Figured out why I'm skipping frames after new patch

Every time I play after the new patch I get skipped/stuttery frames

I figured out that every time a new message appears in the chat, it will make your game stutter/skip frames

The most you could do is turn off match and team chat but there’s still other messages that make it through

Messages from the interact menu, leave/join messages, group messages, endorsements, and whispers are also causes aside from match and team chat

Please come out with a patch to fix this soon please, it’s really unplayable for me because I play in groups that use text chat a lot of the time

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been getting those aswell, so annoying. Blizz pls fix ;-;

Can you guys see if these steps improve performance so you don’t have to disable any visual features:

Otherwise post a DxDiag file so more can be learned about your system.

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.
  5. Open the file in Windows Notepad, then press Ctrl+A to select all text, then Ctrl+C to copy all text to the clipboard.
  6. Start a new reply, and type two sets of four squiggly lines and then place the cursor in between and press Ctrl+V to paste the Contents in a code block. Example:

~~~~
Paste your DxDiag File Here
~~~~

This is happening on Xbox One, too. I’ve seen some say a full reinstall of the game fixes it (edit: they say it only makes it a little better), but haven’t tried myself. It’s really hard to play when people decide to troll and throw the fight because they keep doing the wheel communication options. The lag makes it almost unplayable.

Same on PS4. Whenever a comm wheel option is used, a severe stutter/jolt happens. It’s annoying regardless of hero, but it’s especially so on hitscan types.

I also tried a reinstall and rebuild of database – nothing changed.

I’ve decided to switch the game off as a result, it got too frustrating and was in no way something I’d “get used to” as it was a very noticeable stutter.

Got anything for us console folk to try? Done the usual stuff, and it hasn’t done a thing.

Needs addressing quickly, if possible.

Uninstall the game client and reinstall it.

Already done so. Thanks anyway.

Yea i made a post about this and everyone is complaining in deathmatch lobbies.

Massive fps sim spikes when anyone leaves or chats. Also when you press the key to swap hero.

What if you use the /hidechat command? Does that help?

Hey, all!

We will be tracking the issue in this thread here:

Thanks for the reports so far. I will be locking this thread so we can focus the conversation to that thread.