Feedback for the Playerbase

Are any devs actually looking at these forums or working on the actual game and not events? It’s been 2 years and very little has changed to keep people coming back. Maps and Heroes don’t keep people coming back, especially when they’re introduced with little feedback taken and used. Competitive has had 2 major changes since launch, and heroes are broken for way too long. It should not take more than a week to fix some of these issues, and most can be fixed within a day. I don’t even understand how things get pushed to live anymore because most of the time, they’re broken. I check the forums often, and constantly see the same type of threads. It doesn’t take me more than a minute to see or do it, so why does it not seem like it’s getting done here?

For the mods that don’t help create the game, I am not calling out the devs, I simply want answers for why they’re not doing very much of what most of the playerbase wants

Don’t use words like “Blizzard,” “Blue,” or any employee names in a thread topic.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, these kinds of posts won’t help you achieve your goal. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to removal, along with forum account suspension.

Edited the title, let’s try not to specifically call for the Devs! - Forum Mod

4 Likes

because 99% of the time what the playerbase wants is not good for the health of a game.

1 Like

Ahem as Adele’s once said or sang?

Hello, it’s me.

1 Like

Not talking about all the playerbase, I’m talking about the things that have been being complained about for months or the blatantly obvious broken things that aren’t being fixed

2 Likes

Yes, let’s rely solely on the devs because their balancing is clearly so perfect.

2 Likes

New content absolutely bring people coming back. Balance changes do bring people back as well, but new maps and heroes are what excite most people.

1 Like

Grabs Popcorn

1 Like

Offers some caramel popcorn and MnM’s

Not when there’s so many other issues and the game isn’t 90% perfect. Plus recently, they’ve shown they can’t balance a hero before they’re released or know a map is going to have issues before it’s put into comp

1 Like

You’re not expecting to get a dev reply on a Sunday, are you? Because, if you are, I’ve got some bad news for you, bud.

I looked at their previous replies, and if I wanted one immediately, I would have made a “fun post” to get it

1 Like

I’d rather heroes and reworks get pushed out and released so that they can be tested and improved upon post release. You can’t reasonable balance every hero and map to please the most amount of players without having data that shows that certain choices they make with heroes and maps would be better or worse for balance. Blizzard has limited numbers to playtest. PTR has limited numbers and many players who log in and don’t try to actually play competitively with the new maps or heroes. And I’m not talking about getting data from just qp on live, from comp as well because everyone knows qp is not representative of the skill and effort people put in when they play competitive.

Like I said, balance changes are good and healthy for the game but not everyone is playing the same character that happens to be UP or bugged. Not everyone has an issue with a character being FOTM and OP, but more people appreciate and get more excited when it comes to new content because it’s something that they haven’t played before. If Overwatch just stopped making content and focused entirely on balance, I’m sure it wouldn’t be doing any better because people get tired of doing the same things without any brand new elements being added to their gameplay experience.

Because the majority of players are not in GM, therefore our opinions don’t matter

To be bluntly honest, I do not think that you understand the depth of the issues you’re speaking about.

Also…

Don’t call out the devs and then say “I’m not calling out the devs”. That’s not cool, dude.

They are working very hard, and they have a lot of cool new features and balance changes on the way. Some of them very soon.

Luckily that, while being the attitude of many on the forums, is not Blizzard’s attitude.

Let’s think of it like this.

The devs do not have the time to balance heroes and more when’s they are making systems that shouldn’t be needed if we were all much less toxic.

We wouldn’t need endorsements to show whose toxicity or not or LFG. But we couldn’t set aside differences and so they had to step in at the cost of the balance of the Game for a while.

We need to calm down and wait to receive some changes

nah they are too busy thinking of ways to make roadhog worse, it takes a lot of effort to ignore all his bugs for such a long time

1 Like

Have you played any reworked heroes? There’s still a megathread on one that’s been ignored and it took 6 months to have them changed. Hanzo currently does the second most amount of damage in GM, right after Bastion. Things like those should not take months to fix and should have never been taken out of the PTR. If super OP or UP things are being released and not fixed constantly and bugs aren’t being fixed, that drives players away so fast and very little can bring them back

I am in GM and they still don’t care. Most of them don’t even bother coming here to say issues because they get shut down too fast

That’s why I didn’t say “all these issues can be fixed within a day”. I know some will take awhile, but the one’s that are just changing a number shouldn’t take more than a day

I’m not calling them out. I just want questions answered and the only way to get their attention is to put “dev” or one of their names in the thread

We have been waiting and a lot of us are still waiting. Yes toxicity is a problem, but making something to attempt to help with it doesn’t take an entire team of devs to come up with. The idea, maybe, but the devs should have different responsibilities for what they code

2 Likes

I guess they just don’t have the time. They’re a small team trying to please a big community. Just calm down and think how they feel when they’re being harassed by the community for more things.

We all need to chill out. Calm down and just relax

Are you saying we should be fine with them taking months to fix stuff and they should continue ignoring feedback before pushing something into “competitive”? I feel for them when they release something good and get hate instantly, but not when there’s simple things that they can fix and they don’t

1 Like