Finally Some Answers About Trust System?

Okay so I sent some messages into CS, and I got some responses back. Apparently they don’t know much either because they don’t want leakages and stuff so they actually don’t tell CS a lot about what’s going on, including form development apparently lol, but I did get some interesting and useful information so I’m gonna share it with you guys. I also doubled checked, and I am allowed to be sharing this information.

Alright so we know the forms run off a trust system, but we don’t really know how that system works and how you get trust. From what I have heard from the CS team, I was told if you just keep posting, and being a good sport, you will eventually earn trust.

The reason why we need trust and why this system is a bit confusing and people are annoyed about it, is because you cannot post image links or videos without having your trust level. IT’s kinda annoying not having those options.

Why are Blizzard being so in the dark about it, you may ask. I asked this too, turns out the trust system is actually Still in development. This is interesting because I actually suggested that could be one of the reasons of what’s going on. It is implemented but they are still working on it so that’s why they haven’t said anything about it yet because nothing is set in stone.

With that said though I still didn’t get an explanation as to why some users have access and others don’t. A major thing I noticed is some people with like over 200 posts still can’t post images and links, while a user with 12 posts could, which leaves a lot of questions. I gave CS this issue but they didn’t seem to acknowledge it, only stating that some users have the options because they are in with the trust system. I’m going to add my own to this and say that since its still in development, Blizzard may just be randomly selecting users to see how it works out, a controlled test if you would.

I also asked a few times and got mixed results in regards to bypassing the trust system to share links and images. I was told when asked can I bypass the system, CS responded with “We cannot bypass the direct link detection.” following up with asking about links again, I was told we’re just not allowed to post “direct” hyperlinks. Given the fact users are posting links regardless, I’m going to go out on a limb and say yes, we can still work around the system and post and share links, as long as its nothing wrong with what we’re sharing. Which makes sense as we could do this on the old forms.

So, we have the major answer now - It’s still in development so that’s why so much darkness and confusion. CS encouraged me to share this on the forms and even suggested that maybe a GM would drop by to shed some light on the situation… little hint hint right there :wink:

With that I’m going to leave this discussion open ended, feel free to add your thoughts and opinions, and if any users have anymore information about the trust system and how we can gain acess to direct hyperlinks and such, your information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers everyone!

3 Likes

This topic might be of use:

1 Like

Oh interesting, thank you for this.

Edit: Wooooooah wait I’m looking at this and we have multiple trust levels for stuff about our account? The first trust level for me is 0, but some of the “trust” are followed up by level 1s, but are also around stuff like “display name”.

Huh interesting, maybe we have to hit milestones for posting, liking, commenting, mentioning, etc to get everything to trust level 1 before the whole account has trust level 1?