[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

You feel an ult is gamechanging if it guarantees a push into no ults?

7 Likes

A safe push? Yes. It does counter a few ults, though. Depends on your and your team’s positioning. But, regardless, it’s balanced. You’re welcome to tell me ways you’d change it, but it can’t make Mercy any stronger than she is. She already has the highest healing output and the best mobility.

2 Likes

I am fine with single target rez. It makes more sense for the size of the teams OW has.

I do not like that it’s a CD. It IS OP, Ana’s E ability is the only thing I can think of that can hold a candle to it (being able to make Zen’s ult useless).

I also do not like that it’s almost like a; “Oh it’s alright you didn’t get that rez off, you get another chance in 30secs. And if you mess that up, guess what? You get another chance! You also get another chance if you succeed! It’s a win-win!”

Valk was proposed to be the great new ult to help Mercy make game changing plays and be powerful on the battlefield. I was excited since was going to be the first time I’d be playing Mercy!

…and then the next 3 Patch Notes came out.

8 Likes

This is actually a good point, at least. Part of it.

Rally Specifically is a GREAT Initiating Ultimate, Since it is Designed to Function as one.

But if we look closely, we see that it “Initiates” By “Healing” Or otherwise “Saving” Your team, Especially if they are on the brink of Collapse.

It’s great for Initiating when your team is healthy, but Just as great for saving them if they are in need.

Mercy’s “Valkyrie” Ultimate seems like it would, but still can’t Exactly out heal most High burst, And quite simply cannot “Keep your team up” As it should…

I personally would 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊 to see Mercy in a place where her Base Kit can keep her team alive Well, (As it arguably does kinda well already) But her Ultimate is about Digging your heals in, And trying to make Absolutely Sure your team is Saved.
(I feel like healing based on Connection time, such as with the beams just doesn’t hold up as an Ultimate, Whereas, A High Impact would be to Literally Revive whoever you can on the battlefield.)

7 Likes

ah! raise hand
what ult did Mercy’s Valk is a counter to? and if that include positioning, is it really the Valk that counters it, or is it the positioning that counters it?

6 Likes

Well, what you say it’s true. Except for the healing factor, the strongest is Moiras one, but yeah, Mercy is not that much behind so i’ll take it regardless.

I actually do like very much 2 ideas proposed by Macster and Silawatsi, they trade off some aspects of live Mercy so it should be good.

Silawatsi's proposal
Macster's proposal

Edit: had to fix Silawatsi’s quote as it bugged out the copy on importing it from the locked thread

7 Likes

I want to note that I’m answering you just because you seem a lil bit more reasonable than the rest

You said that Rez being single target is fine because of the size of the team in OW, which means you DO understand the value of rez itself, that said, you feel like it being on a cooldown feels cheap is that correct?

What if I told you that an ultimate also has a cooldown? since you generate ult charge passively in a veeeery slow manner, technically your ult has a cooldown which is ult charge req/passive ult gen, which is probably somewhere between 10 minutes to 15

That said you reduce this cooldown by taking actions, healing, dealing damage, even rezzing currently gives you ult charge, so we are presented now with an average cooldown for ults since during a game your ult charges and you can have an average if compared to several instances, Mercy’s cooldown for Valk is probably somewhere between 1 or 2 minutes

That said, Mass rez had this as well!, you didn’t earn your ult it was simply a rolling cooldown that was reduced thanks to your actions, healing is what Mercy does best so you weren’t really earning rez, you were just playing your hero and reducing mass rez cooldown

Now mass rez could bring back 5 people so naturally it has a bigger “cooldown”, what the dev team did was simply take the average time it took for Mass rez to be earned, divided it by 5 and applied it to the skill

It’s not that you get several chances to use Rez it’s just that Rez has a rate of use which success depends on your own strategy and planning, the cooldown is long enough for you to be wary of simply using it and to plan around it

3 Likes

That’s all well and good, and i DO Like your points about Passive Ultimate Generation… But a Single Rez, will never accomplish what a Multi Rez of Any Kind Ever did.

Which is Probably why a LOT Of Mercy players feel like it’s a Cheap side Ability.

They want to bring back it’s Overall usefulness, Not Gain it’s usefulness over a Long time, handed out in Pieces.

It’s handed out like Individual Reese’s Pieces. o-o
Rez’s Pieces. Help.

15 Likes

This is getting really absurd!

How have you not addressed the feedback that people don’t feel like she’s fun anymore??? Like FOR REAL!

16 Likes

Didn’t you know that problems disappear if you hide them under a carpet?

10 Likes

I wonder why they need two maxed out threads and another one filling up to figure out how to balance mercy

6 Likes

I have never in my life seen any single topic in a video game be handled in this fashion. You don’t have this many replies for this long and not say anything about it???

15 Likes

Well… fun fact, one of the qualities that you see on Blizzard games more then in others is that they tend to really care about their customers… they are losing costumers and reputation right now, they will have to do something sooner or later…

5 Likes

Perhaps they are just waiting to Drop it on us, And have us all run back to the game, since it’s Playable again? :thinking:

4 Likes

Sombra ARG all over again.

3 Likes

If you’re really listening, then say something about the topic so we actually know you’re listening, like, “We don’t want to do that because…” or “We are considering…” What’s keeping you? cmon, so many posts about this already.

6 Likes

I’m trying to write something since 10 minutes but i can’t find the words to write how much disappointed i’m at Blizz for this poor customer care. People are realizing that this is stupid, even the guys that don’t like Mercy can’t deny that not giving answers to a thread this large in months is bullsheep (censoring). Their reputation is going downhill, people are leaving and many are hating the devs for it…

Everything changed with the Overwatch league, they are selling their image instead of their product, it’s only natural that they are waiting some time before changing her to something better.

Try to imagine this: 2 weeks after the last nerf the devs would have come to the forum saying they where wrong and made a bad balancing patch. Their image to the grand public, streamers and kids following streamers and OWL would have been bad and their reputation would have dropped. The best way to handle that is by waiting more time, hiding all complaints in a closed space where people can express themeself without exploding on the internet and then when everything is done and past fixing it, if still needed.

Where did all things go wrong tho, the discussion isn’t dying… so people are actively thinking less of the devs and realizing they are not listened they make bad publicity to the game. That’s why things will have to change, no matter what.

5 Likes

You know what I dislike the most of the Mercy rework? How the skill gap was almost completely removed. Before the rework I could easily tell a Grandmaster and Diamond Mercy apart, but ever since the rework it’s been so hard to see the skill. Hell, during the Overwatch World Cup and OWL Stage 1 I couldn’t help but feel like my Gold level donkey could do a better job than half the Mercys I saw.

I can no longer see the skill difference between an average player like me and a professional player, how sad is that?

10 Likes

Jackpot dude… that’s exactly the worst feeling i have about this new Mercy, everyone can be good with it, it has no skill gap whatsoever…

3 Likes

I agree they aren’t listening to the mercy thread but i don’t think they aren’t listening at all, just look at the most recent ptr no more scatter and hanzo is going to feel better than ever bastion can’t be one shot by pulse bomb anymore and they already fixed lucio’s wallride in less than a weak so the current changes feel better for veterans

2 Likes