[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

It would be nice to be acknowledged for saving lives on end cards with Critical Healing cards! :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I think Mercy (and healers in general) needs more cards. Itā€™s boring when itā€™s always ā€œX percentage of damage healedā€.

Uhm I could try to record it because it happens to me all the time, I mena I know how to reproduce it, hang on tight, Iā€™m not at home currently

1 Like

I NEED the hybrid GA beam target option. Iā€™ve been thinking for so long that would be helpful.

1 Like

Maybe also a higher chance to get PotG again? Same with ana. Brigitte, Moira, Lucio and even Zen get them but Mercy and Ana??? Pls fix that. We donā€™t need the 284782. dragon blade potgā€¦

Itā€™s much appreciated, I find visual aide often help people understand why something is an issue (kinda like my ā€œrez-rouletteā€ video). :slight_smile:

The system in general does seem to struggle with recognizing healing as play-making, and with characters that donā€™t have high dps itā€™s logical that i would result in fewer PotG. It would be nice if it could be changed, and I think this ties in to what I talked about earlier in the thread about making the game able to recognize critical/clutch healing and rewarding it.

I think this is your settings.

Under Mercy, go to Hero and youā€™ll see ā€œGuardian Angel Prefers Beam Targetā€

You can turn that off. Some people like it on because it allows you to GA backwards and even around corners.

Here it is!

I do use the default which has it turned on but I do like GA prefering the beam target since I tend to look around a lot when playing Mercy and finding your target can be a bit tricky sometimes, specially if itā€™s a hyperactive pharah

1 Like

Yeah it is a bit tricky to get use to.

I remember reading somewhere that

Prefer Beam On gives more movement (ie backwards and around corners) for Mercy.

Prefer Beam Off allows more straight forward movement and usually mean more healing since youā€™re not getting toggled back.

I wish that they would put that information in there. I mean I didnā€™t know until I watched a video by EeveeA and that post.

1 Like

Ah yes, Iā€™ve experienced that one many times as well. I guess the simplest solution to that would be having a minimum distance for GA to work? Like, you have to be at least 2 meters from the target or something like that.

1 Like

All you really have to do for that is have any teammate at a slightly higher elevation than you. You can even do it if an ally is just jumping when you ga to them. I donā€™t think they need to make it too much easier, it increases her skill ceiling (however slightly).

Actually, you can do it if you are level with each other too, but that is much more difficult and as of yet I have been able to do it only by accident.

Sometimes it triggers if thereā€™s an obstacle (like a box between you an a teammate. Or you catch on a wall (happens every time I ga to someone in a room. My head slams into the doorframe haha. )

1 Like

When I was trying to reproduce the backwards Guardian Angel it did throw me high up once, I donā€™t mind these but the problem is that they are so random that you have to be ready to react and sometimes a moving in the wrong direction can mean death

This would be a bit minor but I wish the UI showed the playerā€™s hero I was healing/boosting similar to Zenā€™s orb.

1 Like

Sure, I can add that to the OPā€¦ seems easy enough to implement. :slight_smile:

it shows you the name of the person but not the hero, youā€™re right! my bad

The spasm with guardian angel when youā€™re too close happens even if you have ā€œga prefers beam targetā€ turned off. Using guardian angel too close to an ally makes your character spasm violently. They should just have a minimum range requirement on it

2 Likes

Guardian Angel already has a minimum range. If they increase the minimum range some Angel bounces wonā€™t be possible anymore.