Failed to earn Contenders Symmetra or Mercy skins? IMPORTANT UPDATE ANNOUNCED!

I just received Torb too… And I also think we won’t get Mercy anymore… I’m so sad :frowning:

I feel you. I wanted to get all the contenders skins T-T

2 Likes

Hey guys, I understand many of you are now earning the Torb skin despite not earning Mercy. I have to emphasize, that I still believe the issues with earning Mercy are technically still being investigated. I am not sure what Blizzard will be able to do (whether they directly fix it or offer a different opportunity on it), but for now last I heard, I believe this is still under investigation.

11 Likes

Hello, I too am one of the many that didn’t get the Mercy skin. I received the Symmetra skin and have easily watched more then 20+ hours. I am AUS and my account is logged in and linked correctly and I do have the Red Live button, and the green button next to the “You are logged in to earn viewership rewards”.
Awesome thread, thanks for the help. Fingers crossed they are working on a fix.

1 Like

Just got the Torb skins, which is a bit of a relief. I don’t play Torb much myself, but I’m planning on going for all the Contenders skins, so it’s nice to have another one under my belt now.

Myst is right, though; there’s nothing we can do but trust that Blizzard is looking into it, and planning to compensate. Getting sad over it won’t get anyone anywhere, especially when we’ve already done our parts by providing the information.

1 Like

Just for the record I have also watched a lot more than 16 hours and receieved the Symmetra skin yet not the Mercy. I really hope they give a second chance for this!

I recieved the sym after many more hours than necessary, however after watching almost every stream fully, I still haven’t received the mercy skin. I am well over the amount of hours though.

What if to fix this “mess” that you are in, just give everyone that was watching the streams the mercy skin because then people would probably get off your back for the moment. Because it doesn’t seem like you guys know what happened so it would just make sense to give it to everyone who watched some of the stream at least. Especially because this doesn’t cost you anything.

Hi,

I watched:
October 22nd - Korea
October 25th - China (just one match)
October 28th - Europe and NA
Octobert 29th - Europe and NA
October 30th - Europe and NA
October 31st - Europe and NA

I got Sym skin but not the Mercy one.

Green dot works.

I live in France.

I tried to change my password but it didn’t work. :confused:

WyomingMyst doesn’t even work at Blizzard, they’re already doing the most they can do. It’s not their fault that the skins are missing.

2 Likes

Mercy skin never showed up in my account after waiting past Nov 2nd. Sadge

I did not receive the mercy skin after watching over 30 hours of contenders. I did receive the symmetra skin. My account is canadian and I watched it over on the overwatchleague website. Here are some of the matches I watched, I could be missing some. I don’t understand why I did not receive it, please help :frowning:

• October 15th - Korea
  • October 21th @ 9 AM PDT - [korea grand finals]
  • October 25th @ 5 PM PDT - [China Week 4 Semifinals, 3rd Place, and Finals
  • October 28th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1]
  • October 28th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1]
  • October 29th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1]
  • October 29th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1]
  • October 30th @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2]
  • October 30th @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2]
  • October 31st @ 11 AM PDT - [Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2]
  • October 31st @ 3 PM PDT - [North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2]

I was able to earn the Sym skin but not the Mercy Skin. I watched part of the stream on October 28th, and all the streams on October 29, 30 and 31st.
Green Dot was showing, nothing muted, no adblocks, used safari on phone and chrome on PC (a mix of both).

UK here. Watched all but maybe one and a half of the qualifying streams (pretty sure I only missed less than half of one stream, however). Firefox, no adblocks, logged in on the Contenders site, tab muted. Got Symm, but not Mercy. I am absolutely positive I have more than enough hours to have acquired her skin.

Saw the green dot on at least one of the streams, but I don’t recall seeing it any other time. Didn’t know it was a thing until just now.

October 20th @ 2 PM PDT - South America Week 4 Semifinals and Finals 1 - Total time: 5:39:10
October 28th @ 11 AM PDT - Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1 3
October 28th @ 3 PM PDT - North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 1 3 - EU & NA Combined Time: 9:19:30
October 29th @ 11 AM PDT - Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1
October 29th @ 3 PM PDT - North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 1 - EU & NA Combined Time: 7:40:30
October 30th @ 11 AM PDT - Europe Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2
October 30th @ 3 PM PDT - North America Week 4 Upper Bracket Round 2 - EU & NA Combined Time: 8:08:51
October 31st @ 11 AM PDT - Europe Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2 2
October 31st @ 3 PM PDT - North America Week 4 Lower Bracket Round 2 2 - EU & NA Combined Time: 7:45:58

I turned off Adblocker during my time watching and I still have not recieved either skins.
My account is registered in Japan.

Greetings !
Here’s the list of the streams that i watched :

October 28th @ 11 AM PDT
October 28th @ 3 PM PDT
October 29th @ 11 AM PDT
October 30th @ 11 AM PDT
October 31st @ 11 AM PDT

And unfortunately I didn’t get Sym nor Mercy.
Thanks in advance.

I also got sym but not mercy even i watched 15+ hours

You know, maybe, just maybe, given all the issues with this system a reset and re-offer of the skins would be in order. Just a thought.

5 Likes

Oh oops, I didn’t know that. lol

I watched both the October 30th and 31st streams and got no rewards, and was logged in the entire time. I initially wasn’t on the 30th, and immediately rectified that when I realized I wasn’t. Streamed on google chrome on my PC, never had any delays or anything like that, so I don’t know why I never got the rewards.