[Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

I find it bizarre that people were so adamant about her finally being balanced, and now she is like so incredibly OP and needs fixed. Lol

Hmm, to think about it, minefield would be really nice way to counter mass res.

After a long time I would as well endure the toxicity of this player base to play the true Mercy again.
Flying rezbot is a mistake…
Will always be a mistake…
And there will never be a fix for that…

5 Likes

mmmmh

it might be too much to hope for but maybe?

first is the torb rework tho so it wont be for a few months still

I dunno if they announced another rework too?

Now after seeing some of my posts, I’m not really sure if I wrote them here or in another thread with was thrown to the megatrash.

Go to the image section and you’ll find what you need :smile:

2 Likes

Well, of course, people’s opinions are too many. Some think she is op, some think her real problem is her design which is simply bad. It seems the rework and the revert options are becoming more popular (specially the first one), so I hope Blizz will do something about that, instead of just wreck her more than she is. Also, the nerf crowd is very loud, as always, but after 8 pointless nerfs, I hope Blizz had learn something about trying to balance bad designs from the past…

Yes, people want an E ability, BUT which is good design and can be balanced. Resurrect is bad design as an E ability because it’s unhealthy for absolutely everyone. Mercy must hide and rez, interrupting her game and stopping her job, turning into a immobile character when she is by definition a mobile support. Her team is rewarded, okay, but she undoes stupid mistakes, so she reward bad plays/players, and if she is going to rez someone, she can’t heal her team, so they are at their fates (she leaves them to die!). Finally, the enemy team can just pile up ults for instant win. A great example of this is the current grav + dragon meta.

So no, Resurrect has no placement as an E ability in this game. It needs to be her ultimate again no matter how it comes back to that placement. Resurrect was, will and still is Mercy’s real ultimate. Valkirie is nothing but an unhealthy ez mode. It hurts to say this, but Seagull is right about this. Mercy is easier. Why? Because of Valkirie and E rez. One lowers her skill ceiling to the floor and the other forgives bad game.

No proof of that. In fact, according to what people are calling for, it could come back. It is clear that Mercy’s rework made her straight unhealthy and nerfs can’t change that.

Finally, stop saying that, because you can’t fool anyone here. Valkirie was horrible and it was removed for good before game’s release, the same as current rez’s mechanic. Everyone forgot that nightmare days (until this rework brought them back). It was never coming back. Here we are now, with an unbalanceable kit, bad design and unhealthy for everyone. Compared with this, mass rez was a heaven’s gift.

Just because you have a personal opinion, doesn’t mean it’s the truth. Sorry, but we have compiled plenty of facts, numbers and opinions, and the results are quite the opposite. Mass rez was fine. It needed some tweaks because it had some problems. The vast majority of the people loved it and wants it back. Valkirie and E rez has caused a great harm to the entire game and still are. Grav + Dragon meta could have not existed if it had a real counter (aka mass rez). Resurrect needs to be Mercy’s ultimate again. Both her E and Q need a rework. This rework is the worst thing Blizz has ever done.

Well, I’m not watching those thread, but if they are really acknowledging that it’s all the rework’s fault, then that’s good at least. Another reason for not keeping this cancerous design and rework it.

Short answer. No. But they want their game to become pick your dps hero to win the game and the potg, you know.

If Mercy had her good design mass rez back…

I can only hope that’s true, but who knows how Blizz’s minds work… Why they gave her this rework when it was sentenced to fail since before game’s release? I still don’t know.

Anyway, if that happens, I’ll come back to the game. Also, the megathread would surely die I think, so they would get rid of a problem too. I believe we can agree that many people is upset with how they are treating us, with all these megathreads (is this the ninth or tenth?).

5 Likes

[quote=“Lithy-2614, post:13929, topic:78889, full:true”]Resurrect is bad design as an E ability because it’s unhealthy for absolutely everyone. Mercy must hide and rez, interrupting her game and stopping her job, turning into a immobile character when she is by definition a mobile support. Her team is rewarded, okay, but she undoes stupid mistakes, so she reward bad plays/players, and if she is going to rez someone, she can’t heal her team, so they are at their fates (she leaves them to die!).
[/quote]

lmao this is literally Mass Rez

Hello?

Edit: quote fail

No, most of that stuff comes only with E res, other stuff was optional with Mass Res and showed bad Mercy players.

Was optional with Mass Res and a very bad way to play her. A by Youtubers/Streamers forced opinion and playstyle which only exists because of the SR exploit.

Only on E res. Mass Res never stoped her gameplay or forced her to not do her main job.

Gameplay contradiction which only applies to E res. Mercy’s old kit was as Fluid as a river.

Mass Res didn’t rewarded bad players or plays, but teamplay and coordination and that for all 12 players in a Match. Also, the old Mercy’s focus was on keeping the team alive while the focus now is only on keeping yourself alive, because of E res.

E res is a completely different deal than Mass Res and that only in bad ways.

4 Likes

At the beginning it was basically high risk, high reward - but if you didn’t use it in the right tiime, you lost it and you were dead, along with your revived teammates ;p

That’s what I’m saying, E res is so situational and precise that you can’t really make any mistakes with it. You could mess up a Mass Res with bad timing. Failing E res is almost impossible as soon as you know how to use it, which is very easy to learn because it really is only one sentence you need to know.

Almost, because sometimes enemies like to spawn out of nowhere xd

Your right. E res is also 85% gambling.

I fail rez all the time - sometimes people show up around corners with stuns ready, sometimes I knowingly do risky rezzes because the situation demands it, sometimes I’m unlucky and get headshot by a random Hanzo arrow from across the map…

Most of my rezzes are fine, but it’s certainly not always a success.

And that’s how it should be. Always perfect reses would be OP.

Or that previously unseen Widoguette standing a mile away.

I think you have to learn not to use it in that case, is most of the time the better option anyway.

As soon as you get that “save or not” thing in your head almost all ress will work.

Well, as the pros said - be “selfish” about it.

You know, if people truly want to see Mercy’s pick-rate go down we should try to bring back the tank meta. Mercy doesn’t do well in metas where people are clumped together (no good GA targets to avoid flankers or other enemies) and a lot of big health pools needing healing simultaneously. How do we bring back tank meta?

• Nerf Hanzo’s damage (he and Doomfist are the two heroes that most frequently make me switch off tank)
  • Make Brigitte unable to stun through shields
  • Increase Ana’s nade radius somewhat
  • Make Moira able to heal through shields again
  • Give some speed boost back to Nano
  • Give D.VA a second more DM but lower her damage on her missiles a bit in compensation
  • Give Rein a new ability on his reload key that lets him fortify his shield for a short duration, making it stronger and able to recharge while holding it up

Just some ideas to nerf Mercy’s pick-rate rather than Mercy herself. I would love to be able to play more Ana!

cries for nerfs intensifying

its annoying that he doesnt even consider old mercy

3 Likes

He and Seagull always hated Mercy, so I’m not sure why you are posting it here ;p