yep, Blizzard do not care about their community no more.
They had their money from your purchase, thats the end of their relationship with you.

Literally, look at the stats. 100,000 active players at any one time.
PUBG is still attracting 1 million active players! Fortnite also.

Very Very badly managed product.

2 Likes

Unless they announce they’re finding a solution to smurfs and boosted accounts I’m certainly not purchasing OW2 and im sure many will do the same.

5 Likes

Yes - try your hardest to do all that, just so blizzard can put you up against higher ranked 6 stacks so you can be dumpstered again lol

1 Like

Yeah, and this happens to every single game, you are right.

1 Like

I hope you find Dodonpachi, brother or sister. That’s where true happiness is found <3

1 Like

The secret is to not play comp.

Comp is a terrible place filled with smurfs, leavers, and throwers.

The real fun is in QP.

You have to deal with the occasional “it’s just QP” person, but it’s a lot better than comp.

5 Likes

Welcome to the club . I quit months ago and I started in season 1.
Season 1 to season 9 was so fun. Ppl took the game seriously so never an issue with throwers really in the beginning.

2 Likes

If your hard drive has space, just keep it on there.

2 Likes

So you are avoiding every multiplayer pvp game, past present or future? Don’t blame you, lol.

3 Likes

Blaming the playerbase for the failure of a game has never worked, never made sense, and it will continue never making sense.

Overwatch is a rare perfect example of what happens you push a game TOO much towards requiring constant teamwork in order to function. The game rewards teamwork with insane exponential gains/power and punishes the slightest lack of teamwork with getting spawn-camped to loss. You are constantly paying the price for what a teammate does, and vice versa. All matches thus become an exercise in pure frustration where the game constantly reminds you that your biggest enemies are your own teammates (not your opponents).

But sure, lets just blame the playerbase. It couldn’t possibly be anything about the game that makes you hate your own team 99% of the time, it’s just the players being silly.

3 Likes

Who asked :smiley: see u in 2 days

2 Likes

They always come back… :relieved: :rofl:

I hear you the game could facilitate team play better, there is no proper training mode and the tips that are given in the game are woefully inadequate. There are snowballing mechanics as well which contribute to the problems. Yes! Agreed.

However in the metal ranks (where I play) people with huge amounts of experience at this stage continue to run ahead of their team and attempt to 1v6. The definition of madness is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I genuinely believe there is only so much developers can do when people refuse to learn from their mistakes and refuse to play as a team.

2 Likes

At least someone drawing (kind of) the right conclusions.

Too many people blame the “matchmaker” when it’s really a problem between the “snowbally” experience the ult system brings, extremely strong synergies between individual heroes, too much reinforcement of teamwork which tightens up the longer the match goes on, and the problem of catching up when you’re behind.

And of course, just people trolling around.

This.

1 Like

Going too far with facilitating teamwork is why this game is dead. Teamwork should be an element, but the entire game and hero design shouldn’t solely revolve around it. The game needs to facilitate solo play better and make the entire game revolve less around needing constant teamwork in order for matches to not be one-sided trainwrecks.

1 Like