[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

I take it as a challenge.

Well they did increase her damage and she has no fall off damage. It just suck being sniper in closer quarter combat environment and half the team refuses to cooperate to keep in sight for heals. I guess they could give Ana a ghillie suit, or shot through walls?

But seems majority are obsessed with pick rate %. For that to happen for Ana, simple buff aren’t going to be enough. Revamp her to easy mode. Make her the Junkrat of support. Spam bullets that bounce around corners the size of tennis balls. When it’s easy mode and accessible then her pickrate would dramatically increased. Adding spam/easy mode to Junkrat mine and Hanzo Storm Arrow got those characters almost instantly popular. But there are other characters that are worse off like Torb or Bastion and Ana did get several buff back to back already, even though some feel it isn’t enough.

1 Like

You know most funny thing? They want to balance around OWL, but majority of players is nowhere near it. So, pick rates don’t show anything useful for balance, as OWL players are so small part of statistics, that their choice will be almost invisible in all that data.

9 Likes

I think they dont know themselves what to balance around anymore. Casual or Pro. They try to go with something in between it seems. If they wanted to balance around the esport stuff they should make characters like Ana better than Mercy.

Yet Mercy remains strong and Ana is kinda trash. As long as the devs cant make up their damn mind about the game everyone is screwed. I think Blizzard created an amazing new gaming world and at some point they stoped understanding it and now just blindly try to balance it without a single thought.

1 Like

I agree with that. This pretty much start with overnerfing Ana +buff’s to her biggest threats and hit it’s zenith with the Mercy rework.
I don’t understand why they started with that.
In fact, i know perfectly well why they started with that.

2 Likes

I’ve seen this being suggested and although it could work in some games, OverWatch isn’t one of them.

The Devs really focus on that fast paced aspect of the game itself; it’s why they nixed Symm’s healing turrets since they were clunky and awkward to use and a game like this. Something like a ghillie suit doesn’t seem to fit the flow of this game.

Sure Junkrat did need something, I played him when he was a troll pick. And Hanzo did too he was just an easy Dive target that lacked any real damage outside Scatter.

Junkrat and Hanzo did need something to increase their viability…but what was given just made their viability in damage too great.

(Oh hey look viability is unbalanced again!)

1 Like

I’m shocked that the mods are not locking all the Mercy threads latley. All I see is nerf her this, or revert her that. They must be sleeping today.

Maybe we are free? :expressionless:

Well… as i said many times.
A problem as big as Val Mercy can’t be swept under the carpet.

True. I just find it funny that a few weeks ago even this thread went into a whisper, but then everything just shot up into a roar.

It’s like a beehive that was just smoked, but then someone decided to kick it and they all shot out.

I blame the Moira nerf on the PTR, I knew it would stirr things up, and once it gets going it doesn’t stop.

Well, it would also happen without Moira’s nerf on the PTR. This rework is nothing but a ticking timebomb which can detonate over and over again.

The nerf to Moira only made the timer go faster.

Mercy outclasses the other healers because she’s so general-purpose and easy to get maximum effectiveness out of.

Rez on E is a crazy powerful ability that outclasses other healer “E abilities” by a country mile. Valkyrie is an “ez mode pro simulator” that’s literally impossible to be bad at, and it covers up all of Mercy’s weaknesses.

The devs have tried beating Mercy with the nerf bat, but it hasn’t worked. She’s still a “must pick”. Beating her again would only make her unplayable trash. It’s time to retire this current design, and try again.

Try this on for size

Valkyrie
Moved to E ability
Chain beams removed
Uninterrupted regeneration removed

Duration: 4 seconds
Cooldown: 12 seconds (begins after Valk finishes, for a minimum downtime of 16 seconds between Valk uses)

Free flight and stronger beams.
25% stronger healing (75 hps)
Damage boost also provides a 15% movement speed bonus to the target

Ressurect
Now an ultimate ability (again)
Reworked from previous versions for balance.

Revives all dead allies in a 15 meter radius
Line of Sight restricted
Cast time added: .8 seconds
Mercy’s personal invulnerability removed

New feature: in addition to raising dead teammates, all living allies in range (including Mercy) recieve a 200hp burst heal upon a successful cast

Quality of Life changes

New hero option: “Guardian Angel prefers beam target: “contextual”.”
Mercy will fly to who she targets. If no one is being targeted, she will fly to her beam target by default.

Angelic Decent: rate of decent has been adjusted from a featherfall to a glide. Mercy will now be able to move between nearby platforms on her own, giving her greater freedom in positioning.

Note: Mercy may need a nerf to her regen delay (e.g. 2 seconds instead of 1) in order to balance out all this extra mobility.

34 Likes

I’d rather just roll back to 2016 for nearly every character.

41 Likes

No matter what they do to mercy everyone will still think she is OP. you can’t make anyone happy in the overwatch community.

3 Likes

She is a must pick. Isn’t it the definition of OP?

1 Like

So is reinhardt and zarya op then?

2 Likes

Mercy and Zen both survived the dive meta and are still must picks.

She needs something she’s too good.

1 Like

Something like a rework?

Zarya uncounterable combo with a Mercy buffing Hanzo is OP in my opinion. Mercy shouldn’t be able to boost Hanzo’s ult in the first place. Change that first and check the stats.

Rein’s shield has maybe too much “HP”. 2000 slow down the game. Maybe he should have 1000 but a faster shield regen. It would break more often.

1 Like

The only way people are going to be happy with Mercy is if she become unplayable or is deleted.

The thing is : Mercy is easy to play. She appeal to people who have not a lot of mechanical skill but STILL want to contribute to the game. That’s how it work.

Blizz doesn’t want to make Mercy less easy to play. There’s a good chunk of Mercy mains out there, and losing those players would be losing money.
Business is business.

2 Likes