[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

sorry I didn’t make this clickable at first I was used to you having level 3 until something that will not be spoken of happened

1 Like

Yeah… I miss being able to post links.

1 Like

its ok I’ll post your links for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got you titanium!!!

6 Likes

As always, thank you for the beautifully written thread. Hopefully this one doesn’t get deleted. >.>;

3 Likes

Non-Mercy mains.

Simply saying “It’s not Mercy/Sym/insert hero anymore” is such hyperbole.

That’s on you. There’s 26 other perfectly fine heroes waiting for you to play. See ya.

If you’re that unfamiliar with other heroes in the support category (and need to be told a similar hero to try than Mercy), it merely reinforces my point that Mercy mains need to branch out.

You asked for a hero similar to Mercy. Mercy doesn’t require much aim so I drew the comparison. Sorry if you get offended over stating how the two heroes are similar? :thinking:

Aim is overrated anyways

2 Likes

It’s considered kind of a signature ability… so they’re hesitant to get rid of it. If you asked people what they associate with Mercy, her Resurrect would probably be one of those things. It really does seem like a bit of an albatross around her neck right now, though.

They feel they have to keep it but they don’t want it to be too powerful so they kept putting more and more restrictions on it until it was at least close enough to balanced… all at the expense of making the character less enjoyable and interesting to play as. At the expense of taking you completely out of the game and basically doing nothing for 2+ seconds.

That might be neat.

4 Likes

Tbh i can not and will not blame you for being stubborn i am still stubborn on the fact that nerfed her once more to make her ult feels like it doesn’t help the team When i had (Two/One Man automatic Rez in Valk) i felt like it changed the game and tipped the chances of winning for both sides.

1 Like

Her ult kinda helps when you use damage boost. But It still feels like it doesn’t do anything at all.

1 Like

it got moved!! Why is no post sacred!

oooof I just got on
why did it get moved

Would it be rude if I plugged my rebalance idea?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/mercy-re-balance-idea/130358?u=scarrken-1992

actually yes sorry… it’s crap anyway…

1 Like

oh wow, titaniums thread got moved.

also scarr don’t worry about it - all proposed changes are welcome :slight_smile: i’ll make it linked for you

2 Likes

Not a complete rework

My reasoning is that these changes would increase her skill ceiling, especially for Rez, while simultaneously removing the “unfun” parts of her kit.

All numbers are subject to change

Mercy
Guardian Angel

• Instead of a slingshot, Mercy will now be granted 0.75 seconds of free flight at double speed when jumping

Resurrect

• Now on a resource meter:
    Charges 1% per second passively
    Charges 1% per 3 damage amplified (300 damage for full meter)
    100% is required to use the ability
  • Cast time decreased by 1 second
  • Now once again an AoE, but can only target up to 3 people, 10m range and LoS required
  • If Mercy takes more than 35 damage or gets knocked back (any distance) while casting, it will be interrupted (loses all energy and goes on cooldown)
  • Voice line triggers immediately instead of when the ability is casted
  • Cooldown is now 10 seconds per target revived

Valkyrie

• Ultimate cost increased by 33%
  • Movement speed increased by 33% instead (9m/s > 7.33m/s)
  • Regeneration is no longer uninterruptable
  • Duration reduced from 15s to 5s
  • Now creates a burst of healing (120 over 2s, 10m range) upon activation to herself and her teammates (like Brig’s Inspire)
  • Guardian Angel: No longer requires a teammate, but its range is no longer increased.
  • Caduceus Staff: Increased healing and damage amp by 67%
  • Caduceus Blaster: No longer has infinite ammo, instead now it grants 30 additional ammo that can be spent even after the ult is over, and overshoots the ammo cap
    Fire rate increased by 33% (5 > 6.67)
  • Ressurect: Cooldown is refreshed upon activation
    Passive resource gain increased (1p/s > 6.67p/s, or 1/3 over the duration)
2 Likes

Oh look, it got moved. They moved it super fast too, probably because it’s so well written. Shameful.

2 Likes

Seriously I’ve never been a fan of the revert mercy threads, especially after her latest nerf. But it’s obvious that even the valk nerf wasn’t enough.

Just revert mercy then nerf her then, please. Rez as an ability will likely never be balanced. She will always be broken unless shes so useless that picking torbjorn on attack would be a better idea.

Mercy has been the best healer for the last 5 seasons and it wont stop until rez as an ability is gone. So for the sake of other healers, just revert mercy.

43 Likes

Rip Ana gone but not forgotten

13 Likes