[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

If Mercy rezzes far in the backline of course she is save I don´t see a problem here - and she´s also not healing the rest of the team currently fighting the enemy team. Keeping her safe with a shield etc is only possible with good team work. So what´s wrong with her being safe when the team protects her? The team (or just one team mate) has to babysit Mercy for the 2 seconds and can´t do anything else. Those two seconds can be enough for securing kills because one main healer is not healing anymore. Fair trade. Not healing can get more than one team mate killed while getting just one back.

Yeah I admit I was wrong there. The description on the official Wiki page is confusing.
But to solve that problem: kill the healer first and/or seperate her from the team. Good players can do that, especially flankers. Mercy´s not OP with her healing.

Can´t say anything about Moira but I guess a very good Moira is still better than a Mercy in higher elos because of her burst heal potential.

You make her sound OP which she isn´t. Mercy is only good with a good team - her GA is useless when the rest of the team is everywhere but on the point. Her mobility relies on other players in the range of GA, it´s not like she can just teleport around the map.
Her healing can be outdamaged easily if the enemy team works together because she can (outside of Valk) only heal one at a time and even with Valk, a burst damage Ult and she´s alone. Or focus fire one hero during Valk, it helps too because she doesn´t get more healing. Just 60 HPS.

I´ve had my team die while in Valk without an enemy ult. I got killed mid-flight while using GA. Three body shots of McCree and Mercy is dead. I had team mates die although I heal them.
With a good team, Mercy is a very good healer, yes. But she is NOT OP. Choosing the best healer for your team is based on the situation, e.g. I switched from playing Mercy to Moira on attack because I can keep my team alive MUCH better, and I choose Mercy for defending because of her Ult to stall the enemy team from taking over the point/pushing the payload.

Yes, there are drawbacks to some of the best ats. That still doesn’t stop them from being the best in that regard.

Mercy has been meta since her rework, she’s been a must pick, easily in the top 2 through 5 seasons, across 4 different metas. Moth Meta, Spam Meta, Sniper Meta and Triple Support.

She’s the best support in every situation. Which is the problem.

Anyway, You could nerf mercys healing to 50hps and make it so she doesn’t heal through barriers anymore, she’ll still have her niche with sniper and phara and she’ll still have res to be in dive.

The problem is that E res makes up for Ana’s healing boost, sleep and anti nade. This is also the reason why i think that only buff’s to Ana won’t help. She is really strong and can decimate Mercy if you know how to play her well, but E res is so easy to use and that powerful at the same time… I really don’t know why they reverted Mercy to that build, it brings nothing but problems.

1 Like

I completely agree20

Hmm, Angela Ziegler has finally had enough of the constant issue of following the grey lines of practicing medicine. While she has a tumultuous relationship with Moira O’Deorain, she begins to understand Moira’s ambitions with genetics.

Putting her pride aside, she seeks the assistance of and finds a viable solution to some issues of the constant battle field issues.

Abilities, Liben Austausch (replaces Resurrect), Siphons an enemies health while funneling this into a player of her choice, which if a enemy is eliminated from the direct result of Liben Austausch creates a Seele. (These Seeles can be used to either increase the rate of healing of an Ally or Diminish the effect of healing on an enemy. A max of three Seele’s can be stored at any time.

Ultimate - Engel des Todes - Randomly selects an opposing enemy and instantly kills the enemy, one Seele is consumed. If Mercy has no Seeles upon activation of her ultimate then an AoE effect goes into place where an random enemy in the AoE is elimated and an ally within the AoE radius is elimated, if no ally is within the radius a portion of Mercy’s health is siphoned. Engel des Todes elimantions of an enemy creates a Seele.

Her staff remains the same.

Everything about the idea is fine except for line of sight mainly because Rez was already really wonky with how it would somtimes grab people. And sometimes not due to lag as you’re flying.
I’d rather it b somek ind of projectile that can go around things

Oter then that your idea is solid.

And if you’re concerned about the idea of rezzing through walls I’d propose that rez be limitted so it’ll only activate if you have the curreent melee range of one of the souls.

Its not very fair that playing with what used to be my fave hero is no longer very fun and its also not very fair that Blizzard entertainment keeps on disregarding peoples post about Mercy. Alot of people would agree that Mercy is in a pretty bad state at the moment, her res is pretty much a chore and really not entertaining or fun to do anymore and her valkyrie ultimate is honestly garbage.

please fix Mercy or revert her cause it is pretty much no longer fun to play her.

9 Likes

Mercy is the best healer in the game right now.

Just because Rez isn’t game breakingly overpowered anymore,that does not mean she’s not good.

Her Rez is still the reason why she’s the best healer in the game. If you don’t like playing her anymore,just play someone else.

Current Mercy isn’t weak by any means at all. The problem is how boring she is, and how valuable Resurrect is on a cooldown. Mercy was balanced when Resurrect was an ultimate.

