Fan the Hammer buff - feedback from a McCree main

Honestly she just needs to have her autolock beam back OR maybe we could have a middle ground.

She autolocks for the lower damage and once she gains some real power you have to aim like Zarya.

1 Like

Thank you for posting this. I completely agree with you and would have posted this same feedback myself.
FtH isn’t fun. All I see now are people just spamming it, in hopes of landing shots and getting more damage.

McCree needs survivability. I am all for the 50 armour points. I also would like to see him able to roll while using his ultimate, as it’s completely useless right now in higher ranks. You just become a massive, glowing target, almost like shouting “HEY, SHOOT AT ME!”.

1 Like

I said in a way that doesnt make everyone hate us! LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

I think they buffed FtH because only 1% people used it.
I don’t think I’ll use it too much, i’m used to aiming.

It DOES make him accessible to people like me, I just can’t hit those shots. But I’m not really sure that’s a good thing… lol

I wouldnt hate you :smiley:

Especially if autolock would disengage one she was 40-50% charged.

Lol, time to Ana bots practice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to SO bad lol. Just dont have the hours in the week to do it. I get like 5 hours tops, so I’m playing not shootin bots. I mean look at my profile haha. I HAVE ADAPTED!!!

Also if you don’t have it already, I recommend lowering your sensitivity.
For example I use 800dpi on mouse, and 5 ingame for mcree. I recommend this for all hitscan heroes.
Also make sure you go to Mouse Properties > Pointer Options > Motion and if Enhance pointer precision is checked you need to uncheck it. It will give you more control over your mouse.
8 sens should be okay for all tracking heroes.

1 Like

Ever been to Deathmatch? That’s pretty much all I see there. Flash + Fan the hammer.

And once these McCree players see a Roadhog in DM, they complain and say stuff like “You’re ruining our practice” and “DM is for practicing heroes!” etc.
It’s so dumb.

1 Like

Yeah you have a point.
I don’t play DM so I’ll believe you on this one.

1 Like

Are you kidding me. Speed up his ultimate and it’s OP. You can’t harp on a combo of abilities one shotting and then say we need to speed up his game approved aimbot

maybe increasing the speed of fth shots instead, or reworking it into a 3shot ability on cooldown with reduced recoil

To be fair, at least McCree is easy to kill. Everyone just has to run away from Roadhog.

Having seen a couple McCrees in Deathmatch, this buff isn’t seeming like a buff at all. Stun+FTH was almost always a kill anyways, so ensuring it is doesn’t change the math for me. As Reaper I know my only shot is to dodge the stun or die. I think this remains the case for everyone.

The only reason to hate this buff is that it’s an excuse to say “McCree was buffed” to avoid actually buffing him in the future.

2 Likes

repeats to self
“dont bring Symm into this dont bring Symm into this dont bring Symm into this”

1 Like

I dunno, Im in agreement with Mcree mains who are saying “we wanted a buff, but not like this”. It honestly may even only be a social thing. It could be perfectly ok, but it’s DEFINITELY a hate magnet.

1 Like

?

What does symmetra have to do with this? She’s a free kill in ffa dm.

People been arguing Mcrees vulnerability is what balances his close range near instant lethality. I’m over here just as vulnerable chargin’ mah lazer lol

Was more of a joke, Im aware of the massive differences between the 2

1 Like

Roadhog is a stupidly easy kill, ESPECIALLY for a McCree.
E: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/9rzusp/ffa_deathmatch_how_to_1v1_counter_roadhog_and/