[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

I think allowing full movement during the cast. would be a good start. The next point is that we need to tackle the problem “only with dead teammates”, that’s actually quite easy. We give the res a burst heal for teammates which are still up. On top of that maybe a selfheal buff over a short time.
I would recommend my suggestion.

Resurrect suggestion

All movement abilitys are still available over the ~1.75 s cast time (Melee, Caduceus Blaster, Caduceus Staff blocked for 1.75s). Revived allies start with 100HP and regenerate 350HP with 70HP/s.

If Resurrect hits an ally which is still alive, it regenerates their HP instantly and they get the self heal buff as well (A total of 130 HP/s for one if Mercy is healing as well). Resurrect can heal up to 2050HP max in 5s.

Resurrect can now be used without dead allies and Mercy get’s full health and the 70HP/s for 5s (no invulnerability).

That gives you a reason to use it in the mid fight as well and if you combo it with, let’s say Ana, you can do some amazing heals as well. You still could go for the Mass Res but the focus would be way more in the mid fight.

But a cast time of 1.75 is way to long. I think 1.0 or 1.25 is the way to go.

I just avoid Rez in those “bait” situations. Sure I have the urge to Rez, but I just say no. Me staying alive on Mercy is more important then Rezzing.

My point exactly. I notice often that if I die, the team goes next.

2 Likes

Closing in on 20k posts.

This is where feedback goes to die.

Looks like Valkyrie will never feel more impactful and engaging, and I shudder to think about what will be done to Mercy since her pickrate seems to be rising in OWL.

2 Likes

They will most likely create another trash bin… Where else would they put all the Mercy threads they want to ignore :upside_down_face:? If they don’t make a new one, I think we can rest assured that they are doing something with her… Hopefully.

Hey all, a continuation of this topic has been made here.

This thread was near its post cap.

Thank you.

3 Likes

DON’T use any of the old versions of mass rez. Instead:

AoE rez in 12 meters (same as Lucio’s new aura)

.8 second cast time (for reference, the stun duration on Mcree’s flashbang is .7 seconds). If Mercy gets stunned or killed during the cast, rez doesn’t go through and Mercy loses all of her ult charge.

Line of Sight required. No casting through walls or around corners.

No invulnerability. Rez instead releases a 250hp burst heal to all still-living allies (and Mercy) after she finishes casting rez. This shifts rez to be a midfight ult, like Trance or Sound Barrier. Mercy would still need at least one corpse to use rez.

If Mercy uses this version of rez too late in the fight (e.g. hide n rez), she’s more likely to die during casting than actually get off a successful rez. The burst heal makes it much more profitable to stay with the team instead of slinking away before you use your ult.

28 Likes

I think this is a decent suggestion. Anything to prevent idiot players from hiding is always a bonus.

11 Likes

She’d need a pretty strong E ability to make up for how niche her ult would be with this change. LOS requirement AND a cast time AND a smaller range means that Rez would be best used to counter things like Grav Combos, which is exactly one of the reasons she was reworked in the first place…

4 Likes

Hey agreeing I mean, even Mercy mains in the first place would tell you they’re ok with a way to prevent and hide and rez. Having the rez itself is fine. Then it all comes down to strategies to stop her from rezzing.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that tempo rezzing is just as strong as Huge Rez in the long run.

12 meters would work fine for tempos, and the burst heal is intended to further incentivize a tempo rezzing playstyle.

As for an E ability, I’d really look forward to Mercy being able to do more for her team than just beams and rez. Having more cooldown management in mercy’s kit would be fun, too.

No mass Rez is unfun to play against. An Ult should not be able to undo teamwork and coordination with one button press.

1 Like

That’s the nature of ults and everyone has them so I mean is this really the game for you if that’s problematic for you?

7 Likes

You don’t need to stop Mercy from Rezzing. If you can’t click on her head, there’s always dealing with the aftermath of Rez with another ult.

3 Likes

Rez is a bad concept for a FPS game. What has been killed should stay dead.

2 Likes

mass rez is not coming back in any iteration.

1 Like

Good thing Overwatch doesn’t really fit into the fps genre, then. It’s a team-based shooter that is heavily influenced by MOBAs.

But I’ve heard that revives are in traditional fps games, too.

4 Likes

No, if anything its a creative way to spice things up a little. Everyone who says res doesnt belong in the game just doesnt know how to balance current res. The are so many ways of doing so that have been said countless times in all of those threads.

1 Like

Hey I don’t see a thing I disagree with, I mean missuse of words from me here. I meant. Saving a Soldier, McCree, anyone’s ult in case Mercy ults was and should still be a thing.