[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Yep, took a few hours for it to close though

222 more posts to go. Let’s do this!

Honestly this song reminds me of old Mercy. Makes me cry knowing the glory days when the game was fun are actually gone.

Here are the lyrics if someone feels the urge to sing along:

Seems like it was yesterday when I saw your face
You told me how proud you were, but I walked away
If only I knew what I know today

I would hold you in my arms
I would take the pain away
Thank you for all you’ve done
Forgive all your mistakes

There’s nothing I wouldn’t do
To hear your voice again
Sometimes I wanna call you
But I know you won’t be there

Ooh I’m sorry for blaming you
For everything I just couldn’t do
And I’ve hurt myself… by hurting you

Some days I feel broke inside but I won’t admit
Sometimes I just wanna hide 'cause it’s you I miss

And it’s so hard to say goodbye
When it comes to this

Would you tell me I was wrong?
Would you help understand?
Are you looking down upon me?
Are you proud of who I am?

There’s nothing I wouldn’t do
To have just one more chance
To look into your eyes
And see you looking back

Ooh I’m sorry for blaming you
And I’ve hurt myself, oooo-ooh
If I had just one more day
I would tell you how much that I’ve missed you
Since you’ve been away

Ooh, it’s dangerous
It’s so out of line
To try and turn back time

I’m sorry for blaming you
And I’ve hurt myself by hurting you…

2 Likes

There is song named “Killing the mercy”…

1 Like

I bet Geoff and Jeff sit together on the couch in front of their fireplace, take a cold beer, open it and FRICKIN PLAY THIS SONG ON BASS BOOSTED 300% VOLUME

4 Likes

One of the rules of the forums is to not ignore Feedback. I don’t want to cause any alarm here, but so far there hasn’t been any official response from the devs to any of the tens of thousands of feedback given for Mercy.

I was wondering, devs? Have you guys been disregarding our Mercy feedback threads? I don’t really feel like my feedback has been taken under consideration. In fact, I believe that we are being actively ignored - For the past few years of posting in these topics. Any word on the current state of Mercy and our suggestions on how she could be improved?

“This was a huge success”

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

8 Likes

Woo! I think I just found my least favourite song!

Please do not kill the Mercy ;~;
I am but a simple healer, trying to get by.

1 Like

Then you will dislike this.

Okay, let’s see:

Well, the part about the beam breaking I kinda already explained my view. I have toyed with the thought of a heal beam which can be “charged” like Zarya’s, but the implementation of if would take quite a bit of crunching the numbers to get it in a place where it is balanced without being too strong in higher tiers while being too weak in lower.

Removing rez completely is a difficult move to make considering how intrinsically it’s tied with Mercy’s character. I do think it would be for the best that it stayed, but if it has to be her E they should rework the mechanic from the ground up. Have it be applied pre-death or something like that.

My gripe with Valkyrie is that it’s not really a break from what she does already most of the game (beaming someone) so I would prefer for it to be something unique (this does not have to be Mass Rez though). I would also prefer a burst ultimate myself.

If you haven’t seen it already I also suggest going to Titanium’s thread and scroll down to where the ability Pacify is suggested, it sounds really fun and a great way for Mercy to have some mid-fight ability!

I am very confused on what is happening there

Mercy needs another rework. Maybe this.

6 Likes

If nothing is gonna change at least let me choose which ult line I wanna use, i like both, ‘heroes never die’ and ‘I will watch over you’

I fully agree!! I love that idea!!

1 Like

Same. Altho heroes never die doesn’t fit valkyrie. As they do. Because 50 hps aint saving them from tire/blade/barrage/any other dps ult

4 Likes

True that 20 characters

Exactly, I wouldnt want that line with an ult that quite frankly lets heroes die

1 Like

“I will watch over you” is more appropriate since that’s pretty much all you can do with valk.

2 Likes

O hi megathread o /

bye megathread o /

1 Like

Different explanation is that Mercy means that she is only hero, and flies away. So she survives.

1 Like

Hey Kiwi! I see you’re rustling a few feathers? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: