Failed to earn Contenders Bastion or Reinhardt skins?

Just as a quick note everyone, I do believe the problem with earning Reinhardt skins has resolved for most users based on the reports I have seen, so I will be getting this topic closed to help keep things organized.

If you need help with earn the Echo or Brigitte skin please continue to follow my primary streaming rewards guide thread for updates and PLEASE make sure to work through the troubleshooting steps I have listed there. It is very important and can help often resolve any common issues.

Secondly, I will be starting a separate topic for those who are missing Echo (the 7-hour skin for April), but already earned Brigitte (the 15-hour skin) and will be collecting very specific information from users for that issue.

Click here for the original post

Hey everyone, I am starting this separate thread to survey anyone who so far has not yet earned the Overwatch Contenders skins for Bastion and Reinhardt from the March Overwatch Contenders streaming promotion. This topic is for my feedback purposes only. I do not work for Blizzard! So I canā€™t and wonā€™t promise that Blizzard will be able to use this list to help correct any outstanding issues for any user. It is my goal to get a better understanding of any persistent issues that can help prevent this problem from happening to you or anyone else for the future skins being offered. Your assistance is greatly appreciated on this.

VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE CONFIRM YOU STILL DO NOT OWN THE SKINS!

With the exception of Overwatch League tokens, no streaming drop provides any type of notification when you log onto Overwatch and you will NOT see the icon labeling those skins when you receive them so please go into your hero gallery, click on either Symmetra or Mercy and check the skins for that hero, they will be labeled ā€œCONTENDERS HOMEā€ and ā€œCONTENDERS AWAYā€ and will be Epic grade skins listed just below any Overwatch League skins you may already own for that hero.

https://www.mystgraphics.com/OverwatchForumImages/MercySymOWC.gif

(Note this is an old gif from the October promotion for Symmetra and Mercy)

VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE CONFIRM YOU ONLY WATCH ON THE CONTENDERS WEBSITE!

Remember to earn Overwatch Contenders skins you must have watched the broadcasts on PTP Contenders Homepage | Contenders. Watching directly on the YouTube page for Overwatch Contenders does not count! There is no direct-rewards stream available yet for Overwatch Contenders on YouTube (this is a feature still being tested and currently only available for the Overwatch League broadcasts).

Furthermore, please remember that the first broadcast of the March schedule, the Australia week 1 group matches, didnā€™t count due to an error, and the hours required were reduced from 7 to 3 and 15 to 10 hours appropriately. Also remember, all China broadcasts do NOT count for streaming rewards as that is not streamed from YouTube. Right now I am specifically focusing on potential issues during the European and North American matches from March 29th to March 31st.

FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU ARE MISSING A SKIN

If you failed to earn either the Bastion or the Reinhardt Overwatch Contenders skins, I would greatly appreciate your participation in reporting in this thread with the following information:

Which streams did you watch? You donā€™t have to specify exactly how much you watched on each, but please specify which of the eligible streams you did attempt to watch to earn these skins.

March 2021 Rewards Eligible Schedule

• Monday, March 8th @ 4:00 AM - :kr: - Group Draw Show (no matches, not rewards eligible)
  • Thursday, March 11th @ 8:00 AM - :australia: - Regular Season Week 1 :warning: ERROR - Do not rely on this broadcast for hours counted!
  • Monday, March 15th @ 3:00 AM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 1 Day 1
  • Tuesday, March 16th @ 3:00 AM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 1 Day 2
  • Thursday, March 18th @ 1:00 AM - :australia: - Regular Season Week 2
  • Thursday, March 25th @ 1:00 AM - :australia: - Regular Season Week 3
  • Thursday, March 25th @ 10:00 AM - :kr: - NEW! OWL Community Experimental Play Exhibition Matches
  • Monday, March 29th @ 3:00 AM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 2 Day 1
  • Monday, March 29th @ 5:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Monday, March 29th @ 10:00 PM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Tuesday, March 30th @ 3:00 AM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 2 Day 2
  • Tuesday, March 30th @ 6:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Tuesday, March 30th @ 10:00 PM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Wednesday, March 31st @ 6:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 3
  • Wednesday, March 31st @ 10:00 PM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 3

What troubleshooting did you attempt to complete? This step is very important! Please take the time to specify if you completed any steps of troubleshooting throughout the month. You can reference my streaming troubleshooting guide (click here) for key steps I have recommended to sort out issues with rewards. Please also specify if you frequently saw the ā€œred lightā€ next to the sign-in confirmation prompt below the web player.

