[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

I Hope this is true… Because right now, this thread seems like ignored, and even each Mercy thread…

Anyway, Mercy Need a Revert or a Rework, but this was said a million times by other people… Resurrect as a normal ability can’t work properly, It needs to be an ult again

8 Likes

If only that were true. As James here said, why have Mercy mains been ignored for nigh on a year now? None of our feedback has been remotely discussed.

I’m starting to wonder if the best solution to this problem would be to end the megathread and make hero/role subforums instead, at least categories can’t be flagged? I don’t honestly know what is really motivating some flagging but by guessing it’s either the merged posts/threads which have been flagged causing this megathread to be flagged, or alternatively some players who have become annoyed with no actual official discussion of feedback after a year.

6 Likes

Not now, James. We are dealing with more important issue right now.

1 Like

I hope they pay you extra for this Tom! Phew, that’s a lot of work here…

1 Like

Can you maybe just disable the flagging feature on this thread?? It’s like watching a tennis match. Back and forth. Closed. Open. Closed. Open. Someone got in a comment, what a play! Closed. Open.

10 Likes

Yeah thanks. So why throw all the feedback people provide into this void together with trollposts? People have given you over the past months tons of stuff to think about. Yet detailed posts go unanswered into this thread just like ridiculous nerf and trollposts.
A lot of us have put effort into finding a good and balanced way for Mercy but you ignore us all. Why do you pretend to care if you never answer us or do anything about the issue?

23 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 24 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Oh hello again everyone. Let’s continue our discussions, before we get interrupted :laughing:

7 Likes

Tbh I dont really know what to write anymore. I wrote down my opinion several times and nothing happens. Just one megathread after the other. Anyway have fun discussing stuff.

6 Likes

Thanks for trying to fix this mess in the forums, that’s appreciated. Please, fix that blasted flag system. Censorship shouldn’t be a weapon for a bunch of toxic randoms.

My feedback? Valk makes Mercy too easy to play and removes both a lot of skill and her weaknesses because it guarantees her own survivality while allowing her to not bother anymore of prioritise her targets. Also, E rez is unbalanceable and doesn’t fit with the concept of Mercy as a mobile support. If you want to fix her, just bring back her old and real ult, change it and bring her a new E ability. Rez can’t be removed because it’s 1/3 Mercy’s identity, 100% her signature together with its voice line which can’t fit with valkirie and has lore, poses, sprays, potgs and even real statues around it. It’s also the main reason of why Mercy is so unique and well known in and out of the game, so removing it is out of question. Mercy needs to not be so good in every situation, unlike this rework has done just by design. She needs some weaknesses back. She was a single target support and she was supposed to be engaging, not to fly out of range or behind a wall.

Bring back a new iteration of mass rez, replace E rez for something healthier and better, and keep the rest of her current kit. That’s all.

11 Likes

I’m not going to complain because you finally managed to fix this thread (kudos btw!) but I’m a bit upset you disrupted my ongoing friendmance with Jelly in the other Mercy mega. :joy:

2 Likes

I never realized the false flagging was This Bad… :hushed:

Guess there’s at least a point to be taken from this turn of events.

You could almost lure Jelly into your bunny religion! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Never played Fortnite and dont plan too. Dont care for the art direction or battle royale games (but I wish Epic would release another Unreal Tournament that isnt the “alpha” trash they now). I only play one game and its Overwatch which is all I have time for these days and this isnt my main account. The last single player game I enjoyed/played was Alien which was incredible.

That said…I am extremely excited for the Resident Evil 2 remake that is coming out. It looks amaaaaazing but I am bummed its hitting Playstation first since I have PC only.

Who says I already didn’t? :smiling_imp:

All hail bunnies and ducks!

5 Likes

Some old posts were banned long ago. False flagging was real, but this time that people has gone too far I think.

Too late, Jelly is having too much fun😂

I have no idea why I said that.

Continuing the discussion from [Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018:

Well, my opinion is that sharing my feedback about Mercy achieves nothing other than to further meaningless discussions that are ignored by the people they are meant for. I see no evidence of Blizzard caring about suggestions and feedback that is given about Mercy lest said suggestions/feedback come from a professional Overwatch player or a youtube streamer.

I find Blizzard’s treatment of feedback on the topic to be disrespectful to the playerbase, and downright detrimental to the game. I also find Blizzard’s public statements about Mercy to be deceitful and manipulative. Additionally, I find Blizzard’s prideful reluctance to admit mistakes to be disrespectful to the community even though it is blatantly obvious that the Mercy rework has been a failure. The rework did not achieve more engaging and fun game-play, instead it created an overpowered hero that you had to nerf repeatedly and who still dominates the current meta. The many insults and much of the hate directed towards Mercy mains (of which I have experienced quite a bit) is partly the responsibility of Blizzard and the choices you have made regarding this hero (the other part of the responsibility is of course the toxic community).

Blizzard: the way you have decided to deal with feedback and with design choices in this game has made me lose my respect for you as a company.

11 Likes

My thoughts exactly😂

1 Like