[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Might be worth.

Don’t see there ever being a return to some version of mass rez. Rework suggestions trying to shoehorn it back in are meh.

Mass rez reworked into something new (in other words something that CAN get a mass rez under certain circumstances (circumstances pertaining to Mercy skill if I have my way)) could be possible but maybe that’s just me.

Make her heal less than Moira and Ana, her kit is too good to put out the amount of healing she does.

What are your thoughts on the rez rework offered in the op? Because what you just said is kinda what I was going for.

The rest of the “reworked mass rez” is intended to primarily be used for tempo rezzing.

IMO we should just roll back to pre-invuln rez, keep bunny hop GA, and we’d be fine.

3 Likes

An E ability would still be necessary.

Mercy 1.0 was extremely ult-dependent because she didn’t have an E to mix things up, and “rez as an ult” becomes less effective the higher you get on the ladder. Mercy would need an additional way to contribute to teamfights.

Its not really her fault other healers are trash.

@BorutosDad: Is this a post that replies to the op, or my most recent post? I can’t tell.

If it’s a reply to the op: the other healers are in a “meh” place, but they’ll never be in a good place even with buffs… so long as Overlord Mercy has the ability to reverse picks on a thirty second cooldown. That’s just too good of an ability to pass up.

When you make a claim, the burden of proof is in your hands. In this case, you need to be convincing people she needs a rework. No one needs to prove anything to you.

You make your argument and defend in hopes others will see the logic of your argument and thus convert their way of thinking on the topic

The flaws of Valkyrie Mercy.

That should be enough for the start.

I love when these threads are really secretly disguised as “bring back mass rez.”

Like, I already knew what was inside the “Try this on for size” block before I even clicked it.

Well, it’s not like rez on E will ever be balanced, and taking it out of mercy’s kit entirely isn’t an option.

Also, refer to the post above us for why Valkyrie as an ult isn’t working out.

Prove you wrong?

Alright; they WILL make it worse than the current one.

Mercy 60 HPS
Ana 70 HPS + Biotic Grenade increasing the healing for multiple targets
Moira 80 HPS + 300 Health Ball healing multiple targets + 120 HPS in her Ult

She already heals less than them and has no ability to enhance it.

2 Likes

They’ve literally only ever tried two things:

1. A cooldown ability
  2. A cooldown ability with a cast time

If you think this is the extent of the possible ways to tweak a move before claiming “it will never be balanced” then I’m going to claim you’re likely just being biased because you want mass rez. You’ve put literally zero effort into alternative ideas.

This is true, but Mercy also has Res that brings people from 0-full hp. Her healing can go through barriers and after she locks her beam on her healing target she never has to look at them again. She doesn’t require a resource to manage to sustain her healing output. Then she has an Aoe heal on top of the ease of use.

All of this gives her a huge healing average advantage.

1 Like

Your right, but her burst heal potential is very low. Unfortunately, in the current meta healing is pointless anyway, so we can’t really see how over sups would be better.

This is why Ana is actually viable this meta, but mercy is just easier to run since she does the minimum required. Ana has just enough healing to make up for that lack of between Zen and Brigitte, and since nothing dies without ultimate combos, Mercy’s res isn’t needed unless hanzo gets a pick somehow with all the armor and shields.

So it becomes a choice of utility, assuming people can actually play Ana.

• Nano
  • Sleep
  • Anti
  • heal boost

Vs

• 30% damage
  • Resurrect

Res is risky to use, can be stopped, and you´re an easy target so unless the enemies don´t pay attention or you use Rez behind a shield, wall or get bubbled, Res is a free-to-kill card for Mercy without getting your team mate back. And yes she has to look at her target because if you break LOS for more than 2 seconds the beam isn´t connected to the team mate anymore.
Moira has a resource meter she can fill easily by doing some damage so a -good- Moira basically has endless healing just as Mercy.
Ana is a sniper healer, she can deal damage and heal with the same ammo. Mercy needs to give up healing to either shoot with her own weapon, or damage boost a team mate. Moira can damage and heal at the same time by using her damage ball and heal her team (or use heal ball and do damage).

It is Mercy´s DESIGN to be a primary healer. She can´t do damage as easily as an Ana or Moira and therefore, she can heal better. Which is, in my opinion, a fair trade.
DPS can´t heal (or just a little bit) but therefore, they do a lot of damage.

Making Mercy´s healing weaker than it is takes away her role of being a primary healer and we only have three in the game so far. It´d be bad reducing the number further.

Exactly, there are ways to ensure it does work without risk. Even more so when it involves ressing widow and hanzo in your backline.

This is not true. You can turn your back to your healing target forever, which is why mercy can GA+Bunny hop around her team kiting flankers the entire time while still healing them. The only time beam breaks is when the person breaks line of sight relative to Mercy’s position, like if they go behind a wall. Not what’s on her screen.

Lol. This is actually why Moira is trash tier in higher elos. She NEEDS to do damage to sustain her healing output, and it is way to easy to deny her that with shields.

Mercy doesn’t need damage with the best mobility and best self sustain out of all the supports, she plays cat and mouse with flankers while the rest of the main healers have one chance to escape or have to duel them, while not being able to heal at the same time.

So she gets the best ability, the best self sustain, the best mobility, the best healing average the most reliable healing. And her drawback is she can’t do damage, which she doesn’t need. Yeah Mercy could stand to lose a few of these best ats in my honest opinion.