Failed to connect to server

I recently received a ban for failing to even make it into the game. I received the game found message but got no loading screen followed by an error message that said I failed to connect to server. This brought me back to the main menu to connect to Overwatch. I couldn’t join into the match since it was immediately cancelled and I received a suspension for this.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s happened to me as well. Usually i check by trying to join practice range or a custom game and if i can join them then i queue or then i restart and “scan and repair” and to make sure i join practice range while i queue. I found that if you dont join any game “while you wait” then you wont be able to join the game you’re queueing for.

1 Like

Yeah, this happened to me too… now waiting for the 1hour suspension to run out :frowning:
And indeed, when this came up, I just queued for an open queue match and almost immediately got this “Failed to connect to server” message… trying to rejoin the queue saw this ~suspension.
(this was the third time today that this error popped up, have managed to play several games in between the errors)

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.