What is the resident country your Blizzard account assigned to? Check this at account.blizzard.com. I ask for this because some countries are not eligible to earn these rewards including possibly some that are not specifically listed in the official rules of the promotion. Please do not provide any specific location or personal information otherwise (as this is a public forum), only your country if you do not mind.

Please avoid posting more than once and please avoid any insults, death threats, or spamming ideas on how to improve the stream. Please provide constructive suggestions in my main thread instead. Thank you for your cooperation. Once again, I do not work for Blizzard (learn more about the forum MVP program here), and I am just looking to help in any area where i can.

13 Likes

Hello! I have not earned the reinhardt skin:( i hope something can be done!
i watched the streams on
Monday march 15th at 3 am
march 29th at 10 am and 3 pm
March 30th at 10 am and 3pm
March 31st at 10 am and 3pm

i should definitely have over 10 hours. I made sure the green dot was present and cleared my cookies and cache and logged out and in to make sure on both windows 10 PC and Android using Chrome browser. Im located in California USA.

2 Likes

Hi Wyoming,

I failed to earn the Reinhardt skin while seemingly earning the Bastion skin without any problems.

Iā€™ve been watching on the Contenders website since the start of these promotions with Mercy and Symmetra. Iā€™ve earned every skin up to this point (except for the Reinhardt one) by watching on my Android device on Google Chrome.

I started watching on March 29, both EU and NA and earned the Bastion skin the the middle of the NA stream. Since then, Iā€™ve watched all EU and NA streams for March 30 and March 31.

Iā€™ve cleared cookies and refreshed the page on my mobile device and can confirm the green dot has been on the entire time Iā€™ve been watching streams. Iā€™ve tried hard refreshing and logging back in as per your troubleshooting guide, as well as restarting the entire device.

My accountā€™s residence is in Canada.

Thanks again for the help! Hopefully thereā€™s a second chance like with Mercy and Symmetra skins :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Hello Wyoming, thanks for your hard work.
I got the Bastion skin without a problem last Monday (March 29th) but havent recieve the Rein even that I watched every stream of the week, I listed the one I watched from start to end:

• Monday, March 29th @ 10:00 AM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Monday, March 29th @ 3:00 PM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Tuesday, March 30th 11:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Tuesday, March 30th 15:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Wednesday, March 31st 11:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 3
  • Wednesday, March 31st 15:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 3

I did watched every streat through the official contenders site.
I did all the troubleshoots more than once before every stream to start. Clearing cache, hard refresh browser, tried on Google Chrome, some days in Mozilla Firefox, even watched some streams on another computer at a different location (my work).

My country of residence is Mexico and Iā€™ve never have some major problems getting skins or drops from previous Overwatch rewards in the past years.
I own all other contender skins from the past months since begining:

• Genji
  • Junkrat
  • Zenyatta
  • Symmetra
  • Mercy
  • Lucio
  • Torbjorn
  • Bastion

Thanks for your help.
BTW, my account is linked correctly to Xbox One (Iā€™m console player).

I have yet to receive the reinhardt skin, I got the bastion one awhile ago.
The streams I watched was:

• Monday, March 29th @ 1:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Monday, March 29th @ 6:00 PM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Yesterday 06:00 - :kr: - Group Stage Week 2 Day 2
  • Yesterday 14:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Yesterday 18:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Today 14:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 3
  • Today 18:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 3

I watched each and every one of these broadcasts in their entirety after I received the bastion skin and still havenā€™t gotten the rein skin.

I live in Brazil. (GMT-3)

I believe that you missed some day or hours of the first broadcasts from Australia and Korea, listed below.

