Failed to earn Contenders Symmetra or Mercy skins? IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCED!

I got the Sym skin a few days back but I’ve still not received the Mercy skin yet. I don’t know if I’ve not watched enough hours or if its just a delay. A progress tracker would be nice to have.

2 Likes

I started watching the streams on October 28th and have tuned in to every stream since. I watched around 5-5.5 hours on each day and received the Symmetra skin either on the 29th or early 30th. Since then, I’ve added at least another 10 hours so I’m well over the 15 hour mark but still no Mercy.
Browser: Edge
Streaming via the Contenders website.

Hi Wyoming,
Thank you for creating this thread. I appreciate the time you’ve put into dealing with this so far. I watched every stream except for the two that aired on October 31st. I received the Symmetra skins after about 9-10 hours of watching, which seemed relatively accurate, however I have yet to receive the Mercy skins, despite watching almost every hour this October (minus the last day of streams).

I went through a number of the troubleshooting steps, including unhooking my battlenet account from my console and reconnecting, cleared my cookies, tried different browsers, and switched devices to watch off of.
I watched every stream through the overwatch league contenders site, and when the “green dot” feature was added, I never once had anything other than green.

I am in America, so there shouldn’t be any country conflictions.

Thank you for looking into this. I would really appreciate if the connection issues for my account could get figured out. I live with my boyfriend, and for both this contenders event and the overwatch league streams this season he had almost no issues receiving his reward credits as compared to the repeated issues I have had receiving my rewards.

I was luckily able to get the skins, but I was worried I wouldn’t! A progress bar would be amazing! Can you send this feedback to Blizzard for me?

1 Like

I have watched the streams from Oct 28th - Oct 31st. I’ve received the Sym skin the other day, but no mercy skin. My account is in Canada, had green dot the entire time. I typically leave mine on because I want to try an collect all contenders skins!!

I streamed on Chrome through their website. Thanks!

I’ve watched all live streams on the 30th and 31st. Prior to that I watched enough streams and was granted the Symmetra skin just fine, but I’ve clocked more than 15 hours total after the past few days of watching with the same settings as before, and still no sign of the Mercy skin.

I had made sure to watch the streams of both EU and NA fully, including intermission breaks with the stream still going. I live in NA, have had all my account info linked since forever ago when S1 of Overwatch League started. I participated within the full runtime of these streams~

• October 28th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1]
  • October 28th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1]
  • October 29th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1]
  • October 29th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1]
  • October 30th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2]
  • October 30th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2]
  • October 31st @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2]
  • October 31st @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2]
    ————-

Have received the Sym skin on the second day of those streams, but its Nov.1, and I still have not unlocked the Contenders Mercy Skins. I also own this game on PS4 and PC.

Hopefully that helps for information of my own issue relative to everyone else here.

1 Like

I have not received the Mercy skins as of yet. I watched the whole stream on October 28th and 29th of the EU and NA matches as is written on the contenders site. Also, I watched 3 hours yesterday, the 31st. I reside in the US, and double checked I was signed in every time I hoped on to the Contenders Site to watch the streams. I signed on the moment the streams began until they ended. I live in the USA, and the USA is where my blizzard account says I’m located. I preformed all of the troubleshooting to the best of my abilities.

I have been attempting to collect all the mercy skins I can and almost have all of them and would really like to get this one as well. I have contacted Blizzard support and Overwatch contenders through twitter with no luck to resolving the issue and at this point am desperate to just get the skins.

Got the Symm skin but not the Mercy one. I’m very confident I had plenty of hours accumulated to get the Mercy one. Repeatedly verified I was signed in to the OWL Contenders site with the green dot, too. Had the stream playing all day yesterday which should have put me over the threshold, plus more hours from previous days after I already go the Symm skin. (Region: NA)

I have the same issue as everyone else. I have the Symmetra skin but not the Mercy skin. I’ve watched everything from the 29th. I already had the Symmetra skin when I started the live broadcast on the 31st and I watched the whole thing. I’ll be really upset if I can’t complete my collection since I try my best to get all skins.

I’ve watched almost all broadcasts starting October 15th.
I got Sym’s skins after around the 20th but even having watched so many since then I’ve still not received Mercy’s skins.
I really hope Blizzard does something about this.

Hi WyomingMyst!

Firstly, thank you for all the support and tips you’ve given to the community. It’s greatly appreciated that someone can give us some answers and assistance with the stream.

I started watching on Oct 15th for the Korean playoffs (23:00 - 07:00 PDT). I live on the West coast in the USA so that was an overnight stream that I had on mute next to my bed. I checked that I was logged in and didn’t think much of it since I had no issues with the OWL Finals drops. When I checked my account the following morning no Sym skin. I saw others were having issues and one of the trouble shooting tips was to have the page unmuted. I assumed that none of those hours counted since the page was muted so I had to restart. I had no issues logging in or staying logged in. I had the message under the video under each stream.

