[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

One can dream.

Maybe they got scared of being called out on silencing the Mercy-players and left this open to distract us.

The Titanium Ideas on changes ( modified revert ) for Mercy just sound good… It just seems like common sense to implement them rather than keeping Mercy’s current failed state.

6 Likes

Let’s be real: I wouldn’t want to talk to some guy who crapped on me when I didn’t respond to him. Insulting someone just makes that someone more inclined to not engage.

They’ve acknowledged mercy players multiple times, just with things people don’t want to hear. I’m 100% sure they have people compiling forum feedback that aren’t the head devs themselves.

And, at the end of the day, if they disagree with feedback they’re not obligated to respond to every single feedback they don’t agree with with an explanation why. It’s almost a guarantee they’ve seen Titanium’s post. And, at this point, they haven’t responded. Either they’re
-Making changes to Mercy as we speak and don’t want to get people’s hopes up until what they’re doing is concrete
-they just don’t agree with the proposed changes.

Bring back our hero devs

Revert Mercy and all will be fine again.

We need a response, we need open communication with the devs, the community deserves to be heard and answered. Even if the Devs say something we dislike or disagree with, it’s better than silence.

2 Likes

That ship has sunk. They haven’t bothered engaging with us even when we are nice to them.

3 Likes

I agree. I’ve been getting by on my love GA to sustain me through this rework, but it really would be better to adapt the routes proposed by Titanium.

Since this thread is definitely going to reach 20K post limit today…

And this will probably be my final post here…

I want to thank everyone for this amazing Mercy Memethread. It’s been really fun social experiment to follow recently!

I’m actually kinda sad that endless locking and few minute posting windows are over. It was fun how everyone rushed in to post their memes and… what do you mean? That wasn’t purpose of this thread? Oh…

Either way, i genuinely mean that it’s been fun. But all good things must come to an end, i guess.

So see you on next feedback thread… if there is any. Actually, I hope there isn’t. This kinda didn’t work out as intented. So i’m hoping maybe we could actually just post on main forums now, and maybe that feedback is listened. Lot of us are actually reasonable, and will stop posting when something is done. That’s all i gotta say, really.

Sincerely,
~KVKH

6 Likes

Who eles is here because aria rose posted about it and you were like wait will my suggestion to make the hero fun again be read by a Dev and maybe then they’ll make her not suck

3 Likes

Luckily there are not many sunken ships because much of this community is far more caring then it sometimes gives itself credit for.

But there are always outliers…

This is coming from a Mercy main who almost always still ends up with gold healing at the end of the game, Mercy does not feel impactful in my opinion. With her ult right now i find that i have to use it when 3-5 teammates are alive (even then it does not guarantee a win to the fight) or else its useless. GA is the only thing fun about her at this point including bunny hop and super jump. Her rez on E is powerful but you have to hide and stop healing your team which for me usually means someone else usually ends up dieing. Please if the devs are reading this read Titanium’s thread, its beautifully thought of and its the top forum of all time for a reason!

4 Likes

Hopefully it’s not locked by then

Not me I just happened to be in thread when it opened and thought here’s my chance.

1 Like

I also would like to observe the biggest “perceived” problem I have seen on this thread and many others around it. This is that Mercy doesn’t feel too good as she cannot make the BIG hero plays like she used to. The Resurrection Ultimate Ability was a darn fun ability, it “felt” good to the player playing it at the time it was being used. It had the unfortunate effect though of completely wiping the results of a team fight for the opposing team, and that did NOT feel too good.

If there is anything that I think Blizzard can do to really make the entire community happy is to rework Resurrection as an ultimate ability again somehow. However, I don’t see how this can be done without either making Mercy extremely difficult to play or making her overpowered. Valkyrie right now is fairly balanced, but it makes Mercy more of an annoying moth. I would love to see Valkyrie and the Resurrect ability combined somehow to make the ultimate ability a high risk/high reward feature. Something that can turn around a losing team fight, but is countered with a skillful play by the opponents.

Did I just comment about hero balance? What is wrong with me today… lulz.

3 Likes

Soooooooo…can we fix Mercy? Take rez off of E and say that we have messed up? This has caused way more toxicity than it should have and no one liked the Mercy meta…please make her kit flow with how fast she is. Or at least make the one rez instant in an ult, yeah?

2 Likes

#BringBackOurHero
#JusticeForTitanium

6 Likes

I beg to differ. The last time was months ago and all Jeff said was “Her pick and winrate are fine so we are not looking at her”, which is a problem because no one in the thousands of threads was talking about those things. We were talking gameplay.

And even that “”“reply”"" came after another few months of complete silence.

Yes but it would do a hell of a lot to reduce the “Mercy Spam” you guys seem to hate so much? If mercy-players get a reply from the Devs with actual reasons why their suggestions and feedback wouldn’t word because of X,Y and Z, then the next time anothe rmercy-player makes a post, they can fill them in on what the devs said. Its healthy communication.

What we get? months and months of radio-silence that leaves us wondering if they aren’t listening, are listening and don’t care, or are doing something about it behind the scenes, which leads to frustration and toxicity. Its no’t rocket science.

3 Likes

700 posts to guys keep it up <3

2 Likes

I think it is better to just make her ultimate hard to play. With an easy base kit you can do your job on a team, but it will take practice to make the most of your Ultimate at that will be far more rewarding to accomplish than being an “annoying moth” as the current Mercy is a sad waste of rare to find excellent Intellectual Property.

3 Likes