Failed to connect to server

I am getting a lot of server connection failures. They never let me into the game, the screen for the game never comes up. But it logs into the chat server.

It happened 3 times in competitive and i got two suspensions and a season 3 ban as a result.

But i was at the keys waiting. Happening a bunch in QP as well, but there is no suspension risk for dropping a game in QP.

3 Likes

Same here, now I got a 20 hr suspension for a bug. The funny thin gis that I never actually lose connection, the game runs fine, but for some reason the game thinks that I lost connection and kicks me out.

4 Likes

Same here. Usually i check by trying to join practice range or a custom game and if i can join them then i queue or then i restart and “scan and repair” and to make sure i join practice range while i queue. I found that if you dont join any game “while you wait” then you wont be able to join the game you’re queueing for.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

With today’s patch going live and with the influx of new players from Steam, i am also started experiencing this bug which has very rarely appeared during this last 5 seasons. In the 3 hours of playtime i had experienced 10 times that bug.

3 Likes

Same for me. And this is extremely sad.

2 Likes