[Feedback Thread Continued] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018

I kept a spreadsheet for my SR gains and losses and posted them on the forums for weeks when we said SR was broken. I was gaining on average 17 SR and losing on average 22. Later someone said they were getting good SR ratios with mass rezz and thats when all the BS started but I never changed my playstyle during that time because I like having a positive winratio XD

Dude from reading your posts I would guess you either have:

1. Strict parents like me or
  2. Attended private school like I did

:joy:

I used to make some good pocketmoney with literature pieces as a teen

Your argumentations and presentations are really well presented and written

Also just played some games with friends on this alt. I outhealed a mercy as ZEN and later I went DVA for a bunch of matches and I was SOOOOOOO happy a friend played ANA. He kept sleeping a widow at max range and he kept me in my mecc as I super agressively countered a pharah out of the sky. The bust heals just felt SO good and in return i kept a tracer off her with DM and she hit allot of sleeps on the flankers too.

4 Likes

I wonder if Blizzard is considering making a Brigitte mega-thread? Would be nice to see all those nerf-threads locked away in their own void, then some people might understand the distaste many people here have for this thread… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

whats is disgusting is people who lock onto roles like Tank and DPS do not acknowledge role playing… which is severely irritating.

1 Like

Well, let’s grab some popcorn and wait for the inevitable army of complains saying “Uprising is impossible because each time Rein dies it’s game over”. If they are so stubborn with this bad design, they will crash and burn, that simple. Unless they turn the bots AI into the dumbest one in their history, of course.

11 Likes

I wonder if they actually tested it… I don’t think it is going to go well…

10 Likes

I’m like “please be Mercy, be Mercy”
I can’t see her in this state anymore

11 Likes

I summed up that many times. In higher difficulties, Tracer is more a problem than a real aid for her team, even with her insane mobility, because bots can shoot her easily. Also, even with Mass Rez, it was extremely difficult. So, just floating around in middle of nowhere while doing nothing relevant, surrounded by bots and having to spend 2 seconds in middle of heavy enemy fire, chances are if Reinhardt dies (and he will at some moment) the game will be over immediately.

5 Likes

There also the issue of the MMR system :confused: my current MMR for that mode basically means Hard mode is difficult because the mid tier level players can’t tank or DPS in an efficient way. Way to go match maker… you always find a way to ruin my game one way or another.

Best I could do was run Mercy, but then one of the other heroes was bound to fail :confused: annoyingly you are right, everything is reliant on Reinhardt… though for better or for worst, we do have a BlackWatch variant of Uprising…

I find it amusing how they have a priority list of heroes that need nerfing / buffing / changing and people use that as an argument to say X hero isn’t gonna be worked on for months.
Blizzard is a multibillion company with thousands of employees. They don’t have 5 people sitting at a desk who have to come up with a fix in the time span of a week. They have hundreds of people who bring ideas and discussions and can make changes within hours if they really wanted to.

2 Likes

At that time i had the feeling to be the only one which got more than 25 SR for one win with Mercy and lost something like 20-25 with a lose… Res average at 6-6.5 at that time. For me everything seemed to be normal. I never had SR problems really.
That “someone” could include all OW youtubers. But for the most part, it was the fault of the Dev’s saying that they compare apples to apples. That was pretty much the start of everything.

ht tp://prntscr.com/iyqojg
ht tp://prntscr.com/iyqoof

Good old days. I literally tracked HUNDREDS of games XD

This one was interesting, the middleground between minimums
htt p://prntscr.com/iyqpau

wow. I don’t know what to say to that really. I will try it on legendary. I don’t think it will work unless they made it a hell of a lot easier.
Which would be just s***.

I’ve also come up with a good analogy for Community vs OWL:

Just because Trump thinks America should invest in 90,000 Nuclear bombs, doesn’t mean the rest of the people will be happy with it.

Okay, it was clear that they are going to use Val. They are not stupid, it would only fuel the Mercy conversation even more.
But really, i think Val will only mess up Uprising.

Very interesting. I never had the feeling that i had more SR lose on average than gain, but i also never tracked it so :sweat_smile:

I am genuinely going to just laugh at blizzard before crying if my current Forums tyraid gets me banned somehow. I really will.

I’m trying to see if I can popularize the idea of giving Mercy back mas rez for the event and I’m actually using language that makes it a positive for everyone (cus it does)
Namely the fact that balancing the code of the A.I so that they are accurate enough to be any threat to Tracer without just sniping Mercy out of the sky while in Valkyrie would be borderline impossible, and clearly balancing that mode gave them trouble last year since it actually got nerfed halfway into the event (even pro’s were struggling to do the base version and found a cheese strat in the no limits version involving bastion)

Blizz doing less work by bringing back the original mercy for the event (and just for in the event mode) will save them time that can be spent on the Blackwatch one AND give veteran Mercy’s a nostalgia trip it’s a win win

10 Likes

Knowing my luck I’m gonna get permanently banned on the forums for some things. So I have one last thing to say.

Good luck to those who are unhappy, but blizzard doesn’t care. Maybe in a year they might, but who knows.

We know that this rework is trash, but the devs threw us these scraps anyways just to shut up most the community and OWL. When we have a problem they herd us into one thread to ignore and solve their problem.

Will change happen? Who knows.

There is one thing I know. After a 2 month break I don’t even see the appeal to come back to the Uprising event.

15 Likes

Well, after this horrible “Rework”, that they are still claiming is a success, I am not surprised at their attitude about Uprising. Saddened and very VERY disappointed, but not surprised…
When even DPS mains start complaining about Uprising being unwinnable at higher levels because Mercy cannot perform Instant Rez (or at least after 1 second Rez like we have suggested) once Reinhardt dies, maybe then they will fix her…

19 Likes

Mercy, The Broken Angel.

“Heroes Never Die!” was what we hear.
A phrase so powerful, it conquered our fear.

Victory was assured! Our foes under our feet.
With our guardian angel, we never feared defeat.

Mercy was an angel that gave us life.
Another chance to battle the strife.

Then one day, a cursed Blizzard came.
So violent. So horrid. Mercy was never the same.

It tore her apart; down to her core.
It left her screaming, crying “please, no more!”

The guardian angel whom could once cheat death.
To make a difference now, she has to hold her breath.

Quicksand was the consequence of using her power.
She is stuck as a prey for the enemy to devour.

“I Will Watch Over You!” she assures her friends.
Oh, but how quickly that battle ends.

Mercy is now broken. All she can do is fly.
And watch her comrades bleed and die.

That Blizzard curse was far too strong.
Our beloved angel is now gone.

18 Likes

It’s the second one. :stuck_out_tongue: