[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

I’d rather have ults nerfed.
Mechanical skill requirement and actual team work beyond pressing Q together would make the game much more fun.

And nothing. Team is still dead.

I’d be down with that. I’d just worry about it being similar to Nanoboost but with Mercy.

Which I agree with you on.

She needed a cast time of 1 second LOS checks like her defensive ultimate counterparts and she needed her Resurrect targets to be blocked by enemy barriers.

That’s 3 QOL nerfs that would make Resurrect fair to play against. That being said she just needed an E ability to help her in the mid fight in exchange for all the counter-play for Mass Resurrect.

3 Likes

You and I both know I’m not talking about the past.

She would be a must pick now if we brought this back.

The fact that we need one characters ult brought back to counter these problems says a lot.

You said it yourself, we need mass res to help balance things out. Wouldn’t she have to be in most of every game for that to work, hence bringing back the whole “we need a Mercy” thing?

6 Likes

Oh a Mercy thread, I actually enjoy reading these! I get to further understand a new perspective, and-

13 Likes

She would be in this meta though. The snipers and Junkrat are excellent right now. You know who has amazing synergy with them? Mercy. We gotta take into account the meta differences, and Mercy would be close to a must pick right now even if she was in her 1.0 form.

1 Like

Well yeah she and all the rest of the supports need their ultimates looked at. It’s not just Mercy. All supports (besides Ana because the context of her ultimate is different) should have some sort of impact in defending against enemy ultimate engages.

2 Likes

*Ahem.

Let me counter by saying:

• Statistics proved that Pre-Rework Mercy was balanced, both pick and win rate wise.

• Multi-Rez was easily countered by planning. Used two ults to wipe a team? Maybe you should’ve saved one for the follow up rez. Or, even better, you should’ve had 4 otehr ultimates to use afterwards, if you played your cards right. Meaning you should’ve had at least one, such as High Noon or DVa Nuke or even Dragonblade, ready to wipe the enemy as their rezzed, since they wouldn’t have the best coordination afterwards.

• Mercy was never a “must-pick” until after her rework. Before then, it was just Ana being weak and a lack of any other Main Healer that caused her to be picked more often. With the addition of Brigitte and Moira since then, you have more viable supports to choose, so you’d see less of Multi-Rez than before.

• The only viable argument against Multi-Rex given for her rework was “Hide and-Rez”, but that could’ve been removed by adding a LoS requirement. Other than that, all arguments given for the rework were idiotic or just plain incorrect. SR abuse? Wrong, that was already fixed just a weak before her stupid rework. Not fun to play against? Well, tell me, what Ultimate WAS fun to play against? And why should an enemy action be fun to play against? That ruins the point of the competitive aspect of the game. Overpowered, or made her a must pick? Again, statistics of her pre-rework pickrate and winrate proved that incorrect. Increased her skill cap? Nope. All it did was raise her skill floor. It actually made it so Mercy can do LESS for her team than before.

“Removing the ability to counter multiple ultimates with a single ultimate” IS a stupid argument for removing Multi-Rez. Should we delete Transcendence because it counter Grav-Dragon? Or remove EMP becasue it deletes Lucio’s Sound Barrier and Orisa’s Drum? Or Junkrat’s Riptire because it deletes Brigitte’s Rally armor and kills enemies through Transcendence? No. HAving ultimates that countered other ultimates was fine. You know what countered Mass Rez? A sombra EMP, or a High Noon, or well timed DVa nuke, or a Rocket Barrage onto teh rezzed enemies, or a good Genji Dragon Blade, or a well timed Earthhsatter…need i go on? No, there were many ways to counter Rez after it went off, so complaining about it countering other ultimates was a moot point, as a good team should’ve planned for such a thing before diving in with plans for only one way to beat the enemy.

9 Likes

I can agree with that, but Blizzard isn’t looking into other support ults.

Otherwise yes, I would love mass res back.

I miss it. :cry: I’m sorry for getting mad.

Your good Macster, no need to apologize😂

I loved it too.

We just can’t bring it back without changing a lot of things with it. Blizzard really needs to step it up on the speed of these updates.

If mass res returns, a lot of supports need tweaking👍

5 Likes

I disagree tbh. There support ults that you save fights with and support ults that you engage with. Right now Mercy, Brigitte, and Ana (although her’s doesn’t really fit into the categories bc it’s so different) are engagement ultimates and Zen and Lucio have the fight saver ults. Moira’s can be both situation depending. Now, I like how there are two different types of ultimates like that, but more fight saver support ults would be welcomed.

I miss it too, but instead of getting angry about forum responses I just end up muting lots of people on here :smirk:

2 Likes

Okay, I gave up long ago about the Revert Mercy thing… but this post is so freaking hypocritical and ignorant. The same exact thing could be said about those Hide and Rez Mercy 1.0
Oh, the team doesn’t bother to check the area when they know there’s a Mercy, and the flanker doesn’t bother to hunt her down.

If you are going to argue, make sure your arguments cant be used against you.

1 Like

The 3 QOL nerfs is want to see to Mass Resurrect would be

A 1 second cast time, LOS checks and blockable by barriers (which personally makes sense, if you can’t kill a hero behind a barrier you shouldn’t be able to Resurrect one behind one either)

That would be more than enough counterplay to deny her ALOT of Resurrects in a match.

For the counterplay a fun E ability to use that would either be Survivability based or more utility based. Personally I’d like utility because GA gives enough survivability with the mechanic that we have attached with it.

1 Like

Not a bad idea at all.

Only time will tell what happens.

I don’t think mass rez is something mercy needs back. It was frustrating for the opposing team and was spefiically changed because it didn’t feel great. Realistically, whether you agree with that or not, blizz isn’t going to revert it or bring it back in some manner.

They need to give her more to do however. She isn’t nearly as fast paced or as involved as most of the other healers which I think is what is a point of contention for a lot of people though.

Ready to get flamed. It always happes in these mercy threads xD.

1 Like

No Mercy just needed an E ability that gave her team utility to push in. She was fine with a defensive ultimate just needed adjustments to make it fair to play against. That’s it.

Rez as an ult never had a cast time, it was always instant. That shows how weak it was without invulnerability. She wound be guarantee her teammates coming back but was still in f tier.

2 Likes