• March 15th @ 7:00 AM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 1 Day 1
  • March 16th @ 7:00 AM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 1 Day 2
  • March 18th @ 5:00 AM - :australia: - Regular Season Week 2
  • March 25th @ 5:00 AM - :australia: - Regular Season Week 3

(* In the first days of broadcasting I got the Bastion skin.)

I didnā€™t miss a day this week!

• March 29th @ 2:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • March 29th @ 7:00 PM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • March 30th 3:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • March 30th 7:00 PM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • March 31th 3:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 3
  • March 31th 7:00 PM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 3

Always clear the cookies and following the sequence described in the forum tutorial.

I use Chrome and watch the streams on a PC.

No problem with the previous skins: Genji, Symmetra, Mercy, Lucio, Torbjorn, Junkrat, Zeniatta and with the first skin of March, Bastion.

The only one I had a problem with was Reinhardtā€™s.

1 Like

I received my Bastion skin but did not receive my Reinhardt skin. According to my calculations I have easily passed over 10 hours of stream time.
Following streams watched march 30th 2021 and March 31st 2021. Please help

Yesterday 13:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 2
Yesterday 17:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 2
Today 13:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 3
Today 17:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day

Hello, I reside in Mexico, got the Bastion skin without any problems during the first week using Opera, but didnt receive the Rein skin after watching the streams from this week (I always checked having the green dot).

Streams i watched using Opera:

• Monday, March 29th @ 1:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Monday, March 29th @ 6:00 PM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Yesterday 06:00 - :kr: - Group Stage Week 2 Day 2
  • Yesterday 14:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Yesterday 18:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 2

Streams i watched using Chrome (Didnt work)

• Today 14:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 3
  • Today 18:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 3

Thank you for your time

I also watched at those same days and didnā€™t earned the rein :broken_heart:

Greetings.

All I can remember: I got the Bastion without any troubles even before March 29th, but no Reinhardt after watching recent streams ( starting from Group Stage Week 2 Day 1 on Monday, March 29th to Tournament 1 Day 3 on Wednesday, April 1th). I watched them on my PC through Firefox 87.0 x64 on official Contenders site, and my location is Russian, Syberia.

Never had any problems with getting skins (Contenders skins, I mean) through watching streams before, so I have all previous skins. But situation with Reinhardt skin is a little bitā€¦ disappointing.

Thanks for your attention to this anomaly.

Hello, same to me, I didnā€™t get the skin from Rein. I watched well from 10 hours by clearing my cache / history / cookies and changing browsers. However, I had no problem obtaining Bastion.
I hope Blizzard reactsā€¦

Same. Got the bastion but not the Rhein. I watched basically everything.

I was like 30sec behind live a few times due to browser glitches, and had to reset whenever the green light would bug off. Happened occasionally, so it might be that.

Sigh checking in, I got the bastion skin very quickly like probably on the first day I started watching. No Rein skin and I watched the below on the contenders website:

• Monday, March 29th @ 9:00 PM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 2 Day 1
  • Tuesday, March 30th @ 4:00 AM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Tuesday, March 30th @ 9:00 AM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Last Tuesday at 21:00 - :kr: - Group Stage Week 2 Day 2
  • Yesterday 05:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Yesterday 09:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Today 05:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 3
  • Today 09:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 3

I didnā€™t do any troubleshooting steps because I have every other contender skin so I tend to think it isnā€™t an issue on my end. Also, I always had a green dot, never saw a red dot.

I appreciate you going in to bat for us again, hopefully we can get another Mercy deal.

1 Like

Iā€™m in the UK, and am on console (PS4). I have all the other contenders skins through watching streams. I received the Bastion skin after watching one of the Australia streams last week, so everything below should have counted for Reinhardtā€™s.

I watched the following matches on the contenders website via Chrome on a PC, green dot always present:

• Monday, March 29th @ 6:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Tuesday at 19:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Tuesday at 23:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Wednesday 19:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 3
  • Wednesday 23:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 3

Thanks for bringing attention to this Wyoming, itā€™s appreciated!