I watched the English vod of the Oct 25th China stream, and the streams from the 28th- the 31st. All of them totaling well over the 15 hours. I’ve been watching on PC/Google Chrome and relinked my PS4 connection and disabled adblockers after having issues with not receiving the Sym skin. That seemed to work and the Sym skin dropped earlier in the week but it seems I’m also following the pattern where I’ve received the Sym skin but not the Mercy skin. I’ll keep checking in to see if it drops today or tomorrow.

I’ve had the green dot consistently since they added the feature. I hope that something can be worked out since so many people have had issues with the drops. Mercy is such a popular hero and one of my favorites so I’m also disappointed it hasn’t dropped. Fingers crossed.

I watched 20 hours, still no mercy skin. I got the symmetra one so I was doing the watching correctly. Posting for record keeping purposes.

I got the Symmetra skin, but not the Mercy skin. I am in the US. I can post my YouTube stream history:

Contenders Korea | S2 Playoffs | Quarter and Semi Finals - Oct 17
Contenders Australia | S2 Playoffs | Day 3
Contenders Korea | S2 Playoffs | Grand Finals
Contenders China | S2 2020 | Week 4 | Semifinals and Finals
Contenders EU / NA | S2 October | Upper Bracket Round 1 | Day 1
Susan Lower BRacket Run | Contenders EU & NA | S2 October | Lower Bracket Round 2 | Day 3
Susan continues Cinderella Run | Contenders EU & NA | S2 October | Winner Bracket Final, LR |Day 4

I’ve had the green dot as well, but I know that I got at least the hours for Symmetra and should have gotten Mercy after watching on Friday and Saturday (Had a few Wi-Fi issues, but still should have had the hours for Mercy). But I had both Chrome open on my PC (logged in with green light) with it being open on my iPhone as well also on Chrome (green light was on the browser) as well.

Haven’t received any of the Symmetra or Mercy skins.

Live in EST. Have watched 15+ hours on https://overwatch league.com/en-us/contenders/

Verified I was logged in and even have the
“CONTENDERS VIEWERSHIP REWARDS -
You are logged in to earn [viewership rewards]” message.

No skins, over 20 hours. Had the green viewership rewards light for all the hours.

So here is my report. I am in the USA. I watched both back-to-back streams from start to finish on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week (starting Oct. 28 to present.)

Each time, the stream told me I was logged in to earn viewership rewards. The video was at medium volume and the “Live Indicator” was highlighted with the red dot.

By Friday evening, I logged into Overwatch to check the Hero Gallery for the skins and I didn’t have either of them. I looked in the other thread for help and discovered that I should have a green dot next to “Viewership Rewards”. I always had a red one.

I noticed that whenever I played the video, it started green and then a minute later it would turn and remain red. While recording a video to show WyomingMyst, I noticed that every time the browser would attempt to contact a specific url at amazonaws (practically every minute after I hit play on the stream), it would immediately turn red.

Based on WyomingMyst’s feedback, I tested it in Chrome on my Note 3 Phone and I was able to remain in the green. Clearly it was the amazonaws site not playing nice with my PC browser. Today, I installed a different browser in a VM window to test it, and it works perfectly fine.

A literal day late and a dollar short, unfortunately, as it was the Mercy skin that I really wanted (being a Mercy Main and all.)

I didn’t get any symetra nor mercy skin.
I’m pretty disapointed since I’m only collecting Mercy goodies (I only play her)

I’ve watched almost all lives on the OWL website (Contenders Homepage | Contenders).

I live in France, use chrome browser.

I was logged and get the message :
CONTENDERS VIEWERSHIP REWARDS -
You are logged in to earn [viewership rewards]
on the bottom of the video.

I was on “live” on youtube.

Hope we will be able to bought them because it’s unfair, I’ve never had problems when getting skin watching live on twitch :frowning:

I’m having the same problem as well. I’ve watched about 23 hours worth of LIVE Contenders content and I have not received the Mercy Contenders Skin. I hope this issue gets fixed because I followed the directions with the goal to collect this skin for Mercy. I made sure that at the bottom of the live player the green viewership rewards light/message was there for all of the hours.

Thanks for all the help solving this issue.

Thanks for making this thread! I’ve watched almost all of the NA and EU contenders in October; I’ve certainly watched more than 15 hours. However, I’ve so far only received the Symmetra skin.

I’m still hoping to get the Mercy skin tomorrow, but as it’s already November I’m starting to get a little anxious; as a Mercy main, I certainly don’t want to miss out on getting the skin.

I’m in USA and have always seen the green dot marking eligibility since it was introduced. The Blizzard website has the OWL website on it’s list of approved connections.

Thanks for reading.

Edit: November second and still no skin :sob: