[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

Honestly I seen Mercys doing really well still in my matches. I think the healing is balanced, sure Moira feels like the best healer these days but Mercy’s ult is way more helpful than Moira’s overall. She is not in need of help as much as Ana either.

5 Likes

Blizzard won’t say anything because the way ANY forum player base reacts to anything but “yes, we’ll act on your concerns” people start flipping their $#!% and claiming the developer isn’t listening.

Fact is, what we really do is start and stoke a fire to call attention to a problem using smoke signals. They then do some investigating to see if there is an actual problem or if we’re just blowing smoke, heh. But in general, the more people sending signals, the more likely there is an actual problem, even if it is just a perceived problem.

Despite the sheer number of avid Mercy fans, general consensus by anybody else still seems to err towards “she’s fine.”

7 Likes

I.e. The whole core argument of this thread grasping a strained misinterpretation of developer comments in order to gin up some sense of broken promises.

8 Likes

Good thing she still see’s a ton of play, and is not ‘toned down’ too much.

Guess we are good to close this out. Since she is fine.

15 Likes

You are seriously the definition of cognitive dissonance.

4 Likes

Clearly Mercy is too weak.

9 Likes

Mercy main here.

Statistically and mechanically, Mercy is balanced and is still seeing a lot of playtime and reasonable winrates–just not at the meta-defining must-pick level we’ve had to deal with for half a year.

Mercy being unfun to play (which I agree with, don’t get me wrong) is very, very, very low on the priority list compared to characters who have been in crap-tier for ages.

Let’s get Hanzo, Symmetra, and Torbjorn reworked into more viable and flexible heroes. Let’s get the bugs Reinhardt and Doomfist players have had to deal with for months finally ironed out. Let’s make Sombra relevant again.

Any changes we’d like to see to Mercy will be out of a desire for a fresh playstyle, not out of necessity.

28 Likes

She is in a neutral state right now, and there are heroes actually in the garbage they are addressing currently. They will return to her.

For now, get over yourselves, they don’t owe you anything. It’s a big roster, guess what, sometimes people wait for changes.

There are other games if you really are incapable of dealing or playing any other hero

4 Likes

I don’t get what this thread is even about. Clearly, as Jeff has stated, “the rework was a success.”

/s

12 Likes

I think they’re pretty happy with Mercy now.

6 Likes

Doesn’t she have a pretty good pick/winrate?

2 Likes

She is in a state where she is viable and good but absurdly boring to play has

3 Likes

i think it’s safe to say they’re happy with the rework. Her pickrate is not mandatory nor is she trash tier. They also made a comment about the ‘revert’ not ever happening so there’s that.

2 Likes

So, like Mercy 1.0, but even better?

Tell me what actually changed in her play style.

8 Likes

Her Ultimate…

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

15 Likes

How did her ultimate change her play-style so much while she doesn’t have it?

1 Like

They could buff the healing on her ult a bit if they won’t give back at least ONE instant res. Not even saying it needs to reset when Valk activates just being able to have 1 in the midst of a battle would be nice.
That or more healing would be great. Too many times I’ll use Valk in a team fight and not be able to compensate for the damage being done.

1 Like

You really changed your name to RevertMercy, huh? That’s too good.

3 Likes

Jeff: “I have altered the deal, pray I do not alter it any further”

3 Likes

I did not know they removed all of her abilities when they changed what happens when you press Q.

Strange

5 Likes