1 Like

I watched all of the following streams for the mayority of their duration:

• Monday, March 29th @ 11:00 AM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Monday, March 29th @ 4:00 PM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Last Tuesday at 04:00 - :kr: - Group Stage Week 2 Day 2
  • Last Tuesday at 12:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Last Tuesday at 16:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Yesterday 12:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 3
  • Yesterday 16:00 - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 3

I watched preety much the full streams for NA and EU, plus like one or two matches of the korean stream on friday morning. I did get the bastion skin the very first day mid way through the NA stream but never got the Reinghardt skin. I think I watched around 12-13 hours so I donā€™t know why I didnt get it.

I watched from Opera GX and had the green dot for stream rewards show up while I was watching. I live in Mexico if thatā€™s useful, but Iā€™ve earned every other skin so it shouldnā€™t really matter.

Thanks for having this thread!

EDIT: I kept watching afterwards and I already earned the echo skin without issues.

I am eligible to get the Contenders Skins (Europe,Germany) and did receive immediately my Bastion Skin in the middle of the month. Been looking way more Overwatch Contenders Streams since then including the streams from 29-31 of March from EU and NA.
Green Dot was always actively displayed and like i said Bastion made me no troubles despite the early month problems with the green dot.

Thanks for bringing attention to this :frowning: It really annoys to lose your skin streak like this ā€¦

edit: I already received the new Echo Skin without any problems and changed nothing on my side for those next streamsā€¦

If it helps, I did get both skins, not sure when I got the Bastion skin but got the Reinhardt skin at somepoint during the very last possible stream

I got the Bastionā€™s skin in the beginning of the month by watching here and there the broadcast but did not missed one after the 25th, tunned onto:

• Thursday, March 25th @ 9:00 AM - :australia: - Regular Season Week 3
  • Thursday, March 25th @ 11:00 AM - :kr: - NEW! OWL Community Experimental Play Exhibition Matches
  • Monday, March 29th @ 12:00 PM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 2 Day 1
  • Monday, March 29th @ 7:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Tuesday, March 30th @ 12:00 AM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Tuesday, March 30th @ 12:00 PM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 2 Day 2
  • Tuesday, March 30th @ 8:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Wednesday, March 31st @ 12:00 AM - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Yesterday 20:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 3
  • Thursday - :us: - Tournament 1 Day 3

But did not get the Rein skin for contenders.
Hope you can trace the problem :slight_smile:

Hello, I have not earned the Reinhardt skin after watching almost all Overwatch Contender streams on the Overwatch Contender site besides the ones for NAā€™s timezone and another one on March 25th.

Iā€™ve always had a running green dot on these streams and almost full stream time watched. Iā€™ve used Mozilla Firefox exclusively for all my streams watched, did every troubleshooting I had to do using your guide and successfully gotten the Bastion skin at least. Still, Iā€™ve missed out on Reinhardtā€™s skin for no good reason, even if Iā€™ve for sure had more than 10 hours watched.

Iā€™ve watched these streams below:

• Monday, March 15th @ 12:00 PM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 1 Day 1
  • Tuesday, March 16th @ 12:00 PM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 1 Day 2
  • Thursday, March 18th @ 10:00 AM - :australia: - Regular Season Week 2
  • Monday, March 29th @ 1:00 PM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 2 Day 1
  • Monday, March 29th @ 8:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 1
  • Tuesday, March 30th @ 1:00 PM - :kr: - Group Stage Week 2 Day 2
  • Tuesday, March 30th @ 9:00 PM - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 2
  • Yesterday 21:00 - :eu: - Tournament 1 Day 3

My accountā€™s residence is Romania.

Thank you in advance.

Hiii!!

I seem to be having the same problem as the majority of people, I watched almost all of the streams and I earned Bastion extremely early into the month with no problems. But I never received Reinhardt and Iā€™m really bummed out about it. :frowning:

The green dot was present for the duration of every stream and I had good internet, I use google chrome and frequently used the tips provided by our saviour WyomingMist to ensure everything was in order. Still didnā€™t receive Rein skin, sad :frowning:

Iā€™m located in the Middle East, Iā€™ve had problems before but itā€™s getting ridiculous. I hope everyone gets their skins because missing out on limited skins when you did the work for them is always a bummer :frowning: