Fan the Hammer buff - feedback from a McCree main

Nice joke. Want to 1v1 for 10 rounds with you on McCree and me on hog? I predict I win 10 rounds in a row.

I agreed with everything you said up to this point. He sure as hell does not need extra hp. He’s not a front-line character. He doesn’t need to have near tank levels of HP, just because he has low mobility. He has an instant-kill (FTH/stun combo), instant mobility to dodge some abilities (use combat roll to quickly move out of LOS from a sniper, dodge a rocket from Pharah, etc). He’s fine with his health.

You’d lose. Sorry, but it’s the hard and cold truth.
Especially with this new buff to McCree’s right click, it’s FtH, flash, FtH and it’s over.

Positioning is important. Without a solid hook, the Hog’s spread doesn’t do enough damage and the alt. fire cannot blow up for enough damage either.

PS. There’s a “reply to comment” button. Use it, if you want me to be notified of your challenge, next time.

Okay, sounds like we have a 1v1 to play. Add me so we can go and see who is right.

This was true before the FtH buff… what’s your point?

Flash head shot only kills baby DVA and Tracer. You need another shot and that takes skill. Flash might not be great but it isn’t the problem.

Read the OP.
“FTH is better than aiming.”
Clearly not true all the time, which means not true.

please record the gameplay for us to watch if you do go 1-on-1 with him. I’m actually curious about the results.

As someone who used to play alot of McCree, I very much disagree with OP.
McCree needs to not rely on pure aiming alone because it doesn’t work in practice. It’s way too inconsistent. McCree is squishy, has zero mobility and has average range. He needs to have more things than just left clicks. McCree is especially vulnerable towards dive tanks and dive heroes, which is why I think FTH buff is necessary for him to ever be meta.

Fan the hammer is supposed to be better than aiming at close range, otherwise the ability is pointless, just like it was more than a year or so.

OP says to increase hp, but we don’t need any more hp/shield creep than we already have. We need more consistent damage to stop tank metas and GOATS being so effective.

You would be crazy to not take a buff to a hero that has been trash tier for so long.

1 Like

this is my personal fav use since breaking reins shield can end up in a kill depending on how many teammates he’s blocking

Oh yeah. I learned this long ago when I played a lot of Rein myself. I think it was Lunar Colony second point. We were about to cap, only McCree alive and he Ult on that high ground above the lunar rover.

I scoff at him, throw up my barrier and shield my ENTIRE team. He lets loose destroying my barrier, killing my team, drops down, flash bangs +FTH me to clean up.

I was pretty baffled. I do hope that guy saved that POTG though.

1 Like

Yea, the more teamtes staying behind your shield to block High Noon, the more damage your shield takes and some one is bound to die. I much prefer to use terrain when I hear High Noon since it places less stress on the shiled barrier. The other option is to guess on the timing and DM which is a very high gamble I will not use vs player. Works perfectly on bots since they always use it exactly at 2s to 3s later.

Fth roll fth was already great against tanks tho.

Flanking, sneaking, and killing the healer with Fan seems pretty skilled to me.

Season 1 McCree Reference for record keeping.

yah his dead eye just wrecks barriers if youre not careful

Still waiting for you to accept my friend request on the Blizzard App.

The problem with the buff to Fan the Hammer is that it now makes mccree one of the best shield breakers in the game.
You can just sit back at medium range and spam FtH 3-4 times and a rein or orisa shield will be gone in no time, just by him, not even counting other dps.
On top of that, the stun+fth combo burst is too much,it allows him to delete tanks at close range. Due to the sheer size of tanks, using fan the hammer you can’t miss any shots,so you simply destroy tanks.

You got a character that has medium-long range hitscan, massive burst spam damage if needed and a stun.
He is basically a hitscan and a reaper combined now.
Why would you ever play reaper again?

I don’t mind Mccree having a strong fan the hammer, but if it’s gonna be that strong it needs some form of cooldown like 3-4seconds to prevent spam.
He would still be able to use it twice in a row with roll.

3 Likes

I don’t have an invite from you.

I literally won 2 deathmatch games as McCree only using Fan the hammer

I really wish Blizzard would talk about it feedback when it’s so overwhelmingly agreed on like this post was.