[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

If a mercy is boosting the pharah it outdamages the barrage

That situation is extremely hard to come by and is extremely easy to counter.

Ana nade was used there, they had a D. Va, and there wasn’t a Mercy dmg boosting that Pharah.

No it’s not. You can’t just suddenly stop shooting at the enemy team and focus on just the pharah. The 5 other teammates would kill you

Ok ,there’s still every other solution I listed.

I’ll admit that is really satisfying to do, but if more people would swap to soldier or anything to counter I wouldn’t have to do it myself. But no, everyone wants to play close range flankers at all times always.

yes you can ,that’s why pharah’s ult isn’t the best DPS ult in the game ,because she’s immobile and you can just shoot her down

It’s very easy to stop, no longer instant.

And I think you really understimate the ability to bring someone back from the dead.

All the games she has saved just by raising me or someone else who has their ult ready.

I never find it a burden when she is raising someone on my team.

But I never find it unfair when an enemy team gets a raise. If Mercy can pull it off now, she deserves it.

As for the mercy thing ,get an ana then ,or a d.va ,or “just click on pharah’s her head” ,you’ll have enough time before you die ,and if mercy switches to healing then you’re outhealing her now

Edit : noticed there WAS an ana ,my bad.

Seriously!? Do you not see the yellow up arrow?
I hate to break it to you bud, but there’s a friendly Ana Biotic grenade in that Grav, and if it weren’t there, they would die

Honestly if we go back to rez as an ult it would have to be single target only. This version of the game would have way too many people crying about it being OP otherwise. Can’t cry about a single target revive if its an Ult, its meant to be OP. And frequency of use would be purely down to player skill which would see better mercy players being high value and mediocre ones not being carried by an overloaded kit. Picks start having value again and rez feeling earned not only improves play but lessens her need to be in every game.

1 Like

Edited it before you posted ,though I was late ,my bad.

Point stands still ,look at other solutions.

EDIT : also ,sleepdart is another solution to add.

An enemy McCree got a five-man High Noon on my team once so I rezzed. He still got POTG though :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah I got a 5 man after a death blossom and he got POTG, I’m pretty sure it’s influenced by the outcome of the fight and the game.

1 Like

That’s your opinion. Most of the Overwatch community do not like current mercy

2 Likes

The McCree definitely deserved the POTG, even if my team ended up winning the game! Honestly, that was my first five-man before the rework came in so I was just happy I got one in time!

Oh yeah, I brought us all back and we lost another fight, he deserved it.

Ehh? You lost? Yeah, he deserved it then. My Rez did end up in my team winning the game around though, so I still felt accomplished!

And that’s your opinion.

And no, most of the community doesn’t agree with that. Even if most of the forums did, the forums are a minority.

So really we don’t have the numbers to say anything, it’s all opinion at this point.

its basically the same thing

ppl have just changed how they say it

when someone said a hero was no skill

the post usually went into depth about how they needed to be nerfed

hog for example, ppl hated hog

they said hog had a low skill cap, and thus hog needed too be nerfed

now ppl just say “OP NERF OP NERF”

its the same thing

it doesnt really matter what ppl say about a heroes viability. what matters is there actual viability

and atm mercy is strong, but not too strong. shes so meta because dive is no longer king.

(uncontested dive, is the best counter to mercy. because say a tracer and a winston can attack her at the same time killing her right away. flying away does nothing in that situation assuming the tracer atleast got her to 50% hp (more prefered).

thus shes everywhere

thats why ppl are complaining