[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

She was not fine she was rather weak at this time.

Why so many top 500/gm were whining about boosted mercy mains ?
Because she was useless above platinum

Outside of her ult, Mercy plays the same as she was on day 1.

Personally, I still enjoy the steadily filling up the health bars of my teammates. It’s like pumping gas and watching a digital fuel gauge fill up, only it costs no money, very satisfying.

If you don’t find her fun now because of the ult rework, she was never your hero to enjoy.

4 Likes

Pick rates are a way to gauge popularity. People aren’t going to play something they don’t think is fun. Mercy is the 3rd most played hero. Obviously there are people out there that enjoy current mercy and it snot a small number. Why would they go off on making changes when it looks like the majority of the player base is happy with her?

This argument that they are still ignoring you somehow is so stupid. Its just the revert mercy base on this forum willfully ignoring the facts to promote their own agenda.

2 Likes

Thanks but no thanks ,mercy already took enough time out of the balancing team ( 2017 was basically dedicated to mercy) I’d rather they work on heroes who actually need it ,rather than dedicate yet another year to mercy.

1 Like

OH BOY!

I get to copy/paste an old thread of mine!

There are my arguments.

If you have the patience to address them, by all means, do so. I would love to find someone who actually forces me to revise them.

4 Likes

To be clear, Jeff did NOT respond to the megathread.
Instead after Jeff responded, Tom merged the thread over to the mega thread. So that was the sequence of events.

5 Likes

I feel as though she is like objectively more fun than she was during the huge rez era. Her base kit is the same - heal beam, damage beam, pistol, guardian angel - but they also added new movement mechanics (skipping over targets), a very powerful E ability, and an ultimate that literally allows you complete control in the air while healing and damage boosting your entire team AND the ability to chase people down with your pistol for 15 seconds.

5 Likes

Damn, didn’t realise that, that’s even worse!

5 Likes

At the end of the day what must be realized and accepted by the Mercy community is the Developers approach.

Your view of what is important, is factually irrelevant, as per Jeff’s response.

It is imperative that you see their perspective, as that is the lens through which they are viewing Mercy.

3 Likes

Do you think Mercy 1.0 skill ceiling was extremely higher than current Mercy? If anything I would say current Mercy has a higher skill ceiling because there is more for her to do now as ooposed to just healing, power boosting and pressing Q on time to bring everyone back.

Just look at her kit now. Her ult takes way more skill and positional awareness. Heals/powerboost is the same, and rez is now a solo rez but with a little risk involved.

Mercy 2.0 takes way more skill if you ask me.

Also, I never know what these Mercy threads want for Mercy. I mean, is it a revert? Is it another rework? You guys rarely ever specify what it is Mercy needs, apart from always saying she’s not “fun” any more.

Which leads me on to my final point. When a Hero is the 3rd most picked hero in the game, and someone says she’s not “fun” any more, who’s int he right and who’s in the wrong? Are all of those Mercy players playing her and not having fun? Or are the Mercy mains who make these posts on the forum falsely speaking on behalf of all Mercy mains?

I guess if I had to ask one question and one qustion only to keep it simple, it’s why do some of you pro-revert Mercy mains keep saying she’s not fun, when she’s currently the 3rd most played hero? What evidence or survey do you base this claim on that she’s not fun any more? Fun is a very subjective feeling, so there should be some kind of evidence to support the case of her not being fun for all Mercy players, which I have never seen.

7 Likes

Interesting to see people coming and still insisting we’re wrong.

The issue is that the devs are so out of touch with what their community, the people that buy and play their game, want and need.

They haven’t the faintest idea of what our issues are. What Jeff said is literally the exact same as a comment we got not long ago;

“Her pickrate is fine. She’s viable. We aren’t changing her.”

Literally, I can remember him saying that a few months ago. It’s the exact same thing and it shows they’re ignoring us completely. Say we’re whining if you will, devs shouldn’t be ignoring mass amounts of feedback on any given hero.

You don’t get to pick and choose who you ignore and who you don’t - you have to treat all heroes, and the players that love them, EQUALLY. (Or at least close to it.)

5 Likes

Statistical data isn’t relevant to the complaints. It addresses an argument that doesn’t exist.

How a hero feels to play isn’t something that can be illustrated by only statistics, and only a specific type of statistic can be used to determine how a hero feels to play: pickrates in fields in which viability isn’t a greater concern than how fun a hero is.

The only statistic that is therefore relevant to us when addressing our complaints? Quickplay pickrates. Mercy’s is currently at 5.6%. Prior to the rework? 12% at any given time.

A loss of half of a hero’s casual playerbase in a few months is certainly a heavy indicator as to how fun that hero is relative to how fun they used to be.

5 Likes

Jeff’s response does not indicate our feedback is important in the slightest. He talks about pick rate and win rate, not the slightest about our feedback. He actually didn’t even reply in the megathread itself, Tom Powers moved his post from another thread into the megathread. If Mercy is closed book then close the megathread and let discussion continue normally with the rest of the forum (should something be created about Mercy). There’s been plenty of Brigitte and Sym threads lately but they haven’t got a dedicated megathread.

5 Likes

It was purely for the fun factor. People HATED playing against him, so they changed him.

1 Like

I never knew I could get more disappointed in a dev team until now. Even EA listens more than them. They took the feeback from Battlefront 2 and actlully fixed the game. Blizzard at the moment is worst than EA for me. They say they listen, but they really don’t. They just want to shut us up to make themselves happy.

6 Likes

I know what I want. An option to play the old Mercy. Doesn’t really matter if everyone wants that since they won’t have to use that option. Would be nice if they could at least respond that they’re considering something like that for people who miss it.

3 Likes

They did it the first time to “try to make her better and more fun for everyone”.

The aftermath was the most broken OP hero this game has ever seen, and took half a year to fix.

It’s a little understandable if they’re a little hesitant to put faith in the “fun” argument for a second go around.

1 Like

I just wanna play the game i Originally Bought and Fell in love with as well.

I used to be a Bastion Main. -.-

2 Likes

Because of an SR exploit associated with chasing Resurrections rather than increasing the team’s chances of winning by participating. This was then blown way out of proportion to the point of becoming a meme.

That’s why players complained about “boosted Mercy mains”.

I was GM for 3 consecutive seasons before going inactive due to the rework and it’s successive patches. Your argument is contradicted by the existence of myself and many other players who were in GM at the time.

11 Likes

tbf, Moira might have something to do with it.

This is Quickplay; it is a ****fest. If I had to choose between a pacifist in glorified deathmatch (Mercy), a team oriented character where there is no teamwork (Ana), and a healer/DPS hybrid (Moira), I’d pick Moira.

I dont play main healer, so I could be wrong, but I’d guess that would be a common thought process among them.