7 Likes

She was balanced because people didn’t realise how OP resurrect is.

Even if they revert to mass res (please no) she will still be a mandatory pick unless it is heavily gimped.

(opinion!)

Also “unfun” is subjective.

1 Like

The top tier support hero at the moment is in a bad place, yes? Care to explain why, and care to explain who of “a lot of people” is not related to you/friends of yours?

1 Like

I used to find current Mercy fun,but realising how she’s better than all the other healers in the game made her boring for me. I’d rather play Moira.

But as we all know… stares at PTR patch notes

I think she’s super fun. YMMV I guess.

Mercy was never OP until the rework. Resurrect as an ult was balanced, not OP. Since it was an ult, Mercy had to earn it by doing her job. Depending on how well your team is doing, Mercy probably ended up with 1 or 2 Resurrect ults per match. If your team is constantly getting staggered, or you keep getting focused on and dying, it meant Mercy wasn’t the best person for this situation and should probably switch to another healer.

With Resurrect on a 30-second cooldown, it’s just too valuable to pass up, even single target. That’s why Mercy is such a strong pick. A free revive every 30 seconds, no matter what Mercy does, make it a must-pick ability. This combined with Valkyrie, the ultimate spectator mode and enemy hitscan target practice, makes Mercy very mobile and very useful. Not very fun, but very necessary.

Resurrect will NEVER work as a cooldown ability. Not even a cast time and a slowdown stopped its power. All the people who cheered and jeered “ding dong the witch is dead!” a few months back should feel very stupid. Mercy will never be balanced as long as Resurrect is on a cooldown.

8 Likes

Ressurection is a fundamentally flawed concept.

Mass Ressurection was overpowered. Especially with the invincibility buff.
Ressurect as an ability just makes Mercy better than any other main healer which makes those other healers pointless to pick.

Jeez you ignored it all.

People didn’t realise how OP resurrect was before the rework. It was starting to gain traction as an issue just before the rework happened.

Opinion Time:
Yes, resurrect cannot be balanced as an ability.
It also can’t be balanced on an ultimate unless it is ONE res only or heavily gimped in some way for mass res.

You Mercy mains (assuming) seem to be blissfully unaware how OP resurrect is compared to what any other support can do.

1 Like

Would like to point out that Mass Rez was not game breakingly overpowered.

5 Likes

If mass rez ult was so op, why was she under picked when she had it? Why was she basically a troll pick at higher elo? Hmm… seems like people just whined because they threw ults at her team and she rezed them, thus making them salty for not having awareness.

10 Likes

It “gained traction” because people learned they could exploit the SR system using Mercy. These crap players would purposely hide the second they got Rez, and then they’d purposely wait for 5 teammates to die. This is because you earned 100 fire per resurrected teammate, so that’d be 500 fire + additional fire from healing/assisting after that. These crap players would throw multiple times in one match to do this.

The flawed SR system sees all this fire and thinks the crap player is “overperforming” compared to actual Mercy players, and rewards their bad behavior. Remember when there was that ‘surge’ of GM+ Mercy players who had insanely negative winrates? They exploited the SR system to get there.

Now that Performance SR is removed for Diamond and up, Resurrect as an ult can’t be exploited for easy SR anymore. If the devs are smart, they’ll remove performance SR for ALL ranks, to further prevent crap players from artificially boosting themselves to a rank they don’t deserve.

Ah, the “lol mercy main” card. Son.

When Resurrect was an ultimate, it had to be earned. It wasn’t available right off the bat, nor was it available again in 30 seconds. If Mercy wasted her ult, she had to re-earn it again, and in some cases, her ult was too situational to be useful. This is what balanced Mercy compared to other healers. If your team kept getting staggered, Mercy was better off switching to someone else.

Resurrect as an ult was never overpowered.

Glad we agree that Resurrect on a cooldown is stupidly powerful.

But you’re wrong about Resurrect as an ult. Invulnerability happened because it was tiring to die after casting Rez, leaving your teammates without a healer. But if it was such a problem, there are other ways of doing it. Blizzard could have tried:

• LOS requirement, or have it work within an AOE.
  • Replace invulnerability with damage reduction like Hog’s “Take a Breather” so the ‘muh counterplay’ people can have a chance to stop her.
  • Have Mercy’s ult charge decay if she isn’t actively healing or damage-boosting to prevent crap players from hiding.
  • Add a cast time to her ult.

ANY of these things, they could have, and SHOULD have, tested. Resurrect is balanced as an ultimate. Mercy was never a must-pick until Resurrect became a cooldown ability.

8 Likes

While we’re at it, how about we delete Tracer, Genji, Soldier76, D.Va, Hanzo, Torb, Mei, Widow, McCree, Reaper- I think you get where I’m going with this, ya?

4 Likes